You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

946 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:04 pm

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Via Helene Elliott:

"Start of talks btween NHL, PA delayed"

https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/status/286266889922031616

Seems the NHL is holding things up...

947 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:10 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Via Helene Elliott:

"Start of talks btween NHL, PA delayed"

https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/status/286266889922031616

Seems the NHL is holding things up...

We never did see the PA's counter offer, eh?

948 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:15 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, nice of you to finally show up. Cooking a tenderloin roast here, could really have used a tip. Seen 325, 350, 425 and 450 as cooking temperatures. If it comes out wrong I blame you. Dammit!
Once the weather gets better, I recommend the Reverse Finney Method for preparing your tenderloin roast. Works best on a Green Egg, but I have used it on a Gas grill and it works pretty well. BEST MEAT EVER!!!!!!!

What's a Reverse Finney? Sounds like a figure skating move.

P.S. All meat was eaten. I think this is our new New Year's Day meal.

949 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:57 pm

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Via Helene Elliott:

"Start of talks btween NHL, PA delayed"

https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/status/286266889922031616

Seems the NHL is holding things up...

We never did see the PA's counter offer, eh?
No, it was kept pretty tight. But the word was it was only a series of tweaks. Nothing major.

950 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:07 pm

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Meeting is on now. Seems an issue in the Pension has surfaced. HRR seems to be almost a done deal.

951 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I still think Fehr will disclaim interest for more leverage.

Eric Macramalla ‏@EricOnSportsLaw
So if the sides are close to a deal, don't expect the NHLPA to disclaim interest by Jan 2 deadline; but if deal not close expect disclaimer

Eric Macramalla ‏@EricOnSportsLaw
On bad faith disclaimer issue - Fehr may have said sides are close - however Bettman has said they have been far apart - so may help PA

Eric Macramalla ‏@EricOnSportsLaw
If Fehr dissolves NHLPA it may not be re-formed and may stay trade association - this may not be same as NBPA and NFLPA



Last edited by Hoags on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

952 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, nice of you to finally show up. Cooking a tenderloin roast here, could really have used a tip. Seen 325, 350, 425 and 450 as cooking temperatures. If it comes out wrong I blame you. Dammit!
Once the weather gets better, I recommend the Reverse Finney Method for preparing your tenderloin roast. Works best on a Green Egg, but I have used it on a Gas grill and it works pretty well. BEST MEAT EVER!!!!!!!

What's a Reverse Finney? Sounds like a figure skating move.

P.S. All meat was eaten. I think this is our new New Year's Day meal.
http://www.ironpigbbq.com/Reverse-Sear.html

It's a reverse sear method, called the Finney method. Fantastic. Since your post I have been craving a tenderloin roast, no stores open today DAMN!!!!!!

953 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:34 pm

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Via Renaud:

"The NHL put a counter-offer on the table. 2 possibilities tonight. NHLPA meet internally after to revise it. Or they negotiate for few hours "

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/286296763340574721

954 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:34 pm

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
Well according to that guy called HockeyyInsiderr -- his sources say the deal is 95% done. A lot accomplished in small meetings today.

Now I certainly don't believe that. He is the only one I have heard of that claims that.. and I would certainly think he doesn't have the sources the other media members do. He also goes on to quote the following:

Here are the CBA details that the NHL and NHLPA have already agreed upon:
•$300M make whole amount, with no salary rollbacks and 50-50 HRR split
•Maximum contract length at 6 years
•Salary cap at $70.2M this season, goes down to $63.5M next season, but teams have option to buy out 1 player before season starts with no cap impact
•No re-entry waivers
•Extended Christmas break for players
•Duration of new CBA 10 years, with both NHL and NHLPA having the option of opting out after 8.

The main issue remaining is the players wanting to put a cap on the escrow amount. The league hopes to having this solved by moving up from their previous offer of $60M cap for 2013-14 to $63.5M but the players want either cap on escrow or $67M cap for 2013-14.


