General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Vancouver is still a cup contender. I have no idea who's on top of the standings right now (rarely watches them) but from the 2 games I saw they still look very good.
    Right there with Chicago and St-Louis. Sharks, probably lose in the West finals kind of thing Laugh1

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16317
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:14 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm not gonna lie. #allfaties is the best thing I've EVER seen on twitter.

Yeah, I saw this story a little earlier and had a good giggle. This guy is s-m-r-t.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:21 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm not gonna lie. #allfaties is the best thing I've EVER seen on twitter.
    Better than #assmode?

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 pm

If NYR and LA miss the playoffs, how good are Columbus' picks going to be? haha, WOW. Rebuild done in one swoop.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54404
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Agreed.

That said I think Columbus has done a very impressive job getting their roster competitive. The Nash trade was very good, despite what people think. Dubinsky wants to win, Anisimov is talented, Erixon I don't like + the pick.

Foligno appeared to be a good addition, but he hasn't done much. Nice basis on the back end though. If one of their goaltenders catches fire, they're in good shape IMO.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Columbus is going to be built the right way, a good base like any other decent organization. Hopefully they don't move over to the East.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Apparently Loktionov wants a trade out of LA(like Bernier. They ate stacked at centre.

http://mayorsmanor.com/?p=9641
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 pm

NEELY wrote:Columbus is going to be built the right way, a good base like any other decent organization. Hopefully they don't move over to the East.

Why? Regardless of the recent decent additions, this is still a forward corps made up of mostly bottom 6 players. Their defense is improving, but weak, and their goaltending is subpar. I hope they move to the east so the Sens can feast.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Hoags wrote:Apparently Loktionov wants a trade out of LA(like Bernier. They ate stacked at centre.

I read that too.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:49 pm

spader wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Columbus is going to be built the right way, a good base like any other decent organization. Hopefully they don't move over to the East.

Why? Regardless of the recent decent additions, this is still a forward corps made up of mostly bottom 6 players. Their defense is improving, but weak, and their goaltending is subpar. I hope they move to the east so the Sens can feast.

They are still building their team the right way and Davidson is now in charge. It's going to be an organization on the rise.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:50 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    Hoags wrote:Apparently Loktionov wants a trade out of LA(like Bernier. They ate stacked at centre.

I read that too.

If Spezza is out it might be a decent move to get a center that is somewhat NHL ready. Wouldn't give up a lot but he might fill a need... that said Da Costa probably fills that need as well and doesn't cost an asset.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 pm

NEELY wrote:
    spader wrote:

They are still building their team the right way and Davidson is now in charge. It's going to be an organization on the rise.

Ha. I guess. It's hard to fall off the bottom.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Toronto did it.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:02 pm

NEELY wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

I read that too.

If Spezza is out it might be a decent move to get a center that is somewhat NHL ready. Wouldn't give up a lot but he might fill a need... that said Da Costa probably fills that need as well and doesn't cost an asset.

Yeah, same player basically. Da Costa might get the shot of a lifetime to be a 2C behind Turris. Is he ready? We'll see I guess.

EDIT: The problem is Da Costa can't look 'pretty good' out there, he has to put up points. Probably too much pressure for someone with limited NHL experience, this might have to come via trade - which sucks.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Don't think you make a trade until you see what you have. Maybe Zibanejad comes to Ottawa and is good enough to carry the 2nd line.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Bobby Mac has Seth Jones at the top of the list...

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Hawks finally lose. Wild beat them 3-2 in a shootout.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 am

Luongo with the shutout last night vs the Avs. Just adding to the goalie controversy...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:43 am