You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Yeah, but those aren't the only choices. I think unless someone knocks their socks off with an offer they'll keep both. Luongo is getting them points they'll need later *and* increasing his trade value.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
wprager wrote:Yeah, but those aren't the only choices. I think unless someone knocks their socks off with an offer they'll keep both. Luongo is getting them points they'll need later *and* increasing his trade value.

They could very well keep both, wouldn't be the worst idea because right now Luongo is the #1 and Schneider as of yet has not proven he is a capable #1. Seems like they have the same situation as a lot of other teams in the NHL but the media will hype it up as some rift, etc, etc, etc.

LeCaptain


All-Star
All-Star
SImple in Vancouver. The Sedins are 33 now which means they have approx. 2-3 years left of contention. From there you decide if Schneider has what it takes to get them there. No question in my mind Luongo is better now, but 3 years from now if he hasn't led them to the promised land, they will look back and regret not trading him today.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
LeKing wrote:SImple in Vancouver. The Sedins are 33 now which means they have approx. 2-3 years left of contention. From there you decide if Schneider has what it takes to get them there. No question in my mind Luongo is better now, but 3 years from now if he hasn't led them to the promised land, they will look back and regret not trading him today.

3 years from now when Schneider is a UFA does he resign with a team that's going to come crashing down? Not sure it's that clear cut.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:Goalies play into their late 30's without issue, not buying that argument.

Meh, that doesn't happen that often where they maintain that elite level into 36+.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Goalies play into their late 30's without issue, not buying that argument.

Meh, that doesn't happen that often where they maintain that elite level into 36+.

Brodure, Thomas, Roy, Hasek, Belfore, Joesph, Vokoun, Kipper, etc,etc,etc

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Goalies play into their late 30's without issue, not buying that argument.

Meh, that doesn't happen that often where they maintain that elite level into 36+.

Brodure, Thomas, Roy, Hasek, Belfore, Joesph, Vokoun, Kipper, etc,etc,etc

Yeah...that's about it though. That's not really great odds.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Luongo is in the group, he will be good for another 5-8 years. The only guys that don't make it to their late 30's are the ones that never really established themselves as #1 guys over a long period of time.

You can even say guys like Giguere, Theodore, and Irbe are marginal guys that played decent until their late 30's.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
LOL the luongo circus continues as Schneider's agent wants a resolution fast! Hmm I wonder if that has to do with Luongo starting 4 straight and winning....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415287

"Our concern is we were hoping that this would be the year that Cory would play 75 per cent of the games," Liut told the Sun.

"We are only interested in resolution, we are not going to get into the finger-pointing game and to that end you have to take a step back and you have to give them latitude to make a business decision."

I'm with Neely on this. Schneider might be the guy to get dealt now....way more value in a trade.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Goalies play into their late 30's without issue, not buying that argument.

Meh, that doesn't happen that often where they maintain that elite level into 36+.

Brodure, Thomas, Roy, Hasek, Belfore, Joesph, Vokoun, Kipper, etc,etc,etc

Your argument is still valid because Hedberg is twice the goaler Fraudeur is now or ever was.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
really? the starts he had this season weren't very impressive. might lower schneider's value. then again he is the younger out of the two. I see luongo as proven somewhat at least.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:really? the starts he had this season weren't very impressive. might lower schneider's value. then again he is the younger out of the two. I see luongo as proven somewhat at least.

I just think if Luongo was half-as desired, he'd have been traded by now. I think the contract and age is what's really scaring people and Vancouver has got people believing that Schneider is the real deal.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Michallica wrote:LOL the luongo circus continues as Schneider's agent wants a resolution fast! Hmm I wonder if that has to do with Luongo starting 4 straight and winning....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415287

"Our concern is we were hoping that this would be the year that Cory would play 75 per cent of the games," Liut told the Sun.

"We are only interested in resolution, we are not going to get into the finger-pointing game and to that end you have to take a step back and you have to give them latitude to make a business decision."

I'm with Neely on this. Schneider might be the guy to get dealt now....way more value in a trade.

At this point, IMO, it's an easy decision. Luongo wins year after year and Schneider has yet to prove he can outside of selected games. Amazing it's now about Schneider.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Schneider wants to be the #1 guy, he's gonna have to wait for Lalongo to lose a few and then get his change. He'll have to play lights out and run with it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Who really cares anyway. If ever there was a team that was built to come close but not win the Cup, it's the Canucks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
By the way, where is the GDT?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
St. Louis down 5-0, Elliott 5GA on 12 shots

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hoags wrote:St. Louis down 5-0, Elliott 5GA on 12 shots

Redden in the lineup?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum