You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star


Rip the band-aid off folks - Corey Perry is done with the Anaheim Ducks. It's time to let him go.

As Robby pointed out in his Faceoff Fest recap, Perry left before the event ended, leaving fans who have waited hours to see him, in the lurch. I do agree with his assessment of pictures with Perry are moments of uncomfortable silence, to say the least. I used to chalk it up to his aloof personality and being socially awkward. And I do still believe that about but only about pre-Hart Trophy Perry. Now, he's just kind of a Richard and not just on the ice.

Here's the part that bugs me so much, he seems ungrateful. Ungrateful to the organization that drafted him when the scouts said he was a risky pick. Ungrateful to the team he won a Stanley Cup with. Ungrateful he's been a part of one of the best scoring tandems since Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne. Ungrateful for fans (and the organization) who went berserk cheering for him on to the Hart Trophy and Rocket Richard.

I noticed during training camp, Getzlaf hung around Teemu almost the entire time. Where usually he and Perry are talking non-stop, next to each other in drills, running each other into the glass, etc. Not this time. Perry skated by himself, didn't talk to anyone. Teemu was leading stretching and Perry just got up and left the group to shoot pucks. The stretching ending a couple minutes later. This is probably just me or did anyone else see when he was getting 'the business' from Vancouver in Anaheim, no one rushed to step in to protect the star?

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2013/1/31/3937262/anaheim-ducks-corey-perry-free-agent-trade

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Not sure how much I believe from that... is it even a legit new source or someones opinion?

NEELY


Mod
Mod
How average is Shea Weber without Suter? Guy has yet to record a point and can't move the puck to save his life. Amazing Karlsson was considered not even in his league last year by some... would trade Karlsson for Weber and anything else Nashville could possibly add on.

There is an obvious top 3 D men in the NHL now and it goes Karlsson, Peitrangelo, and Chara. That's it.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Hoags wrote:


Rip the band-aid off folks - Corey Perry is done with the Anaheim Ducks. It's time to let him go.

As Robby pointed out in his Faceoff Fest recap, Perry left before the event ended, leaving fans who have waited hours to see him, in the lurch. I do agree with his assessment of pictures with Perry are moments of uncomfortable silence, to say the least. I used to chalk it up to his aloof personality and being socially awkward. And I do still believe that about but only about pre-Hart Trophy Perry. Now, he's just kind of a Richard and not just on the ice.

Here's the part that bugs me so much, he seems ungrateful. Ungrateful to the organization that drafted him when the scouts said he was a risky pick. Ungrateful to the team he won a Stanley Cup with. Ungrateful he's been a part of one of the best scoring tandems since Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne. Ungrateful for fans (and the organization) who went berserk cheering for him on to the Hart Trophy and Rocket Richard.

I noticed during training camp, Getzlaf hung around Teemu almost the entire time. Where usually he and Perry are talking non-stop, next to each other in drills, running each other into the glass, etc. Not this time. Perry skated by himself, didn't talk to anyone. Teemu was leading stretching and Perry just got up and left the group to shoot pucks. The stretching ending a couple minutes later. This is probably just me or did anyone else see when he was getting 'the business' from Vancouver in Anaheim, no one rushed to step in to protect the star?

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2013/1/31/3937262/anaheim-ducks-corey-perry-free-agent-trade

Locker room cancer. Pass. Daugavins is much better for the chemistry. So what if he scores 40 fewer goals.

ETA: Sarcasm but only a bit. The opinion expressed in that quoted piece is something I had suspected. Never met him, but the way he carries himself doesn't really scream "leadership, great influence in the room". Who knows, we may have enough of that in the room to cover for his apparent lack of it. On the other hand I am also a little concerned that we'd have Karlsson, Silfverberg, Zibanejad all sitting together in one corner, talking in Swedish.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Halak on the IR:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415179

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mirtle: Coyotes have recalled defenceman David Rundblad.

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/298268748845023232

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:How average is Shea Weber without Suter? Guy has yet to record a point and can't move the puck to save his life. Amazing Karlsson was considered not even in his league last year by some... would trade Karlsson for Weber and anything else Nashville could possibly add on.

There is an obvious top 3 D men in the NHL now and it goes Karlsson, Peitrangelo, and Chara. That's it.
Amazing...can't believe he doesn't have a point.

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Suter is 0G 4A 4P and a -6 as well.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Re: the perry blog up there, I don't give a Diddle if the guy is a Richard or whatever. Like any player though, he might just need a fresh start somewhere else, and the organization didn't draft him since none of that team is actually there anymore (Murrays) This team needs scoring. I'd even take Ovechkin for christ sakes.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Ev wrote:Re: the perry blog up there, I don't give a Diddle if the guy is a Richard or whatever. Like any player though, he might just need a fresh start somewhere else, and the organization didn't draft him since none of that team is actually there anymore (Murrays) This team needs scoring. I'd even take Ovechkin for christ sakes.

Team needs scoring, Ovechkin doesn't solve that... not unless you give him a whole mess of PED's again.

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rags send Rupp to Minny...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415226

"The New York Rangers have traded veteran forward Mike Rupp to the Minnesota Wild for forwards Darroll Powe and Nick Palmieri."

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Rags send Rupp to Minny...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415226

"The New York Rangers have traded veteran forward Mike Rupp to the Minnesota Wild for forwards Darroll Powe and Nick Palmieri."


Huh...Rupp is pretty decent, don't mind this for Minny. Palmieri isn't really anything to write home about. Not sure about Powe...remember him being a thug.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Rags send Rupp to Minny...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415226

"The New York Rangers have traded veteran forward Mike Rupp to the Minnesota Wild for forwards Darroll Powe and Nick Palmieri."


Huh...Rupp is pretty decent, don't mind this for Minny. Palmieri isn't really anything to write home about. Not sure about Powe...remember him being a thug.

Powe-Rupp? Power-Up?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lalongo keeps winning in Van... Canucks topped the Oilers in OT last night. Gillis is doing an East Coast tour apparently... drumming up trade interest?

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Their best asset is probably Schneider at this point. Don't think they are sold on him being the guy at this point and they know what they have in Luongo. A lot easier to move one and is probably a lot more desirable.

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NEELY wrote:Their best asset is probably Schneider at this point. Don't think they are sold on him being the guy at this point and they know what they have in Luongo. A lot easier to move one and is probably a lot more desirable.
Yeah, long term plans are all about Schneider for sure. Luongo playing hot now is a nice to have for them. Certainly helps in "show casing" him. I would not be surprised to see them hold onto him for the whole season.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:Their best asset is probably Schneider at this point. Don't think they are sold on him being the guy at this point and they know what they have in Luongo. A lot easier to move one and is probably a lot more desirable.
Yeah, long term plans are all about Schneider for sure. Luongo playing hot now is a nice to have for them. Certainly helps in "show casing" him. I would not be surprised to see them hold onto him for the whole season.

I think Schneider is the one they move. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

hemlock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:Their best asset is probably Schneider at this point. Don't think they are sold on him being the guy at this point and they know what they have in Luongo. A lot easier to move one and is probably a lot more desirable.
Yeah, long term plans are all about Schneider for sure. Luongo playing hot now is a nice to have for them. Certainly helps in "show casing" him. I would not be surprised to see them hold onto him for the whole season.

I think Schneider is the one they move. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

Is that even a possibility at this point though? Didn't Luongo request a trade? I would think that there is significant damage done to the relationship between Bobby Lu and the organization. Once a relationship reaches a certain point of degradation, a move is inevitable isn't it?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum