Got a new 3D TV -- now what?

Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: Got a new 3D TV -- now what?

Post by Riprock on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:47 am

wprager wrote:Paint him green and he'd look a little bit like The Grinch (Carrey version) in that one.

Damn, if only I still had PS. My PC died, and I don't have it for Mac.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:06 am

StickmanDancing

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48187

Post by wprager on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:43 am

spader wrote: StickmanDancing

You should have tried to add a pair of 3-D glasses to that one.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:45 pm

I just noticed that Avatar 3D is available for pre-order. It's available October 16 (hmm, just 4 days from my birthday).

Now, to find the best price Smile

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16445
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 pm

wprager wrote:I just noticed that Avatar 3D is available for pre-order. It's available October 16 (hmm, just 4 days from my birthday).

What a Dung movie.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:04 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:I just noticed that Avatar 3D is available for pre-order. It's available October 16 (hmm, just 4 days from my birthday).

What a Dung movie.

It's all relative. Once Lone Wolf McQuade hit the silver screen back in 1983, everything since can be called Dung.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 pm

tim1_2 wrote:

What a Dung movie.

It's the best 3D movie from all accounts.

P.S. Since I purchased Captain America 3D I still have not watched it Sad The boys glommed on to Heroes on Netflix. It's now gone, but they've since gotten way into Big Brother (at least they use ROD to watch that -- no cap hits), and now Survivor just started up.

I'll never get to watch it at this rate.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 pm

tim1_2 wrote:

What a Dung movie.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:13 am

That was fantastic.

But what happened to all the songs? Sing-a-long Avatar would be a great piece for the special features disc.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Just pre-ordered Avatar 3D from Amazon UK. $28 and change including shipping. Interestingly, Prometheus 3D is priced higher. Apparently there is a deal at FS where you can trade in an old DVD to get $10 off a 3D movie and someone over on DHC said you could get Prometheus for $20 that way (it's priced at $30, which is quite low for 3D). I cannot confirm this because the online page for trade in discounts says "select 3D movies" and does not include Prometheus, but the poster said it was in the flyer (which I can't find for some reason).

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Finally watched Captain America 3D when my father in law came over for turkey. It was a pretty good movie. In many ways I enjoyed it more than The Avengers (which, btw, is $38 for the 3D version, what a rip off).

Prometheus may not be as good (haven't seen, just hear reviews), but if I can pick it up for $20 trading in an old DVD, I'll do that before spending $38 on The Avengers.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:43 pm

wprager wrote:Finally watched Captain America 3D when my father in law came over for turkey. It was a pretty good movie. In many ways I enjoyed it more than The Avengers (which, btw, is $38 for the 3D version, what a rip off).

Prometheus may not be as good (haven't seen, just hear reviews), but if I can pick it up for $20 trading in an old DVD, I'll do that before spending $38 on The Avengers.

I found Captain America to be all kinds of "meh". I actually preferred Thor, and I haven't seen The Avengers yet.

Prometheus is a pretty good sci-fi flick if you disassociate the link to Alien(s) in your mind. The only real Aliens tie in comes right at the end.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:48 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:Finally watched Captain America 3D when my father in law came over for turkey. It was a pretty good movie. In many ways I enjoyed it more than The Avengers (which, btw, is $38 for the 3D version, what a rip off).

I found Captain America to be all kinds of "meh". I actually preferred Thor, and I haven't seen The Avengers yet.

Prometheus is a pretty good sci-fi flick if you disassociate the link to Alien(s) in your mind. The only real Aliens tie in comes right at the end.

It's a prequel, that much as been discussed and settled. Having Ridley Scott at the helm doesn't hurt, either (although did he direct or produce it?) I'll have to watch the first two with the boys before seeing this one.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 am

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

It's a prequel, that much as been discussed and settled. Having Ridley Scott at the helm doesn't hurt, either (although did he direct or produce it?) I'll have to watch the first two with the boys before seeing this one.

Yeah, I know it's a prequel, but you'd never know it if it wasn't for the last two minutes of the movie.

I would watch the first two with your boys AFTER watching this one.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:35 am

Despite Ridley Scott saying it's not a prequel, it certainly seemed like one...

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/is-prometheus-an-alien-prequel/

The movie was ok, but it seemed like we'd seen it all before...
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:38 am

shabbs wrote:Despite Ridley Scott saying it's not a prequel, it certainly seemed like one...

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/is-prometheus-an-alien-prequel/

The movie was ok, but it seemed like we'd seen it all before...

Maybe there is some legal mumbo-jumbo dictating that he can't say anything about this being a prequel? The last scene or two in the movie (without hopefully spoiling anything) make it VERY clear that this is a prequel.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:06 pm

I think what we'll see is a couple of movies set in between Prometheus and the first Alien... allowing for that "last scene" to... errr.... evolve.... if you catch my drift...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:39 pm