General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

stempniaksen
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1960
    Registration date : 2009-09-14

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by stempniaksen on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:50 am

sandysensfan wrote:Bob Mackenzie tweeted.

That Anaheim may be looking for building blocks and not payroll... or something to that..

Which basically means Cowen from a Sens perspective (which obviously won't happen).

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by NEELY on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:53 am

Only player I would move off the current Sens roster is Bishop and Foligno... after that everything should be considered if the trade make sense now and for the next 5-10 years. Nash and Ryan both make sense but the idea is to build a contender, not to make a lateral move that may not help as much as you would like it to.

Zibanejad, Noesen, Lehner, 3 prospects that everyone loves but for the right piece, then yah, you might have to move one of two. Stone, is another that has to be considered.

You don't trade away your entire organizations depth but if you can get a sure 30 goal player for one or two of these guys, you HAVE to consider it.

stempniaksen
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1960
    Registration date : 2009-09-14

Post by stempniaksen on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:14 am

I don't think I would touch any of Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Noesen or Lehner. I know that takes us out of lots of discussions, but I just wouldn't move them for guy like Nash.

If Columbus would take something more along the lines of (following deal) than there may be a deal to be made, but not more than that.

Nick Foligno
    Ben Bishop
    Matt Puempel (or Prince or Pageau, possibly Noesen but would be reluctant)
    OTT 1st 2012

I'm well aware it's a quantity over quality package, but I wouldn't be thrilled with anything more than that.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by NEELY on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:29 am

stempniaksen wrote:I don't think I would touch any of Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Noesen or Lehner. I know that takes us out of lots of discussions, but I just wouldn't move them for guy like Nash.

If Columbus would take something more along the lines of (following deal) than there may be a deal to be made, but not more than that.

Nick Foligno
    Ben Bishop
    Matt Puempel (or Prince or Pageau, possibly Noesen but would be reluctant)
    OTT 1st 2012

I'm well aware it's a quantity over quality package, but I wouldn't be thrilled with anything more than that.

Those two would be the ones I would refuse to move. The other two would be the key pieces going back with not a whole lot more given around them. Lehner is my favorite prospect but if the right deal came along I would move him.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 am

stempniaksen wrote:I'm well aware it's a quantity over quality package, but I wouldn't be thrilled with anything more than that.

That works because it's precisely what Tim Murray would like to do. Trade quantity for quality.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:04 am

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/215821763332935683

Bobby Ryan and Rick Nash linked. Same teams in on both, so, if one goes, the other may move soon after.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:04 am

Hoags wrote:https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/215821763332935683

Bobby Ryan and Rick Nash linked. Same teams in on both, so, if one goes, the other may move soon after.

This is what I said yesterday. Thanks for nothing, Dreger. Beer
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 am

NHL schedule is out !!

Only 3 back to back games vs. the Leafs this year

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=ott
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 am

Sounds like it is possible that the Blue Jackets want to do a deal with Ottawa, but that it is up to Nash to allow it. Sounds like the Edmonton-Ottawa deal.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am

Riprock wrote:Sounds like it is possible that the Blue Jackets want to do a deal with Ottawa, but that it is up to Nash to allow it. Sounds like the Edmonton-Ottawa deal.

In discussing "What does it take to get Nash?" I think we pretty much concluded that Ottawa could offer the best deal for Columbus. The hang-up was, of course, whether or not The Nasher was too much of a big shot for Ottawa and if The Gene is as much of a tightwad cheapskate as we think he is. Beer
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:

In discussing "What does it take to get Nash?" I think we pretty much concluded that Ottawa could offer the best deal for Columbus. The hang-up was, of course, whether or not The Nasher was too much of a big shot for Ottawa and if The Gene is as much of a tightwad cheapskate as we think he is. Beer

I seriously doubt Murray would go in for Nash without Melnyk's consent. Imagine if the deal was finalized and Nash waives his NMC only to have Murray call Howson and tell him "Sorry Scott, my boss won't let me spend that much"

If we trade Foligno, that's 2-3M we don't have to spend for next year so Nash would only increase our cap hit by 5-6M which is probably what it would cost to get a top-6 via UFA.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:16 am

Hoags wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

I seriously doubt Murray would go in for Nash without Melnyk's consent. Imagine if the deal was finalized and Nash waives his NMC only to have Murray call Howson and tell him "Sorry Scott, my boss won't let me spend that much"

If we trade Foligno, that's 2-3M we don't have to spend for next year so Nash would only increase our cap hit by 5-6M which is probably what it would cost to get a top-6 via UFA.

That's what I said too. Except I was thinking more along the lines of Nash/Methot costing an extra 4 schmill over Foligno/Kuba.

Thanks for nothing, Dreger.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:37 am

Riprock wrote:Sounds like it is possible that the Blue Jackets want to do a deal with Ottawa, but that it is up to Nash to allow it. Sounds like the Edmonton-Ottawa deal.

Why does it sound like that? Where are you getting this from?
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:38 am

NEELY wrote:

Why does it sound like that? Where are you getting this from?

Here's how you can save some typing next time: Source?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:43 am

Obviously Murray can't make a deal for Nash without Melnyk's consent to add the salary.

I think Melnyk will be willing to spend more when Murray convinces him it's necessary for the team to take a step forward.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:43 am

SensInsider ‏@SensInsider
    @SensChirp agree, from what it looks like, the #sens have a package that CLB like but now Rick Nash is the one standing in the way.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Looks like The Nasher's agent is putting the screws to Howson.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Riprock wrote:SensInsider ‏@SensInsider
    @SensChirp agree, from what it looks like, the #sens have a package that CLB like but now Rick Nash is the one standing in the way.

That means absolutely NOTHING.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:24 am