FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 pm

I think he's a number 4 D-man, but that's a lot of loot for that kind of guy. More power to you, good luck...

But when Weber's ready for that long term contract, could he conceivably ask for 10 million per year? He's twice as good as Carle, why not?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 pm

It was all started with Wideman, then shifted to an overpayment for Suter and all the while Carle is sitting there laughing. There's pretty much no one else....his payday was inevitable.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16501
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:43 am

Carle can be a #2 defenceman. I think TB is a good fit for him. Yeah, his contract is an overpayment, but that's free agency for you.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:28 am

So, now that the Parise/Suter sweepstakes are over... next up... Rick Nash and Bobby Ryan?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:31 am

Next up would be Semin I think...and Huselius and Doan.

Remaining free agents: http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:42 am

tim1_2 wrote:Next up would be Semin I think...and Huselius and Doan.

Remaining free agents: http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php
    Huet to the Leafs... e5.

Wink

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:06 am

Huselius is a player I have always liked but he's slowed down a bit. If you are looking for a guy to come in for a year (and to get over the cap floor) just to add some depth in the top 6 than he's probably a good option.

Wouldn't expect a ton but 15-20 goals and maybe 40 points playing with Turris or Spezza with some PP time. That's the kind of move I think Rooney and others were talking about.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 am

Huselius isn't even cleared to play yet I believe.

I think if we run a 23-man roster we'd be about $1M short of the current, it'll go down in the new CBA.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 am

I don't think that's what Rooney had in mind to be honest. I think he wants an impact winger a la Ryan, Nash, maybe Semin. That's what I would do if I were Murray - either something pretty big like that, or not at all and let the rookies fight for that last spot.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 am

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't think that's what Rooney had in mind to be honest. I think he wants an impact winger a la Ryan, Nash, maybe Semin. That's what I would do if I were Murray - either something pretty big like that, or not at all and let the rookies fight for that last spot.

Players like that aren't available except Nash or Ryan and it'd be a HUGE payment. You saw what they wanted for Nash, I don't want Lehner traded.

Right now there's a spot for Silfverberg (or whomever), if we acquire a top-6 with a long-term deal how are we supposed to give these prospects a real shot ?
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 am

Hoags wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:I don't think that's what Rooney had in mind to be honest. I think he wants an impact winger a la Ryan, Nash, maybe Semin. That's what I would do if I were Murray - either something pretty big like that, or not at all and let the rookies fight for that last spot.

Players like that aren't available except Nash or Ryan and it'd be a HUGE payment. You saw what they wanted for Nash, I don't want Lehner traded.

Right now there's a spot for Silfverberg (or whomever), if we acquire a top-6 with a long-term deal how are we supposed to give these prospects a real shot ?

I dunno, Silfverberg starts in the bottom 6 like he probably should anyway. Or pushes Latendresse to give 100% at all times.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:44 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
    I dunno, Silfverberg starts in the bottom 6 like he probably should anyway. Or pushes Latendresse to give 100% at all times.

They started him in the top-6 against NYR.

Plus our bottom-6 is beyond full.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:52 am

I may have been open to trading Lehner previously, but apparently he came into the prospect camp in great shape and with a great attitude. Maybe he's taken another step maturity-wise. He could be a top-5 goalie in the league in a few years, and I'd hate to part with that, plus other top-tier prospects. But you gotta give to get, or so they say.

At this point, if the Murrays are set on bringing in another top-6 forward (and I don't think they are "set" on that), I'd rather seem them over pay Semin on a short-to-mid term contract. Like $18M for 3 yrs, or $13M for 2. Semin may likely be looking for something really long-term though. He's had one two-year contract, and two one-year contracts.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:56 am

Hoags wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

They started him in the top-6 against NYR.

Plus our bottom-6 is beyond full.

Where he "starts" doesn't matter one Diddle. There will likely be lots of line shuffling in the first few games, depending on injuries and how certain guys fit in. Latendresse could wind up with Spezza.

Hard to make line predictions when the status of one Mr. The Alfie is still unknown.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:26 am

tim1_2 wrote:I may have been open to trading Lehner previously, but apparently he came into the prospect camp in great shape and with a great attitude. Maybe he's taken another step maturity-wise. He could be a top-5 goalie in the league in a few years, and I'd hate to part with that, plus other top-tier prospects. But you gotta give to get, or so they say.

At this point, if the Murrays are set on bringing in another top-6 forward (and I don't think they are "set" on that), I'd rather seem them over pay Semin on a short-to-mid term contract. Like $18M for 3 yrs, or $13M for 2. Semin may likely be looking for something really long-term though. He's had one two-year contract, and two one-year contracts.

I think he shut a lot of people up as well.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:37 am

tim1_2 wrote:I may have been open to trading Lehner previously, but apparently he came into the prospect camp in great shape and with a great attitude. Maybe he's taken another step maturity-wise. He could be a top-5 goalie in the league in a few years, and I'd hate to part with that, plus other top-tier prospects. But you gotta give to get, or so they say.

They were crazy to ever even consider trading Lehner. Sure, let's trade the 1 kid who could be the most important piece for this franchise. Sounds like a good idea. TwoThumbsUp!
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21017
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:50 am

I am hearing reports that the Sens are in on Semin and he will sign before the end of the week.

I have made up these reports in my head, though.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 am

Big Ev wrote:I am hearing reports that the Sens are in on Semin and he will sign before the end of the week.

I have made up these reports in my head, though.

I also do that as well and cite "my sources." They are usually right though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:23 pm