Now no one knows what was in the NHLPA's offer.. so why would this guy?

I'm not on twitter but I do read it once and a while....

955 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:37 pm

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:Via Renaud:

"The NHL put a counter-offer on the table. 2 possibilities tonight. NHLPA meet internally after to revise it. Or they negotiate for few hours "

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/286296763340574721

Well at least they didn't walk away from the NHLPA offer. That's a positive.. But we also don't know if they are having any traction on getting this done...

956 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:28 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, nice of you to finally show up. Cooking a tenderloin roast here, could really have used a tip. Seen 325, 350, 425 and 450 as cooking temperatures. If it comes out wrong I blame you. Dammit!
Once the weather gets better, I recommend the Reverse Finney Method for preparing your tenderloin roast. Works best on a Green Egg, but I have used it on a Gas grill and it works pretty well. BEST MEAT EVER!!!!!!!

What's a Reverse Finney? Sounds like a figure skating move.

P.S. All meat was eaten. I think this is our new New Year's Day meal.
http://www.ironpigbbq.com/Reverse-Sear.html

It's a reverse sear method, called the Finney method. Fantastic. Since your post I have been craving a tenderloin roast, no stores open today DAMN!!!!!!

Tenderloin keeps very well in freezer. The one we had tonight I had bought before Thanksgiving. Gotta go for the sales, because impulse buying will get you $40/kg (I had bought mine for $19).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

957 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:43 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
sandysensfan wrote:Well according to that guy called HockeyyInsiderr -- his sources say the deal is 95% done. A lot accomplished in small meetings today.

Now I certainly don't believe that. He is the only one I have heard of that claims that.. and I would certainly think he doesn't have the sources the other media members do. He also goes on to quote the following:

Here are the CBA details that the NHL and NHLPA have already agreed upon:
•$300M make whole amount, with no salary rollbacks and 50-50 HRR split
•Maximum contract length at 6 years
•Salary cap at $70.2M this season, goes down to $63.5M next season, but teams have option to buy out 1 player before season starts with no cap impact
•No re-entry waivers
•Extended Christmas break for players
•Duration of new CBA 10 years, with both NHL and NHLPA having the option of opting out after 8.

The main issue remaining is the players wanting to put a cap on the escrow amount. The league hopes to having this solved by moving up from their previous offer of $60M cap for 2013-14 to $63.5M but the players want either cap on escrow or $67M cap for 2013-14.


Now no one knows what was in the NHLPA's offer.. so why would this guy?

I'm not on twitter but I do read it once and a while....

@hockeyyinsiderr:
http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/08/14/hockeyyinsiderr-meltdowns-and-the-demand-for-instant-news/

He's claimed to be a few things, including Alexandre Daigle. Personally, I think he is a teenager who has a relative (father, uncle?) who works for the Habs, so once in a while he hears (or, more likely, sees) some things that are actually "insider" stuff.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

958 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:30 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
More back and forth last night. NHL gave a counter to the NHLPAs counter... NHLPA currently reviewing it.

Gotta think they are very close to a deal now.

I bet there's a deal by the end of the week.

959 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:50 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Via BooBoo:

"League and NHLPA expected to meet today for the third straight day. Disclaimer has to be filed by 11:59 pm but union can get extension. "

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/286468153804992513

960 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:52 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Via Sylvain St-Laurent:

"Jason Spezza leaves Switzerland, confident he will play in the NHL this winter. #Sens"

https://twitter.com/Syl_St_Laurent/status/286467423425679360

Start the return of the players...

961 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 am

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Via Sylvain St-Laurent:

"Jason Spezza leaves Switzerland, confident he will play in the NHL this winter. #Sens"

https://twitter.com/Syl_St_Laurent/status/286467423425679360

Start the return of the players...

Spengler Cup Champion, Jason Spezza? Or a different Jason Spezza?

962 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:32 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This Jason Spezza:


963 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 am

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:This Jason Spezza:



I just got a new computer... What do you think was the first youtube video I played?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum