» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » NHL CBA Talk

NHL CBA Talk

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

511NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:07 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:What John Shannon said on HC@Noon today was that 60 players were present and voted unanimously to not present the offer.

To me.. that is just plain stupid. All the NHLPA is doing is delaying the entire process. This has been going on for months.

Not that I believe anything he writes... but Eklund says he heard it went something like 55% share next season, then down to 52% then down to 50% -- don't know about the years, etc.. but they figure with the average growth in the NHL of 7% (hello... that won't happen now or going forward) the players could still retain the same $$$ they have now.

That would be ideal... and maybe something the Owners would look at... but if Eklund says it... it won't be true.

512NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:04 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Smugness...

NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Daly-top_64974

513NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Smugness...

NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Daly-top_64974
He actually looks a lot like your avatar, without the mohawk.

514NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:10 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bite your tongue!!!!!

515NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:36 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
LOL

516NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Via Michael Russo: #nhl announcement on schedule expected today

https://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/253884248661053440

Here we go...

517NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:06 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Games up until Oct 24th have been officially cancelled.

NHL.com

518NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:15 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Boom goes the dynamite.

519NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A total of 82 games are being cancelled.

Funny how the number is "82". Was that intentional?

Subtle jab by the NHL?

520NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
If only negotiations went like this:

521NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder when the drop date date is to squeeze in a full 82-game season? That's gotta be approaching soon... at this point, we have not permanently lost these games as they can still get an 82 game season.

But soon enough, the games lost will mean a shortened season... moving towards a cancelled season...

522NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:I wonder when the drop date date is to squeeze in a full 82-game season? That's gotta be approaching soon... at this point, we have not permanently lost these games as they can still get an 82 game season.

But soon enough, the games lost will mean a shortened season... moving towards a cancelled season...

I believe it's Nov. 6th.

523NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fehr on his podium again:

Don Fehr: "The decision to cancel the start of the NHL season is the unilateral choice of the NHL owners. If the owners truly cared about the game and the fans, they would lift the lockout and allow the season to begin on time while negotiations continue. A lockout should be the last resort in bargaining, not the strategy of first resort."

Fehr: "For nearly 20 years, the owners have elected to lock-out the players in an effort to secure massive concessions. Nevertheless, the players remain committed to playing hockey while the parties work to reach a deal that is fair for both sides. We hope we will soon have a willing negotiating partner," added Fehr.

Via BooBoo.

524NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bettman should ask Fehr to sign a guarantee they won't strike if he lifts the lockout. Would love to see that.

525NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Bettman should ask Fehr to sign a guarantee they won't strike if he lifts the lockout. Would love to see that.

I think the players are happy with the status quo and would happily sign such a guarantee.

I can't say I disagree with this, in particular: "A lockout should be the last resort in bargaining, not the strategy of first resort."

526NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Bettman should ask Fehr to sign a guarantee they won't strike if he lifts the lockout. Would love to see that.

I think the players are happy with the status quo and would happily sign such a guarantee.

I can't say I disagree with this, in particular: "A lockout should be the last resort in bargaining, not the strategy of first resort."
Agreed. But it would be against Fehr's nature to agree to remove that piece of leverage.

527NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Fehr could have started negotiating earlier than June, he then took a month before coming up with his first proposal or "alternative vision".

And now he is complaining about the lockout ? The NHL wanted to start back in November.

528NHL CBA Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Craig Custance: The vitriol towards Gary Bettman among players is really heightened. Said one: "We'll stay united just to knock the smirk off his face."

Wow. Fan impact has no bearing. This is personal and money driven.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum