General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Wow...Detroit...

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by spader on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:51 pm

Ev wrote:Rob Klinkhammer with 7 points in 10 game for Phoenix. This guy has always impressed

It's a shame they couldn't see a future for him here. I like the game he plays.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Crosby out indefinitely. Broken jaw.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419545
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by shabbs on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Happy birthday Gordie Howe... 85 today...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9114698/nhl-gordie-howe-85th-birthday-opportunity-celebrate-mr-hockey
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47674
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:22 pm

shabbs wrote:Crosby out indefinitely. Broken jaw.

Read somewhere he'll have his mouth wired shut for a month. He'll drop a few pounds by the start of playoffs.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:48 pm

Out a minimum of 4 weeks apparently... and he'll need a full cage for the rest of the playoffs when he returns.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:08 pm

wprager wrote:

Read somewhere he'll have his mouth wired shut for a month. He'll drop a few pounds by the start of playoffs.

They reported that he does/will not have his mouth wired shut.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:

They reported that he does/will not have his mouth wired shut.
    This is true.

https://twitter.com/RobRossi_Trib/status/318463088418508800

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:11 pm

4-6 weeks for Crosby according to an "impeccable" source. Will play in May.

"Impeccable source: Crosby 4-6 wks. Will play in May."

https://twitter.com/Steigerworld/status/318514800411951104

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:22 pm

not like they will need him too much in March or against whatever Dung team finishes 8th. Obviously theyd love him to play though.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Columbus in a playoff spot...
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:56 pm

shabbs wrote:Columbus in a playoff spot...

Oilers 2 back with 2 in hand. Signs of the Apocalypse?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:59 pm

shabbs wrote:4-6 weeks for Crosby according to an "impeccable" source. Will play in May.

"Impeccable source: Crosby 4-6 wks. Will play in May."

https://twitter.com/Steigerworld/status/318514800411951104

Don't see how he is out 4-6 weeks without having it wired shut. Typically if you have surgery to fix your jaw, it's wired shut and it takes a month. This is consistent with the 4-6 weeks, but not with the "not wired shut" tweet.

In any case, 4-6 weeks is pretty big at this point in the season. Of course, this is Crosby, he'll come back and start scoring at a 3PPG pace.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:00 am

Russian player dies from a head shot in a league game, leaves behind a pregnant wife and a young daughter.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/2013/03/31/20699801.html

I know it's not the KHL, so not in the spotlight, but this was kinda buried on canoe.ca's sports page. Top item, of course, was that basketball player's compound fracture injury, but then Crosby's broken jaw, Milbury blaming the Redwings' wives for their slow start, couple baseball stories, curling and then this one. We recently heard about the paralyzed player in the Swiss league, and now this. If the NHL thinks they are somehow immune they are fooling themselves. It's just a matter of time.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:39 am

LeBrun: Flyers announce Max Talbot out with a broken left leg. The injury hits just keep on coming for that team.

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/318717763126435840
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:55 am

shabbs wrote:LeBrun: Flyers announce Max Talbot out with a broken left leg. The injury hits just keep on coming for that team.

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/318717763126435840

Just read that. Why don't they just pack it in. They're not making the post-season. Who do they left that is (a) healthy and, (b) does not have a NMC/NTC, and (c) on a reasonable contract?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:08 am

wprager wrote:Russian player dies from a head shot in a league game, leaves behind a pregnant wife and a young daughter.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/2013/03/31/20699801.html

I know it's not the KHL, so not in the spotlight, but this was kinda buried on canoe.ca's sports page. Top item, of course, was that basketball player's compound fracture injury, but then Crosby's broken jaw, Milbury blaming the Redwings' wives for their slow start, couple baseball stories, curling and then this one. We recently heard about the paralyzed player in the Swiss league, and now this. If the NHL thinks they are somehow immune they are fooling themselves. It's just a matter of time.

Some more on this. Apparently after the hit he played a couple more shifts, but then started feeling worse, so he changed and went home (drove himself). Later that night his conditioned worsened and he lost consciousness. His wife called an ambulance and he died in hospital. Earlier reports said he arrived at hospital already in a coma. Preliminary indications are that the cerebral hemorrhage was the result of the hit.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 am

Smid staying in Edmonton. 4 years at $3.5M AAV.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:10 am