NHL CBA Talk

    Share

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by NEELY on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:04 am

    I just want an answer one way or another, I don't care if it's game on or game over, I just want to know because what they are doing to the fans right now is wrong.

    Cancel the season or start it up.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by NEELY on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:04 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Hoags wrote:Technically they're not very far apart at all. I think it's about egos at this point.

    It's been egos from the start. I thought from the start that 50-50 with guarantees on existing contracts should have been good for both sides and that's already on the table. Less reason than ever right now for this dispute to continue.

    I think everyone thought that, not sure there is a person who didn't.

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24789
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 am

    NEELY wrote:I just want an answer one way or another, I don't care if it's game on or game over, I just want to know because what they are doing to the fans right now is wrong.

    Cancel the season or start it up.

    Are you going to buy an official "Game On" t-shirt if it's "game on?"

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by NEELY on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:33 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    NEELY wrote:I just want an answer one way or another, I don't care if it's game on or game over, I just want to know because what they are doing to the fans right now is wrong.

    Cancel the season or start it up.

    Are you going to buy an official "Game On" t-shirt if it's "game on?"

    The official "hanging by a thread" s-shirt! Limited quantities!
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49248
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by wprager on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:35 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Hoags wrote:Technically they're not very far apart at all. I think it's about egos at this point.

    It's been egos from the start. I thought from the start that 50-50 with guarantees on existing contracts should have been good for both sides and that's already on the table. Less reason than ever right now for this dispute to continue.

    I think 50/50 with any guarantees on existing contracts means all those whose contracts are in the last year are screwed royally. Even if HRR goes up by 5% the cap ceiling is around $58M. Two teams are already $10M over.

    Some notable free agents in 2013:

    Perry
    Getzlaf
    Horton
    Hartnell
    Iginla
    Clowe
    Fisher
    Alfie


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24789
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 am

    NEELY wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    NEELY wrote:I just want an answer one way or another, I don't care if it's game on or game over, I just want to know because what they are doing to the fans right now is wrong.

    Cancel the season or start it up.

    Are you going to buy an official "Game On" t-shirt if it's "game on?"

    The official "hanging by a thread" s-shirt! Limited quantities!

    Seriously though, didn't those douchebags make "Game On" shirts after Cussing fans out of a season of hockey last time?
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9236
    Age : 41
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by Hoags on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    It's been egos from the start. I thought from the start that 50-50 with guarantees on existing contracts should have been good for both sides and that's already on the table. Less reason than ever right now for this dispute to continue.

    You can't have 50/50 and guarantee contracts at the same. It'd have to be a stepwise reduction from 57% to 50% but the NHL wants immediate cuts and Fehr doesn't want the players to get less (so if league revenues drop the players still get their money).


    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by NEELY on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    NEELY wrote:I just want an answer one way or another, I don't care if it's game on or game over, I just want to know because what they are doing to the fans right now is wrong.

    Cancel the season or start it up.

    Are you going to buy an official "Game On" t-shirt if it's "game on?"

    The official "hanging by a thread" s-shirt! Limited quantities!

    Seriously though, didn't those douchebags make "Game On" shirts after Cussing fans out of a season of hockey last time?

    They did. If I knew anyone with a key to Scotia Bank Place I would climb up to those rafters, take down the "thank you fans" banner, drive to Toronto, put it infront of the NHL offices and pile dog Dung all over it. That's the dream.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24789
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:55 am

    Hoags wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    It's been egos from the start. I thought from the start that 50-50 with guarantees on existing contracts should have been good for both sides and that's already on the table. Less reason than ever right now for this dispute to continue.

    You can't have 50/50 and guarantee contracts at the same. It'd have to be a stepwise reduction from 57% to 50% but the NHL wants immediate cuts and Fehr doesn't want the players to get less (so if league revenues drop the players still get their money).


    It wouldn't be a true 50-50 until all existing contracts expire, obviously. I don't expect the players to go to 50-50 overnight either.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24789
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:57 am

    NEELY wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    NEELY wrote:I just want an answer one way or another, I don't care if it's game on or game over, I just want to know because what they are doing to the fans right now is wrong.

    Cancel the season or start it up.

    Are you going to buy an official "Game On" t-shirt if it's "game on?"

    The official "hanging by a thread" s-shirt! Limited quantities!

    Seriously though, didn't those douchebags make "Game On" shirts after Cussing fans out of a season of hockey last time?

    They did. If I knew anyone with a key to Scotia Bank Place I would climb up to those rafters, take down the "thank you fans" banner, drive to Toronto, put it infront of the NHL offices and pile dog Dung all over it. That's the dream.

    I'll buy lunch. Egg salad sammiches, bran muffins and black coffee.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24789
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 pm

    Kostshytsyn speaks:

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407902


    Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by NEELY on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:51 pm

    I wouldn't be disappointed if the NHL had no Russians or anything from the old USSR (aside from Latvia).
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by shabbs on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:Kostshytsyn speaks:

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407902
    Heh.

    Sergei would not mind a whole season wiped out...

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lockout/2012/10/22/nashville_predators_sergei_kostitsyn_lockout

    Jeez.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by shabbs on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:29 pm

    Via Rob Rossi:

    Cooke, Adams expressed doubts next week would differ from this week. Meaning #lockout would be still on. #penstalk #NHL

    Feeling among some players is 11/2 is deadline to get deal done to play 82 games -- not deadline to start playing. #nhlpa #penstalk

    Nothings ever "final" and deadlines are never "firm"... we shall see...
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49248
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by wprager on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:45 pm

    Guys are delusional.

    At least the Russian players have the NHL as a fallback position. The Swedes have the SEL. I just don't understand what's fueling the Canuck and US players. With a small number of exceptions these guys have nowhere to go.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24789
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

    wprager wrote:Guys are delusional.

    At least the Russian players have the NHL as a fallback position. The Swedes have the SEL. I just don't understand what's fueling the Canuck and US players. With a small number of exceptions these guys have nowhere to go.

    I wouldn't worry. Rob "Nobody" Rossi is about as relevant as Gino "Useless" Reda.

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 66
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by sandysensfan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 pm

    IF they let this greed about the division of revenues result in a lost season.. then that 3.2 Billion they had last season could drop significantly when they do start up.

    This lockout is all about money. Fans will not stand for a long lockout or a lost season. They will have had enough.

    They will lose more revenue they will never get back... They want to earn money.. well get this settled and get back to playing.

    Prove to us fans (both sides) that you really care about what we think.. and how the fans are the game. Without us you have no NHL.

    Stop the posturing, propoganda and whatever. Get this done and get back on the ice.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:15 pm

    I really wouldn't get my hopes up Sandy, I really wouldn't. It doesn't look good at all. If it was gonna end, last week was the perfect time for it to wrap up neatly.

    Sponsored content

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:42 pm