You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

61 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:41 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
sandysensfan wrote:Before the lockout -- at the beginning of the sessions if not before... Fehr told his players to prepare for 2 yrs out.
Do you have a link to an article that indicates that? I've never seen that called out.

62 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Before the lockout -- at the beginning of the sessions if not before... Fehr told his players to prepare for 2 yrs out.
Do you have a link to an article that indicates that? I've never seen that called out.

I think it's entirely possible that Fehr had been telling them for the past 2 years that they better be prepared for a lock-out.

Prudent planning really. With Bettman's track record it's a foregone conclusion. It's like telling people to buy an umbrella because the weather is calling for rain.

Pretty obvious really. Can I get paid for stating the obvious?

63 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:58 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In the last lockout, the owners made it clear they were prepared to sit out a full two years to get what they wanted. I've not see anything that quotes Fehr as saying to the players to be prepared for a 2-year lockout. I'm sure he's been saying for the past two years, there will be a lockout. We all saw that coming. But that's very different.

The closest think I've seen about the players putting a length on it is Ovechkin saying in an interview he's prepared to stay in Russia for the entire season if he has to.

64 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:Irritating is right. This whole thing is stupid.
Indeed. That Daly interview really pissed me off. Much more than I expected. He seemed so flippant and smug. Refusing to recognize how stupid it is for these owners to be signing massive contracts one day and then complaining about how much they spend the next. And the massive frenzy that happened before the expiry... so two faced.

It's clear what they want. They want the cap to drop and stay low no matter how well the league is doing. This will encourage investors so they can... wait for it... expand even further!!!!!

Facepalm

65 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:In the last lockout, the owners made it clear they were prepared to sit out a full two years to get what they wanted. I've not see anything that quotes Fehr as saying to the players to be prepared for a 2-year lockout. I'm sure he's been saying for the past two years, there will be a lockout. We all saw that coming. But that's very different.

The closest think I've seen about the players putting a length on it is Ovechkin saying in an interview he's prepared to stay in Russia for the entire season if he has to.

I agree which is why I think the term two years out refers to how long Fehr has been speaking about getting prepared for a lock-out and not referring to the potential length of a lock-out. Just my opinion though.

- Unknown Author

66 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:
Indeed. That Daly interview really pissed me off. Much more than I expected. He seemed so flippant and smug. Refusing to recognize how stupid it is for these owners to be signing massive contracts one day and then complaining about how much they spend the next. And the massive frenzy that happened before the expiry... so two faced.

It's clear what they want. They want the cap to drop and stay low no matter how well the league is doing. This will encourage investors so they can... wait for it... expand even further!!!!!

Facepalm

In all fairness he can't say "they're idiots and they are the reason we are in this mess". Everyone knows it, I don't think you have to come out saying it. Only a totally ignorant a$$hole would suggest otherwise. Owners falts, players problem.

I'll just say this, if Daly was the man in charge I think there would be labour peace, at least more so than there is now.

67 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:

Facepalm

Like I've been trying to say all along. Owners greed and owners fault.

- Unknown Author

68 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Facepalm

Like I've been trying to say all along. Owners greed and owners fault, players problem.

there ya go.

69 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:26 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:

Facepalm

What's amusing is that if this ends up getting resolved, I bet it's because Daly and Fehr's brother sit down and hammer it out, not Count Chocula and Don Fehr.

70 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:39 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah... the #2's will sort it out...

71 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Facepalm

Like I've been trying to say all along. Owners greed and owners fault, players problem.

there ya go.

Not just the players problem right now. It's all the associated businesses and employees that suffer because of these bunghole owners.

- Unknown Author

72 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 pm

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

73 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:55 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Lindros is the biggest POS to ever play the game of hockey. Never a more self indulged piece of trash to lace up skates. I would actually have loved to been one of the guys that gave him a concussion.

Funny, I never figured Lindros for a douchebag. Oh well.

I was at the game where he tried to kill Dackell. I'll never give him the time of day. DB, for sure.

74 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:04 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Not to minimize the impact of anyone losing his/her job, but this was known to be coming for quite a while and, sorry, it's a hell of a lot easier to find a replacement job when you're selling tickets, collecting parking fees, doing some other administrative duties than it is in some other fields. High tech, for instance, when the going is good, anyone can get a job; then it's not, everything is against you:
- you're too old
- you're too experienced
- you don't have specific experience we want
- you're probably overqualified so we're not going to give you a chance to leave at the first opportunity
- you don't know our product; we'd prefer to promote from within
- you're not currently employed so there must be something wrong with you

75 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:26 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NHL and NHLPA have talks scheduled for tomorrow... if we look back at the last lockout, I think it took 3 months for them to talk again once the players were locked out... so a positive sign at least...

76 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:Not to minimize the impact of anyone losing his/her job, but this was known to be coming for quite a while and, sorry, it's a hell of a lot easier to find a replacement job when you're selling tickets, collecting parking fees, doing some other administrative duties than it is in some other fields. High tech, for instance, when the going is good, anyone can get a job; then it's not, everything is against you:
- you're too old
- you're too experienced
- you don't have specific experience we want
- you're probably overqualified so we're not going to give you a chance to leave at the first opportunity
- you don't know our product; we'd prefer to promote from within
- you're not currently employed so there must be something wrong with you

The Sens did give their staff a month's notice that this would happen if there was a lockout, so they at least had a chance to line something else up.

77 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:29 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:NHL and NHLPA have talks scheduled for tomorrow... if we look back at the last lockout, I think it took 3 months for them to talk again once the players were locked out... so a positive sign at least...

I still don't think this is going to be as long or as bad as people are saying. It's all crying foul, threatening this, saying that, "it's unfair to us", so on and on. Same thing happened in the NFL.

I would bet they play an 82 game schedule which I am fine with even if they start a little late.

78 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:06 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:
It seems to come down to pure greed by the owners. I don't care if the rev sharing percentages are out of line with the rest of the leagues, profits are way up, revenue is way up... everything is up!
Irritating.

Yes it is pure greed on the owners. Or as Neely puts it Jacobs and Snider want to line their pockets some more.

The Name Dropper on Team 1200 used the Predators as an example of a franchise that wants the season to start as they feel they're close to finally breaking even and establishing themselves in their market.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum