General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47494
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 am

RDS negotiated a deal with the KHL. They will show 8 games in January, plus the All Star Game. Gotta be better than what I've seen so far of the Spengler Cup. And I get RDS in HD. Bonus.

Provisional schedule of games to be shown in January 2013:
    Jan. 6 CSKA vs Traktor
    Jan. 8 Lev vs Metallurg Mg
    Jan. 10 CSKA vs Metallurg Mg
    Jan. 16 - Avangard vs CSKA
    Jan. 22 - Dynamo Moscow vs SKA
    Jan. 26 - Dynamo Moscow vs Traktor
    Jan. 28 - Dynamo Moscow vs Metallurg Mg
    Jan. 30 SKA vs Metallurg Mg

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16149
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:57 am

wprager wrote:RDS negotiated a deal with the KHL. They will show 8 games in January, plus the All Star Game. Gotta be better than what I've seen so far of the Spengler Cup. And I get RDS in HD. Bonus.

Provisional schedule of games to be shown in January 2013:
    Jan. 6 CSKA vs Traktor
    Jan. 8 Lev vs Metallurg Mg
    Jan. 10 CSKA vs Metallurg Mg
    Jan. 16 - Avangard vs CSKA
    Jan. 22 - Dynamo Moscow vs SKA
    Jan. 26 - Dynamo Moscow vs Traktor
    Jan. 28 - Dynamo Moscow vs Metallurg Mg
    Jan. 30 SKA vs Metallurg Mg

I wonder if they still will broadcast the KHL games when the NHL is back? Probably different timeslots anyway.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Won't have to worry until the 22nd. If ever.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:16 am

How bad is that Wideman signing in Calgary now lol
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:07 am

NEELY wrote:How bad is that Wideman signing in Calgary now lol

You think he's a candidate for a compliance buyout? He'll have 4 years left after this season. He shoots right Smile

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 am

Absolutely not lol. Calgary is stuck with him
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 am

NEELY wrote:Absolutely not lol. Calgary is stuck with him

I take it that's a no to bringing him in; but is he a candidate for a compliance buyout?

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:19 am

No way, looks awful if you buy a guy before he even plays a game.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 am

NEELY wrote:No way, looks awful if you buy a guy before he even plays a game.

I don't think compliance buyouts will be done until the off-season. The salary cap for this year is still $70M+ (pro-rated, of course).

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 am

Maybe if he totally blows but otherwise don't think so.

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 3187
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

Post by sandysensfan on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:56 pm

wprager wrote:

I don't think compliance buyouts will be done until the off-season. The salary cap for this year is still $70M+ (pro-rated, of course).

From what TSN is stating.. compliance buyouts will start after this season.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 pm

sandysensfan wrote:
    wprager wrote:

From what TSN is stating.. compliance buyouts will start after this season.

Yeah, it makes no sense to do it earlier -- there is no need for it from a cap compliance point of view, plus it give the player an opportunity to make a case for himself as a tradeable commodity (maybe not in all cases -- e.g. Redden, Gomez).

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12730
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Just realized The luongo story will rule the news for the next little while... Oh no! Facepalm
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Yep. TSN has already been all over the Luongo story. Apparently it'll be the Leafs or the Panthers.

Apparently the Leaf package would be Bozak + prospect + pick. I imagine it'd have to be a fairly substantial prospect and a 1st rounder, but what do I know.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54103
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:18 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Yep. TSN has already been all over the Luongo story. Apparently it'll be the Leafs or the Panthers.

Apparently the Leaf package would be Bozak + prospect + pick. I imagine it'd have to be a fairly substantial prospect and a 1st rounder, but what do I know.

Pfft, that's no good unless it's like you say, a nice prospect like Kadri (who I don't like) and a high pick - 2nd at the least.

And I insist the Panthers don't need Luongo and would only get into their own issues when Markstrom is ready. It would be like Ottawa acquiring Luongo right now, it doesn't make much sense.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12730
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Yep. TSN has already been all over the Luongo story. Apparently it'll be the Leafs or the Panthers.

Pfft, that's no good unless it's like you say, a nice prospect like Kadri (who I don't like) and a high pick - 2nd at the least.

And I insist the Panthers don't need Luongo and would only get into their own issues when Markstrom is ready. It would be like Ottawa acquiring Luongo right now, it doesn't make much sense.
    I mean i'm already sick of hearing about these trade rumours but I have to agree, it doesn't make much sense for florida to acquire him.

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 3187
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

Post by sandysensfan on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

I would expect the Canucks to want a roster player, prospect + a 1st round pick... They may not get it.. but then again.. in a short push to the end of the season it wouldn't hurt them to keep Luongo and trade him next off-season. Then the Flyers may buyout Brzygalov and try for Luongo.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 am

Yeah, it wouldn't HURT to keep Luongo, but I think the Canucks would be better served by trading him. Schneider can carry that team just fine, and the return for Luongo might finally be the thing that puts them over the top.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:07 am