You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

121 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
2x6 sounds about right -- but I'm thinking that some dumb team will offer him a 5x6 deal.

Someone will (I think the max offer will be 4 though).

Thin UFA market, lots of teams lost out on Parise (apparently 20 teams made offers).

2 year deal won't cut it, no way.

122 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:39 pm

rooneypoo


All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
2x6 sounds about right -- but I'm thinking that some dumb team will offer him a 5x6 deal.

Someone will (I think the max offer will be 4 though).

Thin UFA market, lots of teams lost out on Parise (apparently 20 teams made offers).

2 year deal won't cut it, no way.

I meant, a 2-year deal is about what his inconsistent play has earned him, but I'm pretty sure some desperate GM will offer him a 5+ year deal.

123 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:39 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
No way he signs a 2 year deal, otherwise he will go to the KHL. The guy knows how to score at the NHL level, hell he can do it in the playoffs too, but soooo risky.

The shorter the term, the larger the money. 3 x 7 is what I would guess like I said up there.

124 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:40 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
2x6 sounds about right -- but I'm thinking that some dumb team will offer him a 5x6 deal.

Someone will (I think the max offer will be 4 though).

Thin UFA market, lots of teams lost out on Parise (apparently 20 teams made offers).

2 year deal won't cut it, no way.

I meant, a 2-year deal is about what his inconsistent play has earned him, but I'm pretty sure some desperate GM will offer him a 5+ year deal.

Don't know if you have to be desperate to offer that... he's an amazing player when he wants to be. Good slap shot, great hands, best wrist shot in the game since Sakic left.

125 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 pm

rooneypoo

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:No way he signs a 2 year deal, otherwise he will go to the KHL. The guy knows how to score at the NHL level, hell he can do it in the playoffs too, but soooo risky.

The shorter the term, the larger the money. 3 x 7 is what I would guess like I said up there.

I'm not talking about what he will get, so much as what he should get.

2 years is what he's earned, at best. I have no doubt he will get more. 3 would be the most I would want to see us do. After that, move on, focus on finding a trading partner.

126 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:43 pm

rooneypoo

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
2x6 sounds about right -- but I'm thinking that some dumb team will offer him a 5x6 deal.

Someone will (I think the max offer will be 4 though).

Thin UFA market, lots of teams lost out on Parise (apparently 20 teams made offers).

2 year deal won't cut it, no way.

I meant, a 2-year deal is about what his inconsistent play has earned him, but I'm pretty sure some desperate GM will offer him a 5+ year deal.

Don't know if you have to be desperate to offer that... he's an amazing player when he wants to be. Good slap shot, great hands, best wrist shot in the game since Sakic left.

If NYI announced 2 minutes from now that they signed Semin to a 7x7 deal, I wouldn't blink an eye. If OTT did it, I would drive over the BM's house with a baseball bat in hand.

127 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
I'm not talking about what he will get, so much as what he should get.

2 years is what he's earned, at best. I have no doubt he will get more. 3 would be the most I would want to see us do. After that, move on, focus on finding a trading partner.

Ah I see what you mean.

Top players in free agency almost never get what they should get, they get far more.

If Parenteau got 4 years, so will Semin.

I think Murray is looking at trades, since we have so many excess bodies, I find it hard to believe he'd put in a big offer.

128 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:45 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
2x6 sounds about right -- but I'm thinking that some dumb team will offer him a 5x6 deal.

Someone will (I think the max offer will be 4 though).

Thin UFA market, lots of teams lost out on Parise (apparently 20 teams made offers).

2 year deal won't cut it, no way.

I meant, a 2-year deal is about what his inconsistent play has earned him, but I'm pretty sure some desperate GM will offer him a 5+ year deal.

That has Jay Feaster written all over it.

129 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Don Brennan just wrote an article asking the Sens to sign Semin, so you can rule him out.

130 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
That has Jay Feaster written all over it.

I think Feaster blew all their cap space on Wideman(LOL) and Hudler.

131 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:Don Brennan just wrote an article asking the Sens to sign Semin, so you can rule him out.

Semin played for the 67s ? Wow I did not know that Laughing3

132 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:49 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Okay, okay...

Final offer:

3 years, 18 million.

NTC in year 1, limited NTC in years 2 and 3.

:crossarms:

133 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:47 pm

dennycrane

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:Okay, okay...

Final offer:

3 years, 18 million.

NTC in year 1, limited NTC in years 2 and 3.

:crossarms:

What part of him makes you think he will fit in with MacLean? Guy would be a bust in this market, similar to how unpopular Kovalev was.

You don't need a NTC, nobody wants him.

134 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:53 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
dennycrane wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Okay, okay...

Final offer:

3 years, 18 million.

NTC in year 1, limited NTC in years 2 and 3.

:crossarms:

What part of him makes you think he will fit in with MacLean? Guy would be a bust in this market, similar to how unpopular Kovalev was.

You don't need a NTC, nobody wants him.

Why wouldn't he fit in with MacLean's system? He can skate, he's good defensively, he can snipe. I think he fits here, but I worry that sometimes he switches off - a la Kovalev.

135 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:54 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:No way he signs a 2 year deal, otherwise he will go to the KHL. The guy knows how to score at the NHL level, hell he can do it in the playoffs too, but soooo risky.

The shorter the term, the larger the money. 3 x 7 is what I would guess like I said up there.

I'm not talking about what he will get, so much as what he should get.

2 years is what he's earned, at best. I have no doubt he will get more. 3 would be the most I would want to see us do. After that, move on, focus on finding a trading partner.

If you can sign him for 3 years at 7 mil, I would probably do it because the term just isnt there and you can actually move him at some point.

As a player (when he plays hard) I really like Semin. Complete game, can score with the best in the NHL, knows how to play in his own end, not overly aggressive (insert stupid fighting joke people think is funny) but he can compete. His issue is he plays when he wants, simple as that.

136 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:55 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
dennycrane wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Okay, okay...

Final offer:

3 years, 18 million.

NTC in year 1, limited NTC in years 2 and 3.

:crossarms:

What part of him makes you think he will fit in with MacLean? Guy would be a bust in this market, similar to how unpopular Kovalev was.

You don't need a NTC, nobody wants him.

He's exactly the type of player that fits in to any teams system, doesn't matter who's. The questions surrounding him are not about his game, it's about when he decides to show up and play it.

137 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
He's exactly the type of player that fits in to any teams system, doesn't matter who's. The questions surrounding him are not about his game, it's about when he decides to show up and play it.

Well certainly not Dale Hunter's neutral zone trap hockey. He'd do well here, shame we don't have any Russians here to help smooth things over (Gonchar is gone in 1 year tops).

138 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:06 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, not a system like Hitchcock, Tippett, Hunter, Tortorella...none of those really. He needs a slightly up tempo system to excel.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum