You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Garrison's gonna cost at least 5 now....
Kuba just smiled too...

I guess...don't really see him as a Garrison or Wideman, but I guess all prices just went up.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Garrison's gonna cost at least 5 now....
Kuba just smiled too...

I guess...don't really see him as a Garrison or Wideman, but I guess all prices just went up.
Yeah, not really as a comparable but the prices for d-men seems to be going up...

spader

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:Since when did Calgary have Hendry's rights? Did they just sign and trade? None of capgeek, wiki, or tsn have him as anything but a UFA.

I retract my question.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Having a real bad typing day. Jordan Henry, not Hendry. Doh.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sens aren't meeting with Justin Schultz today... not sure if they plan to at all...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Sens aren't meeting with Justin Schultz today... not sure if they plan to at all...

Seems that Nash not wanting to come to Ottawa raised some red flags within the Schultz camp.

More to come/

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
on July 1st Jay Feaster announces that the Calgary Flames have acquired J. Schultz.

Jeff Schultz that is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think it's funny how many people rush to crap all over these deals - and I don't really blame them on this one. The term is horrible, but the actual $$ amount of 5.25 is JUST fine for a ~50 point D-man.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:I think it's funny how many people rush to crap all over these deals - and I don't really blame them on this one. The term is horrible, but the actual $$ amount of 5.25 is JUST fine for a ~50 point D-man.

You're inflating. He's more like a 30-40 guy. He's gone 40+ twice (including one season with 50), but he was under 40 five times. If you take out the two years that he was injured for the majority of the year, he averages 34 points per year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Fair enough, I was looking at his past 5 years where he was at a 40 average.

That 50 point season really stuck out at me I guess.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
He was -7 in the playoffs, on the ice for all even strength goals against the Caps at one point.

He's only been positive in plus/minus twice in his career.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:I think it's funny how many people rush to crap all over these deals - and I don't really blame them on this one. The term is horrible, but the actual $$ amount of 5.25 is JUST fine for a ~50 point D-man.

I feel pretty confident in saying that this is one of those deals CGY fans will look back on in 12-24 months' time, and say, "Dude, WTF is wrong with our GMs?!?"

NEELY

Mod
Mod
And this is why building from within at this point is the best move for the Sens... or a trade for a known asset.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:And this is why building from within at this point is the best move for the Sens... or a trade for a known asset.

A second-tier FA signing would be fine, too. Nod

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:He was -7 in the playoffs, on the ice for all even strength goals against the Caps at one point.

Young Bouwmeester should be finding a new home shortly.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:He was -7 in the playoffs, on the ice for all even strength goals against the Caps at one point.

Young Bouwmeester should be finding a new home shortly.

Stefan G:son ‏@steffeG
Ridiculous. RT @Proteautype: Don't blame Jay Feaster or Wideman for his deal. If they trade Bouwmeester, someone has to be most overpaid.

Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, defensively he has his issues. I guess Calgary really wanted to fix their PP.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
Riprock wrote:If the #7 guy gets 50-60 games, isn't he then a top 6 and the other guy is a #7?

The other guy may well play more than 50-60 games. The #7 would be covering everyone's injuries, not just the #6.

Wouldn't that mean then the "#7" would fill in for an average of 10 games per defenceman? (6 regular d-men @ 10 games each assuming a #7 plays 60 games).

So we are assuming that each defenceman will miss 10 games each, or that 1 will miss 50-60, or two will miss a combined 50-60 (or 25-30 each), or three will miss ~20 each, or 4 will miss 15 each? That's an unhealthy defence.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
LOL it's like saying that your back-up goalie will play 50-60 games, which is what the average #1 plays.

Which raises the question: if your #2 plays more than your #1, is your #2 really your #1?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum