You are not connected. Please login or register

» Other Sports Talk » Football - Euro and NA » Irish get blown out in BCS title game by Alabama... Manti Te'o's "girlfriend" a hoax

Irish get blown out in BCS title game by Alabama... Manti Te'o's "girlfriend" a hoax

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

NEELY

Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:The BCS computer system loved them. Their favourable schedule helped them for sure. They were better than they showed last night. Not sure what happened. Maybe they lost focus over the holidays. They had more missed tackles in the first quarter last night than their entire season. They were like a deer caught in headlights.

Perhaps staying an Independent was not a wise choice with their football program. Would be nice to see them in the ACC Division.

The SEC is so strong though. So many good teams there.

Purdue, Pitt, BYU... awful teams that they barely beat at home. Stanford actually beat them but their TD wasn't allowed, Michigan turned the ball over 6 times and beat themselves, USC was an absolute joke this year, and Oklahoma was a good win but looking back at it is less impressive now than it was then because of how badly the Sooners were beat by the Agies. Oh, and they played 8 of 12 games at home, the one in Ireland is basically a home game and they played frigging Navy.

Notre Dame was a pretender all year long, simple as that. They were not better than last night showed because if they played that game in Alabama it would have been worse. If they play it in Indiana at home it's the same outcome.

Oregon was the obvious choice looking back at things to be playing in that game but hey, they lost to Stanford at home, a game they should have indeed won. They pounded K State who was there right until they lost to Baylor.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Also, after watching what Texas A&M and Miss St did to the Oklahoma and Pitt respectively anyone who didn't see this coming was just totally blind to reality.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
And yes, not being in an actual conference kills ND... playing the Big 10 as much as they do also hurts them because that's the most overrated conference in college football. WOuld have been criminal if Ohio State played ND in that game and if the Buckeyes were eligible that's what would have happened.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh Manti, say it ain't so... for shame...

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

Shocking. Disappointing. Embarrassing.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
That's messed up. In other news he's dropping like rock in the draft, like the Irish he was never as good as he seemed. The Notre Dame Smoke and Mirrors.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
WTH...that's crazy.....

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

Manti says........

This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
That's just insane.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hopefully there's more to this... but it ain't looking good....

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Hopefully there's more to this... but it ain't looking good....

I actually hope there isn't more to this. It can only get crazier.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Isn't it the playoffs right now in your beloved American foozeball?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
This Manti fellow...did he help perpetrate the fake girlfriend, or was he just a sucker?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tim1_2 wrote:This Manti fellow...did he help perpetrate the fake girlfriend, or was he just a sucker?
That's the question. ND and Manti say he was a victim of the hoax, but Deadspin thinks he was in on it.

What's to gain from it though? Trying to boost his story? Help his Heisman run? More glory for ND? Meh.

Mind boggling to say the least. May explain his performance in the National Title game... he knew it was all going to come out...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Manti is saying he found out about the hoax on Dec. 6th but kept it under wraps so it would not be a distraction to the team... told ND officials on Dec. 26th...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/18/manti-teo-nfl-yeah-i-lied-notre-dame-hoax

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It now seems the voice on the other end of the phone with Manti was not a woman... but a man!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/manti-te-os-girlfriend-mastermind-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-posing-164411936--ncaaf.html

It is being suggested that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was the "mastermind" behind the hoax and also the voice...

That really puts the MAN in Manti I guess. Hey-O. I burned my own team. Oh well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum