General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47938
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Hawks tie it up. They were trailing the Avs 2-1 after 2. Shaw and Sharp lost to injury. Gut check time.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Hawks just scored to take a lead, under a minute to go.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Game over. 30 games without a regulation or OT loss.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Carcillo with the winner. What was he even doing on the ice in the last minute?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Someone tweeted:

347 days since the hawks last lost in regulation #HAWKS

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Diddle the Hawks man. This is unfair to the rest of North America. Chicago already had the 70-12 Chicago Bulls it should be enough for an entire lifetime
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 pm

LeKing wrote:Diddle the Hawks man. This is unfair to the rest of North America. Chicago already had the 70-12 Chicago Bulls it should be enough for an entire lifetime

Think it was 72-10...
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:53 pm

Yeah that's what I wanted to type scratch
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Chicago also has the most cursed team ever in the cubs. But yeah enough already Chicago Laugh1
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54409
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Still not sold on their goaltending.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16322
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:04 am

I'm just glad we don't have to play the Blackhawks this season. I guess we'll see them in the Finals though.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 am

tim1_2 wrote:I'm just glad we don't have to play the Blackhawks this season. I guess we'll see them in the Finals though.
    Heh. Watch them run this streak all season and then bonk in the first round of playoffs.

Sarcasm
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:16 am

Colorado gets another crack at the Hawks on Friday. Then it's Edmonton on Sunday. C'mon! Stop the streak!
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54409
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 am

This can be a really cruel game sometimes. Elliott was stellar last year with St.Louis, this year be literally can't stop a beach ball. Was last year a fluke?

I'll say this much: The Blues have no need for him anymore with Allen coming up to backup Halak - especially considering Halak went down and Elliott crapped himself to the point where they thrust Allen into play (who was good).

Where does Elliott end up from here? I believe he's signed to 1 more year @ 1.8 million, but who would possibly take a chance on him?
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 am

SpezDispenser wrote:This can be a really cruel game sometimes. Elliott was stellar last year with St.Louis, this year be literally can't stop a beach ball. Was last year a fluke?

Of course it was a fluke. Did anyone think he could be THAT good suddenly ?

St. Louis was allowing 15-18 shots against per game last year, pretty easy for a goalie. They're not as sharp this year and goaltending is more exposed. Halak is legit but he seems injured all the time.

Plus it's Hitchock, he made Leclaire look good.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20858
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am

Why are there always spaces before your question marks? THIS MUST BE ANSWERED
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Hoags wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:This can be a really cruel game sometimes. Elliott was stellar last year with St.Louis, this year be literally can't stop a beach ball. Was last year a fluke?

Of course it was a fluke. Did anyone think he could be THAT good suddenly ?

St. Louis was allowing 15-18 shots against per game last year, pretty easy for a goalie. They're not as sharp this year and goaltending is more exposed. Halak is legit but he seems injured all the time.

Plus it's Hitchock, he made Leclaire look good.
    I was curious so I looked it up. Last year St. Louis averaged 26.7 shots against per game. That was the lowest in the league. This year, they're averaging 23.1, also the lowest in the NHL.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:31 pm

I'll say this much: The Blues have no need for him anymore with Allen coming up to backup Halak - especially considering Halak went down and Elliott crapped himself to the point where they thrust Allen into play (who was good).

Where does Elliott end up from here? I believe he's signed to 1 more year @ 1.8 million, but who would possibly take a chance on him?

He didn't have Redden "helping out" last year Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:32 pm