You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

946 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:42 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:Wonder if they factored in that eventually the Canadian dollar will drop.

They both know it and so does the rest of the world. NHLPA won't say it because it weakens their argument and the NHL won't say it because it will create uncertainty. The CDN is the white elephant in this along with the southern markets.

I disagree with this part since the our national debt levels and deficit is on a declining trend vs. the opposite trend in the US. I've been saying this for years now and I'm right, as usual.

I know the feeling.

947 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:43 am

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:Wonder if they factored in that eventually the Canadian dollar will drop.

They both know it and so does the rest of the world. NHLPA won't say it because it weakens their argument and the NHL won't say it because it will create uncertainty. The CDN is the white elephant in this along with the southern markets.

I disagree with this part since the our national debt levels and deficit is on a declining trend vs. the opposite trend in the US. I've been saying this for years now and I'm right, as usual.

I know the feeling.

Precisely.

948 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:43 am

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can contracts be signed after the CBA expires? I don't think so right? Essentially, no interaction between Owners/GMs and players.

949 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Can contracts be signed after the CBA expires? I don't think so right? Essentially, no interaction between Owners/GMs and players.

Precisely.

950 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:51 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:Can contracts be signed after the CBA expires? I don't think so right? Essentially, no interaction between Owners/GMs and players.

None. If this doesn't get solved soon it will get messy. Pre-season isn't a huge deal for anyone really and I am not sure the revenue generated by teams offsets the general expenses all that much during this time so if games get cancelled so what? Players don't really play in pre-season anyways.

They aren't at the 11th hour yet but it's 10:30 for sure. Still a couple weeks before people start jumping off some bridges but as of right now it doesn't look good. Players look like idiots in a cult and the NHL and Bettman look like morons and greedier than ever.

951 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:53 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Via DBG... hilarious "I'm gonna lock you out" video...



Don't call this a rollback...

952 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
How come Gary "Peewee" Bettman is wearing a "wife beater?"

953 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:20 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Do contracts slide during a lockout or does it take a year off a players earnings?

954 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:26 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:Do contracts slide during a lockout or does it take a year off a players earnings?

Takes a year off. Alfie will be a UFA if we lose a season.

955 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NEELY wrote:Do contracts slide during a lockout or does it take a year off a players earnings?
No sliding.

Jagr will be a UFA again if they miss an entire year.

956 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Do contracts slide during a lockout or does it take a year off a players earnings?

Takes a year off. Alfie will be a UFA if we lose a season.
Damn... Alfie too... maybe we'll see an extension signed today...

Gonchar and Lundin will be UFAs too if a year is wiped out.

957 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:34 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Oh, if there's a lockout Alfi is done. Probably the worst part of all this IMO, the guy has been a warrior on and off the ice for the city and fans. If this is how he goes out then Ottawa and it's fans should make their voice heard.

Biggest reason they won't get a cent of my money. They being the NHL and the Sens as an organization.

958 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:49 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:Oh, if there's a lockout Alfi is done. Probably the worst part of all this IMO, the guy has been a warrior on and off the ice for the city and fans. If this is how he goes out then Ottawa and it's fans should make their voice heard.

Biggest reason they won't get a cent of my money. They being the NHL and the Sens as an organization.

Our voice doesn't matter, never has.

I don't even think Melnyk's voice matters much, as it seems the big owners are the ones driving the bus(Jacobs, Dolan etc.) Melnyk would save quite a few $$$ if Bettman gets the salary cuts he wants.

As for Alfie, I doubt both sides are dumb enough to lose a whole season. So far it's all been huffing and puffing. The NBA/NFL lockouts were just as ugly and they worked it out. This isn't like the last lockout.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
If the owners are reasonable and the players are smart, this should resolved with the players taking the NHL offer with the condition that existing contracts are honored.

Players like Heatley don't honor contracts either. As long as it's legal either side will do what they want.

959 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:I hope cooler heads prevail because hockey is the greatest game in the world and it sucks that greed is killing it. Make no mistake, a lockout will kill the game for good, at least in the form of the NHL.

I don't agree that a lockout will "kill the game for good", but it sure isn't going to help matters any. If we lose an entire season again, it'll certainly be the final nail in the coffin for at least a couple of the struggling teams.

I should have said if the lockout lasts the season, yah. The thing I don't understand is EVERYONE knows the problem is there are too many teams and they are in markets that have no chance of succeeding... it's in no ones best interest for those teams to fold though but that might be the outcome.

Common sense is not being practiced on the NHLPA side in the least right now.

The thinking must be that without some of those markets represented they could not have gotten a national deal with NBC.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

960 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:At some point they will lose more in salary than due to Bettman's offer.

I hope they're not stupid enough to hold out for less money.

If the owners are reasonable and the players are smart, this should resolved with the players taking the NHL offer with the condition that existing contracts are honored.

It's a wonder we've had *any* games at all over the last 20 years.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

961 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:23 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:I hope cooler heads prevail because hockey is the greatest game in the world and it sucks that greed is killing it. Make no mistake, a lockout will kill the game for good, at least in the form of the NHL.

I don't agree that a lockout will "kill the game for good", but it sure isn't going to help matters any. If we lose an entire season again, it'll certainly be the final nail in the coffin for at least a couple of the struggling teams.

I should have said if the lockout lasts the season, yah. The thing I don't understand is EVERYONE knows the problem is there are too many teams and they are in markets that have no chance of succeeding... it's in no ones best interest for those teams to fold though but that might be the outcome.

Common sense is not being practiced on the NHLPA side in the least right now.

The thinking must be that without some of those markets represented they could not have gotten a national deal with NBC.

All you need is New York, LA, and Chicago and you are good to go. That's it. Either way their time is almost done.

962 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
I was reading the coverage on the NBA and NFL lockout and it was the same Dung that we are seeing now.

Neither side has any real incentive to put their best offer on the table nor to put any serious effort in resolving the dispute until real money is lost and settling the dispute costs less than continuing to lose money and sit out.

If teams and players were to somehow lose massive amounts of money if the season doesn't start on time, we'd never have a lockout.

963 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:Wonder if they factored in that eventually the Canadian dollar will drop.

They both know it and so does the rest of the world. NHLPA won't say it because it weakens their argument and the NHL won't say it because it will create uncertainty. The CDN is the white elephant in this along with the southern markets.

I disagree with this part since the our national debt levels and deficit is on a declining trend vs. the opposite trend in the US. I've been saying this for years now and I'm right, as usual.

What about this?

Canadian debt loads rise to highest level in 8 years


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum