You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

151 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Doan talking with the Canucks, among others...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/07/10/shane_doan_free_agent_phoenix_coyotes_vancouver_canucks/

152 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Wow:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

NHL source just confirmed to me that an Eastern Conference team has offered Coyotes Captain Shane Doan a 4-year deal worth more than 30 mill

A media guy, not one of those rumor guys.

153 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:Wow:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

NHL source just confirmed to me that an Eastern Conference team has offered Coyotes Captain Shane Doan a 4-year deal worth more than 30 mill

Eastern Conference eh? That offer would be over 7.5 million annually. I like Sugar Shane Doan but that just can't be true.

154 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:21 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leopold was quoted yesterday as saying he felt the money for Parise and Suter was too much and that this was a problem that needed to be fixed. They complain, yet they keep doing it. I guess they feel if they don't doll out the $$$, some other team will, which is very true. They are their own worst enemy.

I saw that clip of him talking about the signings, and in the same breath crying that it was too much money. Pretty hard to feel for the guy, or take his claims seriously when he spends that kind of money.

It's aggravating to hear this sort of talk from an owner. This is why there is a CBA, to control the uncontrollable. And it's not working. This balloon is going to burst again, and soon.

155 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Eastern Conference eh? That offer would be over 7.5 million annually. I like Sugar Shane Doan but that just can't be true.

The Rangers are in the Eastern Conference. It's believable.

156 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
Hoags wrote:Just change how the cap hit works IMO, if you're going to give a player 12M up front + salary, make the caphit for that year $14M or whatever it adds up to.

If teams want to screw themselves over let them, it's amusing to see Rangers, Canucks etc. get stuck in their respective long contracts.

That's the ticket.. have the cap hit the actual salary each year .. not the average yrly over the term of the contract.

157 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:24 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Would that be Toronto? or the Rangers?

158 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:27 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Doan talking with the Canucks, among others...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/07/10/shane_doan_free_agent_phoenix_coyotes_vancouver_canucks/

Whoever lands this cheap shot artist will be overpaying. I'm going to chuck a wobbly if it's the Sens.

159 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
How about a WACKY scenario where Ben Bishop is traded and Ottawa signs THE DOMINATOR Dom Hasek???!?!!?!!

160 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Ridiculous. What a stupid contract that would be.

161 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:How about a WACKY scenario where Ben Bishop is traded and Ottawa signs THE DOMINATOR Dom Hasek???!?!!?!!

So he can get injured and leave us high and dry again ?

162 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Some are speculating that it was the NYI (overpaying to reach the floor), which would explain why Doan didn't immediately sign on the dotted line.

163 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Some are speculating that it was the NYI (overpaying to reach the floor), which would explain why Doan didn't immediately sign on the dotted line.

4 years though? Until he's 39?

164 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

4 years though? Until he's 39?

I'm not suggesting that it's a good deal or anything. Just reporting what I saw.

165 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Makes sense. Sugar Shane would be a fool not to take that sweet, sweet cash otherwise.

166 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:39 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
$1.6M for Wellwood for another year in the Peg. Good deal if he can continue to produce.

167 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
He's a solid 3rd/4th liner at worst. You need guys like that. He's also one of the bets PKers apparently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum