You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 14]

151 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 am

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, I like it. Will make more trades possible with "ugly" contracts. More math for the capologists...

152 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
With Burke axed by the Buds and Bettman likely taking over the NBA with Stern retires do we have a new Commish-in-waiting?

153 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Thingamajigger has been ratified by NHL Board of Governors...now back to the Burke talk!

154 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:11 pm

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

155 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:57 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
What I don't get is this: the BOG ratified the CBA by Wednesday afternoon, but the players vote will take place electronically on Friday and Saturday? THe voting by the BOG did not change the wording. Why couldn't they vote in parallel those idiots! And electronic voting takes all of 10 minutes, not two days. I've done an online draft -- 12 teams, 10 rounds, and we were done in one evening. How long does it take to fire up the laptop, login and click "Yes"? Are they going alphabetically one after another? Are they all flying in to a single location where there is the special terminal with a blue and red button? WTH?

We could have had camp opening up on Friday (open to the public with the elementary school teachers on strike) and had a 50 game season.

Morons to the end, all of them.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

156 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:10 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Jesus Prags, they are dealing with 700+ players that need to vote, and at least a few of them will want to understand the details of the agreement before voting. I find the current situation entirely reasonable, with the players getting 48 hours to vote on Friday and Saturday.

You did an online draft with 12 friends, and you are comparing that to 700 players voting on a ridiculously complicated CBA.

157 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:16 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Jesus Prags, they are dealing with 700+ players that need to vote, and at least a few of them will want to understand the details of the agreement before voting. I find the current situation entirely reasonable, with the players getting 48 hours to vote on Friday and Saturday.

You did an online draft with 12 friends, and you are comparing that to 700 players voting on a ridiculously complicated CBA.

Each player only has to vote once. They don't need to vote one after another. They can vote in the privacy of their own home. The deal was settled on Sunday. They've been working on an MOU for a couple of days. The BOG read it and voted on it. The players have had the exact same amount of time, yet they are going to be voting Friday-Satruday while the BOG voted on Wednesday. And the players keep telling us how Fehr keeps them well-informed, and how they have complete trust in him and so on. All they had to do is read the Coles Notes on Tuesday, then vote on Wednesday, just like the owners did. They don't need every single player to form quorum; whatever the number of votes they need for one side or the other, as soon as they got those votes they are, essentially done. This delay was not necessary and has cost them all 2 games. There was a w ay to have a 50 game season but they chose not to do so. The owners certainly wanted 50, they would not have come up with a schedule proposal otherwise. So did the fans, or at least I assume they did. Who was the one french fry in the bag of onion rings? Fehr.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

158 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:22 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The NHLPA is also dealing with players scattered all over the world trying to get back to North America. Anyway, I don't really care as it doesn't matter at this point - I just find your stance ridiculous.

159 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:24 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One of the issues was that the NHLPA wanted the deal on paper, to make sure everything they agreed to was indeed reflected accurately before they did anything. I think that added some time too. After the "switch" the NHL pulled before with wording, I'm not surprised. With players all over the globe, some still playing and some travelling etc... they need time for all 700+ to be able to be ready to vote. It's the Union way my friend...

160 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:48 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:One of the issues was that the NHLPA wanted the deal on paper, to make sure everything they agreed to was indeed reflected accurately before they did anything. I think that added some time too. After the "switch" the NHL pulled before with wording, I'm not surprised. With players all over the globe, some still playing and some travelling etc... they need time for all 700+ to be able to be ready to vote. It's the Union way my friend...


If they needed something like 60% then 450 yes votes would have been enough. Or whatever the actual math is. Could have been done if they wanted it. They clearly didn't care about 2 more games.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

161 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:One of the issues was that the NHLPA wanted the deal on paper, to make sure everything they agreed to was indeed reflected accurately before they did anything. I think that added some time too. After the "switch" the NHL pulled before with wording, I'm not surprised. With players all over the globe, some still playing and some travelling etc... they need time for all 700+ to be able to be ready to vote. It's the Union way my friend...


If they needed something like 60% then 450 yes votes would have been enough. Or whatever the actual math is. Could have been done if they wanted it. They clearly didn't care about 2 more games.
I don't know if the inner workings for the Union's policies would have allowed for a partial vote even if it had enough to pass but was not complete. From my wife's dealings with the Union at her work, this is par for the course. All for one and one for all! Wink

162 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 am

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:One of the issues was that the NHLPA wanted the deal on paper, to make sure everything they agreed to was indeed reflected accurately before they did anything. I think that added some time too. After the "switch" the NHL pulled before with wording, I'm not surprised. With players all over the globe, some still playing and some travelling etc... they need time for all 700+ to be able to be ready to vote. It's the Union way my friend...


If they needed something like 60% then 450 yes votes would have been enough. Or whatever the actual math is. Could have been done if they wanted it. They clearly didn't care about 2 more games.
I don't know if the inner workings for the Union's policies would have allowed for a partial vote even if it had enough to pass but was not complete. From my wife's dealings with the Union at her work, this is par for the course. All for one and one for all! Wink

More evidence that Buzz Hargrove and possibly Bob White are running the show, along with The Big E.

163 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:58 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Via Michael Russo:

"NHLPA expected to ratify CBA in 5 minutes. Memo of Understanding isn't signed yet, but I'm hearing that is expected this morning"

https://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/290079672010694657

164 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 am

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Via Michael Russo:

"NHLPA expected to ratify CBA in 5 minutes. Memo of Understanding isn't signed yet, but I'm hearing that is expected this morning"

https://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/290079672010694657

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

165 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:21 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LeBrun:

"NHL and NHLPA still "hammering away" at CBA MOU at this hour... League isn't open for business officially until MOU is completed.."

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/290084840538243073

166 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:30 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bobby Mac:

"NHLPA concluded ratification vote at 8 am ET. Awaiting results. Lockout not over (no sked, trades, signings) until MOU is completed/signed."

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/290087938035953664

167 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:00 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Via NHLPA:

"Per agreement with the NHL, we will announce results of player vote later today. Discussions to finalize the MOU continue this morning."

https://twitter.com/NHLPA/status/290108615858221056

Via Eric Macramalla:

"Answer to question: memorandum of understanding will later be converted into CBA - so no new CBA just yet - that could take month"

https://twitter.com/EricOnSportsLaw/status/290110057788633088

Much like the last lockout. MOU came first, CBA was completed later based on the MOU.

168 Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:22 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have a feeling this MOU is gonna take all day...

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum