General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16317
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:37 pm

I thought Heatbag's NTC was voided after agreeing to one trade. Anyway, this is not good for the Isles or Lubo.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54403
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Riprock wrote:"Lubomir Visnovsky has filed a grievance through the NHLPA to void his trade to #Isles, claiming his no-trade clause is still valid."

Ruh roh

Another happy member of the Islanders.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 pm

tim1_2 wrote:I thought Heatbag's NTC was voided after agreeing to one trade. Anyway, this is not good for the Isles or Lubo.
    The team taking on the player can agree to honour the NTC, and this is usually what happens as the player will only waive his NTC under those conditions.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:32 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/why-the-san-jose-sharks-traded-dany-heatley-for-martin-havlat?urn=nhl,wp8568

Wilson said on Sunday night that Heatley had a "window" in his no-trade clause open recently that turned it into a limited no-trade clause, with Heatley submitting a list of 10 teams to which he could not be traded

SJ was still bound by his NMC.

My understanding is the only time a team has the option of honouring an NTC/NMC is if they acquire a player before the NTC/NMC kicks in.
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5005
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post by hemlock on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:44 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401268

Byfuglien convicted of careless boating. (Is that different than drunken boating?)

The judge gave him hard time with a big 2 day sentence of picking up garbage. Buff's agent felt that his community service (remember, we are talking about 2 whole days here!) should be served in some sort of hockey related capacity, but the judge refused, saying that Buff would be treated like anyone else. Everyone else gets a suspended sentence which reduces their actual time to 1/15th of the sentence, and a fine which equates to roughly 1/5200th of their yearly salary. Allegedly.
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5005
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post by hemlock on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:45 pm

spader wrote:
    Riprock wrote:"Lubomir Visnovsky has filed a grievance through the NHLPA to void his trade to #Isles, claiming his no-trade clause is still valid."

Ruh roh

Not good. If the trade isn't voided, how can he show up in the dressing room after this?

I am sure Nabokov can give him some pointers.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Preds-Flyers talking trade in the wake of the Weber offer sheet?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/07/23/philadelphia_flyers_nashville_predators_shea_weber_trade_talks/

Not a lot of options here but perhaps a trade of picks after if the Preds "agree" to not match...
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:02 pm

#HockeyPlayerSexPositions is trending in Canada on Twitter lol

Two funny ones I have seen that deserve mentioning:

The Luongo - going deeper and deeper till she chokes

and...

The Luongo: Having someone else finish

Last edited by Riprock on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54403
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Laugh1 Good old Luongo.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:09 pm

oops, a word got cut off at the end of the second one, now it makes sense Facepalm
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Some gold nuggets in there...

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23HockeyPlayerSexPositions

"Two Girls No Cup -The Sedin Brothers"
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:19 pm

heh, here's my attempt:

#HockeyPlayerSexPositions The Dion Phaneuf - having your turn after Avery's already had his way with her #sloppyseconds
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47936

Post by wprager on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Visnovsky files grievance with the NHLPA claiming that his trade to the Islanders violated his NTC, which he had waived to escape from Edmonton to Anaheim.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/lubomir-visnovsky-looking-void-trade-islanders-files-grievance-164713249--nhl.html

his agent wrote:"It's not about Lubo saying he doesn't want to go to the Isles. He likes what they say. This is about establishing what's right."

Umm, yeah. Right.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:15 pm

wprager wrote:Visnovsky files grievance with the NHLPA claiming that his trade to the Islanders violated his NTC, which he had waived to escape from Edmonton to Anaheim.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/lubomir-visnovsky-looking-void-trade-islanders-files-grievance-164713249--nhl.html

his agent wrote:"It's not about Lubo saying he doesn't want to go to the Isles. He likes what they say. This is about establishing what's right."

Umm, yeah. Right.
    Union is afraid of a precedent being set. I'm sure the NHLPA is pushing this.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Dany Heatley to Pittsburgh? Apparently the offer was Dupuis, Martin + 1st but Minnesota wants "more than what Columbus got for Nash", but the counter was Kennedy instead of Dupuis...

this all from NHLSS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 pm