You are not connected. Please login or register

SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 16]

181 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:11 pm

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:There's no way every prospect that Ottawa has will be playing for the Sens. They need to make some moves within the next year or two for some serious star power.

Like I always say, the rebuild is a bunch of bull$Dung but what does need to be built up is a lineup that star free agents look at and say "Day-um I want to play with those guys" I believe making a trade or two, along with developing your own, exciting players ("Karls" Karlsson) is how you do it. Can't do just one or the other.

182 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:There's no way every prospect that Ottawa has will be playing for the Sens. They need to make some moves within the next year or two for some serious star power.

Like I always say, the rebuild is a bunch of bull$Dung but what does need to be built up is a lineup that star free agents look at and say "Day-um I want to play with those guys" I believe making a trade or two, along with developing your own, exciting players ("Karls" Karlsson) is how you do it. Can't do just one or the other.

I think the rebuild has some merit but what they are doing is rebuilding a contender, not a bubble team. Ottawa already has their stars. They have their #1 goalie, their #1 center, and their #1 D. You build around it.

I have no idea what Murray plans on doing.

183 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:17 pm

DirtyDave


Rookie
Rookie
I think the send rebuild had more to do with philosophy and coaching then it does with talent

184 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:There's no way every prospect that Ottawa has will be playing for the Sens. They need to make some moves within the next year or two for some serious star power.

Like I always say, the rebuild is a bunch of bull$Dung but what does need to be built up is a lineup that star free agents look at and say "Day-um I want to play with those guys" I believe making a trade or two, along with developing your own, exciting players ("Karls" Karlsson) is how you do it. Can't do just one or the other.

I think the rebuild has some merit but what they are doing is rebuilding a contender, not a bubble team. Ottawa already has their stars. They have their #1 goalie, their #1 center, and their #1 D. You build around it.

I have no idea what Murray plans on doing.

To me that's part of the normal life-cycle of a team. But what do I know. Beer

185 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:39 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:Not everyone can play and Grant wasn't exactly a stud in the AHL last year. Mabe he makes it on the 4th line somewhere but his development may have stalled.

Injured though - concussion I think. This is his year to prove himself IMO.

186 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:42 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
He will need to have a good to great year in the AHL or he's probably moving on.

187 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:52 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I have no idea what happened today. We that kid in the 3rd who has massive upside but he's still recovering from post-concussion. Good pick. Lessard - good call Neely.

Another goalie, a Swedish D-man...

I couldn't watch the draft, I had to fast forward it was too boring.

188 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:02 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Maidens is a solid player and they have a ton of time for him to develop. That's the pick that will be a home run if things work out. Ceci will just be a solid NHLer, don't see all-star upside with him. The goalie depth was the big thing in this draft.

The others, well they are depth move and if only one works out then it was a successful draft.

189 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Riprock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Jarrod Maidens kind of looks like a ginger version of Trevor Doyle lol

190 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:01 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I dunno about Ceci being an all-star, but the Sens may have picked up an upgrade to Rundblad (ie, a kid who can also defend) yesterday.

191 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:I dunno about Ceci being an all-star, but the Sens may have picked up an upgrade to Rundblad (ie, a kid who can also defend) yesterday.

May have? Of course he is. Ceci will be a solid top 4 guy. Will work in every facet of the game and just be solid. That's what they wanted and got.

192 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Tim Murray said he was not afraid to say that they had Ceci in their top 5. Huge upside, huge potential. Everyone says stuff like this so take it with a grain of salt.

193 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:Tim Murray said he was not afraid to say that they had Ceci in their top 5. Huge upside, huge potential. Everyone says stuff like this so take it with a grain of salt.

Me no believe.

194 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:08 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Ceci wasn't my favorite prospect because I don't see top 2 upside, but I think he's a sure fire 3, 4 guy. He just fits in exactly where Ottawa needs him to. That's why he was such a solid pick.

He won't be there this year but it won't be long, a season, maybe 2. Last year in the OHL anyways so... let him dominate then finish the year in Bingo... go from there.

195 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
damn this draft has confused the heck out of the me for my keeper league...have the 6th and 7th picks right now and have no clue who to take!!!! just venting here haha

196 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:26 pm

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Cody's draft day just kept getting better....


197 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Maidens is the next Mike Fisher!!!!

from his twitter: OHL, Owen sound attack #17. #luke1:37 For nothing is impossible with God

198 Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah I saw that. Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum