General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 pm

I say "Channel One Cup" and you post that? Are you playing some kind of visual word association game?

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16256
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 am

67s lost 9-0 to Niagara last night. Doh.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:36 am

tim1_2 wrote:67s lost 9-0 to Niagara last night. Doh.

Lee Versage must be sobbing in the fetal position.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:42 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:67s lost 9-0 to Niagara last night. Doh.

Lee Versage must be sobbing in the fetal position.

Maybe his voice will get even more high pitched and annoying.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:01 pm

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/06/bad-santa-insults-three-year-old

A wise-cracking bad Santa is now on the unemployment line after the jolly old elf insulted a three-year-old who was first in line to visit him Wednesday.

Mary Trent says she was shocked by the behaviour of the Lowes Toronto Christmas Market Santa Claus as her son approached him. After Santa arrived a half hour late for his appearance, he proceeded to insult the boys red plaid coat.

The first thing he tells my son is, Oh, you look like Paul Bunyan,' she said. Really? Is that appropriate?

Then he said, Oh, youre wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs tuque, you shouldnt be wearing that, they suck. At that point, I took my son and told him we should go, Santa isnt being very good today.

Wow a real-life Bad Santa

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:22 pm

The weird part of this story is that the mom was offended when Santa said the kid looked like Paul Bunyan. Because apparently that's offensive? She's a dummy, and she should be fired, not poor Santa.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 pm

He shouldn't make comments about a sports team like that though, it's not really the time or place.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:He shouldn't make comments about a sports team like that though, it's not really the time or place.

ThisJustIn!

Welcome to Canada, though. The real problem with the entire thing is that you just shouldn't use the word "sucks" in front of a little kid. And the Mom is apparently some sort of anti-Paul Bunyan weirdo.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Yah well that's how the Mom got started in the process of making that kid so she should just suck it up.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:06 pm

tim1_2 wrote:The weird part of this story is that the mom was offended when Santa said the kid looked like Paul Bunyan. Because apparently that's offensive? She's a dummy, and she should be fired, not poor Santa.

Precisely.

A worse story I read was about a mall Santa being a prick to a little girl because they didn't buy a 20$ picture.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:08 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:The weird part of this story is that the mom was offended when Santa said the kid looked like Paul Bunyan. Because apparently that's offensive? She's a dummy, and she should be fired, not poor Santa.

Precisely.

A worse story I read was about a mall Santa being a prick to a little girl because they didn't buy a 20$ picture.

It was probably Upshall.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:15 pm

NEELY wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Precisely.

It was probably Upshall.
    Suck it Phaneuf!!!
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:18 pm

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 3187
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

Post by sandysensfan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Just saw a quick highlight.. but boy did Huberdeau lose his cool in his last game.

Abuse of official... plus other penalties. The linesman crawled into the penalty box on his hands and knees... Don't know if he was just winded or injured...

Got a 4 game suspension.. Not enough in my opinion...
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:36 am

Katz asks to appear before Edmonton City Council...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411392

So now he wants to appear... hope he has supporting evidence to ask for more money this time.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:44 am

Pretty ballsy by Katz considering he and the owners have taken away hockey from the city of Edmonton. If I was CC I would tell him to go f*** himself.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:12 am

He's got some smoothing over to do...
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 am

Gary Bettman was named NHL commissioner 20 years ago today... interesting legacy he has... a mix of good and bad. He certainly made the owners a lot of money by increasing the revenues of the NHL significantly. But he also has three lockouts under his belt and the Phoenix Coyotes disaster.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:11 am