General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by rooneypoo on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:14 pm

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54409
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Me! Me! I need trade gossip.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Patrick Kane on the block? Hmm, I like him a whole bunch.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/215186919724822528

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Teams want to get rid of some big contracts it seems.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Would prefer Ryan to Nash I think. Hard to say I guess...
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:20 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Would prefer Ryan to Nash I think. Hard to say I guess...

Ryan may cost more.

You also have to wonder why the Ducks would trade him, character issues ?
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20858
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:29 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Patrick Kane on the block? Hmm, I like him a whole bunch.

You guys hate Heatley? Well Kane is worse. You want a player that's on tabloids every other month?

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Kane is an utter douche bag. New Roenick.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Too bad he's such a character, because he's damn good.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Perfect if Ryan is available - that means the Rangers or Leafs will go after him instead of Nash. American born. Or maybe Philly swaps JVR? If San Jose is looking for a Winger they can trade Pavelski, thought it means dealing with a division and state rival. It'd be like Toronto and Ottawa trading.

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 3187
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

Post by sandysensfan on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:16 pm

So with the report that Ryan is available... and possibly Patrick Kane, Evander Kane & Paul Stasny -- just rumours I read.. perhaps some teams will turn away from the ridiculous return Columbus wants for Nash.

I'm sure Howsen is not happy to hear that... Maybe he just waits it out until these possibly 4 players are dealt with and starts the Nash discussion later?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47938

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:31 pm

NEELY wrote:Kane is an utter douche bag. New Roenick.

Roenick was a character. I actually didn't mind him. He never beat up a cabbie and I doubt that, as a 24-year-old, he showed up at a frat party srunk out of his mind trolling for young sorority students (I'd be less inclined to be judgmental if he was actually a student).

Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Evander Kane is a player the Leafs would like. I could see a deal for him, involving Schenn possibly (a prairie boy).

I can see Bobby Ryan going to the Rangers as I said, or in the unlikely scenario, going to San Jose for Pavelski. But it looks like the Ducks want quantity, not quality.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Rumour that Columbus might want Jon Bernier - so if Ottawa can swing a deal for Nash that incl.'s their 15th overall, Columbus could package #15 + Bishop (acquired via OTT for Nash) for Bernier + LA's 1st.

LA moves up 15 spots and gets a 25 year old, 6'7" goalie.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 pm

If Ryan is also available, that just changed the landscape a lot, and in OTT's favour. Play one team/offer of another, bring the price down on whichever you buy. If CLB is unreasonable, fine, turn to ANA. Either is a fit. Ryan might be easier to get in the sense that ANA is probably not looking for a goalie.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 am

Riprock wrote:Rumour that Columbus might want Jon Bernier - so if Ottawa can swing a deal for Nash that incl.'s their 15th overall, Columbus could package #15 + Bishop (acquired via OTT for Nash) for Bernier + LA's 1st.

LA moves up 15 spots and gets a 25 year old, 6'7" goalie.

So Columbus would effectively get Bernier + LA's 1st + probably two of ZBad/Puempel/Foligno/whoever for Nash. That would be a sweet haul if Howson could pull it off.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16322
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:34 am

It seems that some of the potential landing spots for Nash are also interested in Parise...so the whole Nash thing may wait until after July 1st. But I really hope it goes down at the draft. I'm hoping for some kind of bonanza.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:36 pm