General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by spader on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    spader wrote:Eklund posted an hour or so ago that Timonen was re-signed on a 1-year extension (he gave it an X2 rating, which I assume to be the same as E2, which means he made it up). Flyers have confirmed nothing. No one else seems to be reporting this, so it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.
    the only thing being shaked out is the man's reputation. think it's been over a year since i've gone over there.

I like reading Yost's articles. I've been kind of enjoying watching him get better at writing. HB is for entertainment purposes only. It sucks to give him more page hits, but I get a kick out of the site.

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Hoags on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Dredger says Leafs are open to trading Kessel.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12924
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Hoags wrote:Dredger says Leafs are open to trading Kessel.

please no Facepalm this will be front page on tsn.ca till they actually do decide to trade him. if so, please make it happen fast.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 pm

I'd take Kessel any day, on any team.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Ev wrote:I'd take Kessel any day, on any team.

He has value, for sure. He definitely needs a setup man, but he's a great finisher. Depending on what they want for him, he would be a good pickup for many teams. Of course, he's not worth giving up 2 extremely high 1sts and a 2nd. Laugh1 I wouldn't recommend Calgary or Washington recreating the original trade that brought him to Toronto. Smile
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 pm

spader wrote:

He has value, for sure. He definitely needs a setup man, but he's a great finisher. Depending on what they want for him, he would be a good pickup for many teams. Of course, he's not worth giving up 2 extremely high 1sts and a 2nd. Laugh1 I wouldn't recommend Calgary or Washington recreating the original trade that brought him to Toronto. Smile
    I still say Pittsburgh might be a trading partner maybe the sharks.
    the sharks are said to need a scoring winger. they might toss them their 1st and another prospect
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 pm

man Kessel in Ottawa would be a dream. Kessel, Spezza and Karlsson? Just cue the cup
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    spader wrote:

the sharks are said to need a scoring winger. they might toss them their 1st and another prospect

It would have to be a decent prospect. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nonis ask for the standard 1st, prospect, roster player. All the same, who knows if The Face is just trying to drum up noise. Shrug
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Leafs won't trade Kessel within the division much less the conference.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:50 pm

spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    spader wrote:

It would have to be a decent prospect. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nonis ask for the standard 1st, prospect, roster player. All the same, who knows if The Face is just trying to drum up noise. Shrug
    he's not exactly tearing up the score sheet right now. I think a 1st and a decent prospect OR a young promising roster player is what they would get right now.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    spader wrote:

he's not exactly tearing up the score sheet right now. I think a 1st and a decent prospect OR a young promising roster player is what they would get right now.

Ya, I really don't think that'd cut it. You're talking about a 25 year old that has scored 30 or more goals in each of the last four seasons. They'll get more (though I really don't see them trading him).
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 am

This isn't exactly earth breaking, it was bound to happen.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:34 am

They'll trade him, doubtful he will resign

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:16 am

No chance I would ever want Kessel on my hockey team, don't care if he scored 40. Not a guy you win with.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:54 am

Also, wtf is up with Eberle? I thought this would be the year he just goes on a rampage in league scoring. Anything but man. Hall is getting dangerously close to be called a bust of a 1st overall prospect as well. His game is anything but impressive.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:37 am

Top line is pretty much overwhelmed physically. Teams have "magically" found out that they just hit puberty. One thing I find watching their games is that their opponents' main focus seems to make RNH's live miserable. Love the kid but he needs some serious muscle building. Kind of like Stamkos in his rookie season.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:43 am

LeKing wrote:Top line is pretty much overwhelmed physically. Teams have "magically" found out that they just hit puberty. One thing I find watching their games is that their opponents' main focus seems to make RNH's live miserable. Love the kid but he needs some serious muscle building. Kind of like Stamkos in his rookie season.

Don't think RNH is as explosive or dominating as Stamkos. RNH is a heady player, makes all the right choices with the puck, but if he can find time and space to do it he is in a lot of trouble. Teams are quickly finding out that the Oilers are a very easy team to play against, simple as that. Too much skill and the funny thing is, EVERYONE saw this coming. I thought Dubnyek wouldn't be as good as he has been though.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:02 am

Non he's not, he'll never score 60 goals. What he is though is an awesome passer and he needs to get to the gym to get more strength on the hips because everyone needs to win battles along the boards once in a while.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:38 am