GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » NHL CBA Talk

NHL CBA Talk

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

271NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
That's just their job (the media). We are the ones who have to ignore it, if you choose to.

272NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:34 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Podium being put back?

Grange: In the absence of news: #NHL has brought back podium after tearing down earlier. Press conference for #NHL only? Side by side? Intrigue!

https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/status/276514305497784321

273NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
@NHLPodium is getting mad followers right now

274NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames
Source: "Not looking great" after latest talks tonight between owners, players.

275NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Guy Serota, the podium, this lockout has been the best! Who needs the actual game?!

276NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Owners are back from dinner... CBA talks expected to start up again shortly.

Let's hope it's a long meeting. The TSN panel shot down my hopes with a note that talks have taken on a different feel. Not as warm and fuzzy as before.

They had better not break off talks. No matter who is at fault.. that will severely piss off the fans.

The media hypes these meetings so much... maybe they should be silent until this is all over.

What else exactly are they going to do ? Laugh1

Wha tyou should do is do like me, not really give a damn until a deal is reached Smile

277NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Steve Fehr came out and brought pizza to the media! THIS IS RIVETING Dung!

278NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
How could Stevie come out and offer pizza with a big smile on his face if things weren't going well?

279NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:19 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Well, apparently the two main issues now are player contract length (owners want a 5 year max, unless resigning a free agent, then 7 year max), and CBA length (owners proposed 10 year CBA with opt out clause after 8 years).

From a player perspective, I'm sure the vast majority of them would be willing to settle on the max contract length...maybe up it to 6 years (or 8 for resigning a free agent)? It's probably only about 5% max of the players who actually end up with deals longer than 5 years.

The CBA length should pretty much be a non-issue, and negotiable.

If these really are the two sticking points now, you gotta think we're no more than a few days away from an agreement. This is good.

Talks resume this afternoon.

280NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There's a deal to be had here. They are so close now. The contract details and CBA length will be sticking points, but I'm sure they can find common ground. A 10 year CBA sounds good, but players may not like getting locked in for so long.

281NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Pierre just said on TGOR that he is 50/50 after having spoken to some players. He also had some interesting math:

(paraphrasing)

OK, hold up three fingers in front of your face. Let's say you have a secret that you tell one of your friends. And then he tells someone else. So how many fingers do you see now? A hundred and eleven. You see what I'm saying, don't you? Like I was saying to last night while having dinner with him and his lovely wife who, by the way ...

OK, I may have made the last sentence up. A little. I had to turn off the radio before he finished. So, probably 50/50 that he actually said that.

282NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:49 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:There's a deal to be had here. They are so close now. The contract details and CBA length will be sticking points, but I'm sure they can find common ground. A 10 year CBA sounds good, but players may not like getting locked in for so long.

Make Whole fund has been bumped up to $300m from $211m. 10 Year CBA would be the best thing in a long time for the real owners, the FANS!!!

283NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, the Make Whole issue seems to be settled with the owners coming up to $300M. Where was this a month or two ago? The CBA length and contract details are all that remain it seems... I can't see this not getting done in the next 7-10 days.

284NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:03 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm not sure if the "Make whole" thing is actually settled with the owners bump up to $300M (which met the players halfway). Hopefully it is…I just saw all over Twitter this morning from "reporters" that the two issues left were contract length and CBA length. Not sure if the players actually accepted the $300M make whole - with $50M of that going to pensions or something? I didn't bother understanding that part.

Anyways, I would bet money on a deal being reached, tentatively at least, within 10 days.

285NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure if the "Make whole" thing is actually settled with the owners bump up to $300M (which met the players halfway). Hopefully it is…I just saw all over Twitter this morning from "reporters" that the two issues left were contract length and CBA length. Not sure if the players actually accepted the $300M make whole - with $50M of that going to pensions or something? I didn't bother understanding that part.

Anyways, I would bet money on a deal being reached, tentatively at least, within 10 days.

Darren Dreger seems to think the make whole is still contentious from the players perspective. Not sure when a deal will happen but I am sure the puck will drop on Boxing Day.

details to follow

286NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:23 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Puck drop Jan. 1st. A new year, a new CBA... it all makes sense.

Wink

287NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wonder if the NHL will try to get the Winter Classic back. I know they "cancelled" it, but I also always figured they'd bring it back if time allowed.

288NHL CBA Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Update on where we stand...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8718146/nhl-players-union-exchange-proposals-sources-say

It seems the Union is not happy with the "format" of the meetings...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum