You are not connected. Please login or register

CFL in Ottawa

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 CFL in Ottawa on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So that guy who designed the Sens third jersey launched a campaign to name the Ottawa CFl team the "Highlanders".

https://www.facebook.com/OttawaHighlanders2014

I wouldn't go to a CFL game if you paid me, but I still don't like this brand. What are your thoughts?

2 Re: CFL in Ottawa on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How about the Ottawa HopefullyWeAreHereLongerThanLastTimes?

Heh heh.

3 Re: CFL in Ottawa on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:So that guy who designed the Sens third jersey launched a campaign to name the Ottawa CFl team the "Highlanders".

I wouldn't go to a CFL game if you paid me, but I still don't like this brand. What are your thoughts?

I like the sentiment behind it and the graphics are cool but "Highlanders" applies to so many regiments across Canada and throughout the Commonwealth that it hardly screams "Ottawa."

4 Re: CFL in Ottawa on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:32 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I like it. I doubt I'll ever spend money to watch them pay, though, but the logo is not half-way bad. It *may* not appeal to the atheists among us, though Smile

5 Re: CFL in Ottawa on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:41 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Highlanders is pretty weak....but then again, so is the CFL, so I guess it's fine.

6 Re: CFL in Ottawa on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:45 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
The Toyota Highlander:

The Hollywood Highlanders:

7 Re: CFL in Ottawa on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
This is as good as anything else. I don't think people really care.

One thing that always made the CFL seem like a big joke to me was that we had two teams called the Roughriders. I mean, really? You have 7 teams in the league, and two of them need to share a name? It was absolutely ridiculous.

The "Renegades" was a bad name.

8 Re: CFL in Ottawa on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ottawa Fighting Montageese

9 Re: CFL in Ottawa on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:01 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
What is a GeeGee, anyway?

Sponsored content