SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Share

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by NEELY on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 am

    Just good to have another goaltender in the organization. Does he have a shot at being in the Team Canada convo?

    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by hemlock on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 am

    What do we know beyond the scouting reports about this Maidens kid? Anyone?

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by NEELY on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:08 am

    Would have been a 1st rounder if he played the whole year. At worst an early 2nd. There was talk about him being top 10.

    The guy is mad skilled.
    avatar
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Location : Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by hemlock on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:08 am

    NEELY wrote:Just good to have another goaltender in the organization. Does he have a shot at being in the Team Canada convo?

    I really couldn't tell you to be honest. I don't know enough about all the eligible players to say where he'd rank.

    It's nice having a draft pick playing right here though. It gives me more reason to have a vested interest in what the Hitmen are doing.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by Ev on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:08 am

    Ottawa selects Timothy Boyle. Don't know him.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by NEELY on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 am

    No idea who Boyle is... High school player... 4th round. Wonder where he will be going to college?

    Brian Boyle's brother. That's only going to help him so this is a smart, smart pick.
    avatar
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Location : Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by hemlock on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:11 am

    Hmm. I am refreshing tsn.ca and they still haven't updated past the 102 pick. LAME.

    Boyle you say? To the google machine....
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by Ev on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:11 am

    younger brother of Brian Boyle!

    awkward
    avatar
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Location : Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by hemlock on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 am

    Six-foot-two defenseman Tim Boyle of Nobles High School knows that he lacks the size his older brother Brian possesses and understands that he will not be selected in the first round by the Rangers, like his brother was. As one of thirteen siblings, Tim holds hope that he can join his older brother as the second member drafted into the NHL.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by Ev on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 am

    NEELY wrote:No idea who Boyle is... High school player... 4th round. Wonder where he will be going to college?

    Brian Boyle's brother. That's only going to help him so this is a smart, smart pick.

    "no idea who he is"

    "smart, smart pick"

    lol

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by NEELY on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 am

    Having a brother in the pro game only means good things for him. Another RH D man in the organization. They now have Karlsson, Ceci, Claeson, Wideman, Gryba, Blood, and Boyle. RH shots are rare on the backend.
    avatar
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Location : Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by hemlock on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 am

    hemlock wrote:Six-foot-two defenseman Tim Boyle of Nobles High School knows that he lacks the size his older brother Brian possesses and understands that he will not be selected in the first round by the Rangers, like his brother was. As one of thirteen siblings, Tim holds hope that he can join his older brother as the second member drafted into the NHL.

    EDIT: Just found that blurb. It's wrong about him being drafted in the 1st round by the Rags. He was a Kings pick I think.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by NEELY on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 am

    Big Ev wrote:
    NEELY wrote:No idea who Boyle is... High school player... 4th round. Wonder where he will be going to college?

    Brian Boyle's brother. That's only going to help him so this is a smart, smart pick.

    "no idea who he is"

    "smart, smart pick"

    lol

    should have been an edit. Never a bad pick (especially late) to take a kid who has good blood lines.
    avatar
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Location : Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by hemlock on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 am

    NEELY wrote:Having a brother in the pro game only means good things for him. Another RH D man in the organization. They now have Karlsson, Ceci, Claeson, Wideman, Gryba, Blood, and Boyle. RH shots are rare on the backend.

    Not in Ottawa it seems. Laugh1

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by NEELY on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:16 am

    Exactly. Just stack the system with RD. You have to. All you need are guys that can come in and play in the 5, 6 hole and that's where solid depth will have a huge effect.

    I still like Claeson as that #6 D man in about 2 or 3 years. Maybe Blood. Wideman will have to show something special in the AHL for him to have a chance.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by NEELY on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:17 am

    Where will he be going to school? Was he drafted into the CHL?

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by NEELY on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:24 am

    Hopefully the Sens take a real big swing in the 5th round here.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by Ev on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

    lots of big name Russians left wow.

    Sponsored content

    Re: SENATORS 2012 NHL DRAFT

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 am