NHL CBA Talk

    Share

    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by shabbs on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:14 pm

    He's guessing. It's signed when it's signed. And then 2 hours later... DEALS ARE ON!!!!!

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47955
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by wprager on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:20 pm

    NEELY wrote:Eric Cole obviously voted no, I would like to know who the other 11 bunghole are.


    Kovalchuk and Visnovski could be two others. Redden? There are some who would benefit.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47955
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by wprager on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:27 pm

    The MOU has been signed.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by shabbs on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:28 pm

    WOOHOO!!!!
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by shabbs on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:30 pm

    Bobby Mac: NHL Lockout: Sept. 15, 2012 - Jan. 12, 2013. Now over. Officially. MOU signed by NHL and NHLPA.

    https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/290298844313423872
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by shabbs on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:32 pm

    RELEASE THE SCHEDULES!!!!!!!

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 65
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by sandysensfan on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:48 pm

    shabbs wrote:Bobby Mac: NHL Lockout: Sept. 15, 2012 - Jan. 12, 2013. Now over. Officially. MOU signed by NHL and NHLPA.

    https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/290298844313423872

    Bob MacKenzie is the best....
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9235
    Age : 40
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by Hoags on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 pm

    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by shabbs on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 pm

    No Leafs on the end of a back to back game. Heh heh. We play them 5 times tho.
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9235
    Age : 40
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by Hoags on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:12 pm

    Now give me some trades ! (and signings)

    Starts at midnight (nothing will happen though like the deadline)
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by shabbs on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:15 pm

    Hoags wrote:Now give me some trades ! (and signings)

    Starts at midnight (nothing will happen though like the deadline)
    Will Luongo be a Leaf by morning?

    :crossarms: Sarcasm Ahhhhh!
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47955
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by wprager on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 am

    Luongo's tweet:

    Strombone ‏@strombone1 wrote:

    Guys I've just been dealt........... POCKET ACES! #latenightpoker



    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47955
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by wprager on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:23 am

    Some interesting points from the new CBA. I've heard most of them, but there are some "new" ones, for me at least, like each team has to schedule 6-8 games. That's a bit of extra revenue there.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/10-interesting-highlights-nhl-cba-054912422--nhl.html

    Also, players on their second contract are entitled to their own hotel room. I hope that extra cost is included in the calculations of HRR.

    More random drug testing.

    Longer intermissions (from 17 to 18 minutes; and here I was thinking it was 15) with max 5-minutes for on-ice activities; this is to improve ice conditions.

    If asked, teams must agree to at least one international game over the course of the CBA.



    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 am

    wprager wrote:Some interesting points from the new CBA. I've heard most of them, but there are some "new" ones, for me at least, like each team has to schedule 6-8 games. That's a bit of extra revenue there.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/10-interesting-highlights-nhl-cba-054912422--nhl.html

    Also, players on their second contract are entitled to their own hotel room. I hope that extra cost is included in the calculations of HRR.

    More random drug testing.

    Longer intermissions (from 17 to 18 minutes; and here I was thinking it was 15) with max 5-minutes for on-ice activities; this is to improve ice conditions.

    If asked, teams must agree to at least one international game over the course of the CBA.


    Probably not. It's revenue, not profit.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47955
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by wprager on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:36 am

    There are lots of things that are taken off the top line when calculating HRR. Usually as a percentage of some sort. That's why the owners were "crying" because some costs had risen dramatically (cost of fuel drives travel expenses, for example).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:38 am

    wprager wrote:There are lots of things that are taken off the top line when calculating HRR. Usually as a percentage of some sort. That's why the owners were "crying" because some costs had risen dramatically (cost of fuel drives travel expenses, for example).

    Ok. Didn't know they did it that way.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:12 am

    shabbs wrote:
    Hoags wrote:Now give me some trades ! (and signings)

    Starts at midnight (nothing will happen though like the deadline)
    Will Luongo be a Leaf by morning?

    :crossarms: Sarcasm Ahhhhh!

    Trending: #Nonnis
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by shabbs on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:28 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    Hoags wrote:Now give me some trades ! (and signings)

    Starts at midnight (nothing will happen though like the deadline)
    Will Luongo be a Leaf by morning?

    :crossarms: Sarcasm Ahhhhh!

    Trending: #Nonnis
    Heh heh.

    Mmmmmm biscotti.

    Sponsored content

    Re: NHL CBA Talk

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:24 am