General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:13 pm

shabbs wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Sounds like Heatley's on the move to NJ - if you believe the rumours. The FAN network out of Minny is saying he won't make the trip to Nashville and that he's already waived his NTC.

Alexander Urbom, Henrik Tallinder and at least one pick would go back if this is true.

LMAO that's a hockeyy insiderr rumour

Really? If that's where it came from, Diddle that noise.
    A minus for you SIR.

:crossarms: You're mean. A minus for being mean. Sad

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by shabbs on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:50 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Sounds like Heatley's on the move to NJ - if you believe the rumours. The FAN network out of Minny is saying he won't make the trip to Nashville and that he's already waived his NTC.

Alexander Urbom, Henrik Tallinder and at least one pick would go back if this is true.

LMAO that's a hockeyy insiderr rumour

Really? If that's where it came from, Diddle that noise.
    A minus for you SIR.

:crossarms: You're mean. A minus for being mean. Sad
    Good thing they don't do anything.

Wink

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14290
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm not at all surprised by the deal Getzlaf got. what did you guys expect? there's so many restrictions right now that any elite proven player is just gonna get the max now.
    perry will get 7 years at the max and 8 at the max if he resigns with anaheim. that's the incentive to stay with the home club. sign and have that extra year at max.
    seriously, will be interesting to see what's next from the Perry camp. this will unveil by the deadline. you're in or you're out.
    hopefuly it's a signed trade for us... but I doubt it.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by shabbs on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Max $ right now is $14M/year but with the cap going down, no one is getting that. Will be interesting to see what Perry gets and where he lands.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14290
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 pm

shabbs wrote:Max $ right now is $14M/year but with the cap going down, no one is getting that. Will be interesting to see what Perry gets and where he lands.
    really??? 14mill? I think clubs must be operating under the new salary cap. i thought i heard that it was much lower. like about what getz is getting.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9236
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 pm

shabbs wrote:Max $ right now is $14M/year but with the cap going down, no one is getting that. Will be interesting to see what Perry gets and where he lands.

Smart players want to minimize their cap hit so their team can still build a competitive roster so they won't get $14M. Perry will get a lot of money and the cap hit will be minimized as much as the CBA allows.

He'll get similar to Getzlaf money for sure.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    really??? 14mill? I think clubs must be operating under the new salary cap. i thought i heard that it was much lower. like about what getz is getting.
    This year's cap is $70.2M as per the agreement ending the lockout. Next year's cap drops to $64.3M and will stay that way for a few years I believe. Max $ is 20% of the cap. So, next year's max is $12.86M. Still a lot of cheddar. Rare to see an actually max $ contract these days.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10093
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:44 pm

wprager wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    wprager wrote:Why is every one convinced Perry will get over $8M for sure? Centers, typically, get paid more than wingers. We just happen to need a top-line winger and not a center, otherwise we would be salivating over Getzlaf a hell of a lot more than Perry.

He won the Hart 2 years ago, has scored 50 goals, has a cup ring, and Olympic gold. Not sure if this is a serious question or not. If Perry doesn't get 8 mil I'll suck my own Wang.

I guess I'm just thinking in a $64M cap world, versus $74M, something's got to give. Of course it'll be the middle-class getting squeezed out again, as usual. Scrubs' salaries keep going up -- $500M league min now , going up $25K each year. The stars will get $8M type contacts. That means no more $4.2M for the Mike Fishers of the world. There's going to be a few NHLers heading overseas next year.

Ahhhhh! They've really gone crazy now!

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10093
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:46 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll also try to suck my own Wang if he makes less than 8.

Try not, SD. Do.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49248
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Hoags wrote:

Smart players ...

You lost me right there. How long has it been since the lockout? Didn't we all learn that the players are all about the money? Even Alfie and Phillips toed the Association line and spouted their rhetoric. There *are no smart players*.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 pm

spader wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:I'll also try to suck my own Wang if he makes less than 8.

Try not, SD. Do.

Hmmmmmmm ..... his nickname is SD ........... now it all makes sense.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Blackhawks/Avs tonight... c'mon Avs. Stop this infernal streak. I'm sick of it.

ROR with the winner in regulation.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:48 pm

shabbs wrote:Blackhawks/Avs tonight... c'mon Avs. Stop this infernal streak. I'm sick of it.

ROR with the winner in regulation.

I'm all for taking a record from Philly. Go Hawks!

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Wonder when the Oilers pull the plug on their goaltending. Dubnyk is awful.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17126
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:54 pm

The goal he let in from centre ice was...not good.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 pm

There is no way Edmonton goes into next year with the same goaltending.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Oilers getting pounded.

Another 1st overall pick?
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Avs up 5-1... the streak ends tonight boys...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:46 pm