You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 66]

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yep. TSN has already been all over the Luongo story. Apparently it'll be the Leafs or the Panthers.

Apparently the Leaf package would be Bozak + prospect + pick. I imagine it'd have to be a fairly substantial prospect and a 1st rounder, but what do I know.

Pfft, that's no good unless it's like you say, a nice prospect like Kadri (who I don't like) and a high pick - 2nd at the least.

And I insist the Panthers don't need Luongo and would only get into their own issues when Markstrom is ready. It would be like Ottawa acquiring Luongo right now, it doesn't make much sense.
I mean i'm already sick of hearing about these trade rumours but I have to agree, it doesn't make much sense for florida to acquire him.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yep. TSN has already been all over the Luongo story. Apparently it'll be the Leafs or the Panthers.

Apparently the Leaf package would be Bozak + prospect + pick. I imagine it'd have to be a fairly substantial prospect and a 1st rounder, but what do I know.

Pfft, that's no good unless it's like you say, a nice prospect like Kadri (who I don't like) and a high pick - 2nd at the least.

And I insist the Panthers don't need Luongo and would only get into their own issues when Markstrom is ready. It would be like Ottawa acquiring Luongo right now, it doesn't make much sense.

I would expect the Canucks to want a roster player, prospect + a 1st round pick... They may not get it.. but then again.. in a short push to the end of the season it wouldn't hurt them to keep Luongo and trade him next off-season. Then the Flyers may buyout Brzygalov and try for Luongo.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, it wouldn't HURT to keep Luongo, but I think the Canucks would be better served by trading him. Schneider can carry that team just fine, and the return for Luongo might finally be the thing that puts them over the top.

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore
If I'm Vancouver I would want to move Luongo as quickly as possible, it'll be a circus with both Schneider and Luongo there. On the other hand, if one of them gets injured, you still have a great back up?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NHL EXPECTS TENTATIVE PUCK DROP DATE ON JAN. 19

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412970

Camps to open somewhere between Saturday and Monday.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:NHL EXPECTS TENTATIVE PUCK DROP DATE ON JAN. 19

On my wife's birthday. Happy Birthday...TO ME, SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:

Buzz Hargrove and The Big E still have time to derail this whole thing. Keep your fingers crossed.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Luongo creating a frenzy on Twitter saying Toronto is part of the equation and that he's given Gillis the green light to do whatever he needs.

Here we go.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412970

Camps to open somewhere between Saturday and Monday.

I think the puck drop should be very definite.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Visnovsky staying on in the KHL:

"I have decided to stay and continue my career in the KHL for the remainder of the 2012-13 season..."

If there's one, there will be more.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Buzz Hargrove and The Big E still have time to derail this whole thing. Keep your fingers crossed.

Do either of these 2 have anything to do with the negotiations? If Fehr accepted it... the players will follow. They believed in him..

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Mac chimes in:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie wrote:

NHL says it's been assured KHL won't let players with valid NHL deals play in KHL. Guess that "assurance" will be put to test. #visnovsky

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
sandysensfan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Do either of these 2 have anything to do with the negotiations? If Fehr accepted it... the players will follow. They believed in him..

Sandy, let me introduce you to SSF and his most popular memes:

#1 Tonight???! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!
#2 Melnyk is a cheapskate
#3 Buzz and Big E running the show

He has a special signature with a sarcastic smiley done in invisible ink.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Visnovsky staying on in the KHL:

"I have decided to stay and continue my career in the KHL for the remainder of the 2012-13 season..."

I figured that would happen. I wonder who else will jump ship. I'm sure it's an attractive option for the older European players in particular.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:

I figured that would happen. I wonder who else will jump ship. I'm sure it's an attractive option for the older European players in particular.
I guess he really doesn't want to play for the isles eh?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

He said flat out he would never play for the Isles. So this isn't a big surprise.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Wonder if they'll grieve it?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
They gave up a 2nd for nothing, so something's gonna have to happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum