You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

31FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
I thought there was some sort of rule where the salary from one year to the next couldn't be less than half the salary from the previous year?

32FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:09 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Riprock wrote:I thought there was some sort of rule where the salary from one year to the next couldn't be less than half the salary from the previous year?

Me too.

33FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Here's a blog post by the Team 1200 lawyer guy on the issue at hand:

http://offsidesportsblog.blogspot.ca/2012/07/parise-suter-contracts-circumvention-of.html

34FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Dreger says TBay are close to signing Matt Carle.

35FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The NHL has yet to approve those Wild deals... so it will remain to be seen... this could be the start of CBA negotiation madness... that breakdown certainly looks very very fishy...

36FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Done deal apparently.

37FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
Riprock wrote:I thought there was some sort of rule where the salary from one year to the next couldn't be less than half the salary from the previous year?

Me too.

shabbs wrote:The NHL has yet to approve those Wild deals... so it will remain to be seen... this could be the start of CBA negotiation madness... that breakdown certainly looks very very fishy...

Then I think they will have to be re-negotiated, because I thought that's what held up the Kovalchuk and/or Luongo deals.

38FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Tampa Bay is so close to Alaska!!!!!!

39FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
He's American, he can sign anywhere he wants. But I thought he'd go to NY, play with Dubinsky.

40FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Carle, TBay... done...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399944

41FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:13 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Carle is worth 33 mil eh... why did they have a lockout in 04/05?

42FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The spending today is insane...

Owners/GM's back in '04/'05: Spending is out of control! We need a cap!!!!

How's that working out for ya?

43FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:Carle is worth 33 mil eh... why did they have a lockout in 04/05?

Well without the Caps it would just be the Wings, Leafs, Rangers, Bruins etc. doing all the spending.

The rest of the teams would just be icing bare minimum rosters and pocketing the profits.

44FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Carle is a questionable as a top 4 D man. Seriously, he's a 5, 6 guy on a good team. Well, one less team the Sens have to worry about next year. Tampa just got worse.

45FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:Carle is a questionable as a top 4 D man. Seriously, he's a 5, 6 guy on a good team. Well, one less team the Sens have to worry about next year. Tampa just got worse.

Can't get much worse than last year.

46FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think he's a number 4 D-man, but that's a lot of loot for that kind of guy. More power to you, good luck...

But when Weber's ready for that long term contract, could he conceivably ask for 10 million per year? He's twice as good as Carle, why not?

47FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It was all started with Wideman, then shifted to an overpayment for Suter and all the while Carle is sitting there laughing. There's pretty much no one else....his payday was inevitable.

48FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:43 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Carle can be a #2 defenceman. I think TB is a good fit for him. Yeah, his contract is an overpayment, but that's free agency for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum