You are not connected. Please login or register

what the hell is this pop-up!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what the hell is this pop-up! Empty what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:57 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
I keep getting a pop up from GM hockey opening in my tabs for a video game (war of thnder or some Dung like that WWII planes video game.
anyone else getting this? anyone know how to get rid of this? did GM hockey get a bug in their system?

2what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
You probably have a spyware. I don't have it.

3what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
LeKing wrote:You probably have a spyware. I don't have it.
i thought spyware was pretty much unheard of on mac? both my mackbook and Iphone are doing it.

4what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dung, hopefully you can block it because I'm not getting it either.

5what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:I keep getting a pop up from GM hockey opening in my tabs for a video game (war of thnder or some Dung like that WWII planes video game.
anyone else getting this? anyone know how to get rid of this? did GM hockey get a bug in their system?

Some of these banners now, if you simply pass over them with your cursor, will open up a new window without clicking.

6what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
i thought spyware was pretty much unheard of on mac? both my mackbook and Iphone are doing it.

Safari?

7what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeKing wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Safari?

It's not spyware, see above.

8what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sounds like an aggressive add.

9what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Safari?

Never had those and I've been doing what you are saying pretty constantly.
I'm on Mac with Safari.

10what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:44 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeKing wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Safari?

I'm on Mac with Safari.

It's not all banners but that Airplane one is definitely one of them.

11what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Safari?

I'm on Mac with Safari.

It's not all banners but that Airplane one is definitely one of them.
yep i saw that earlier. it's bugging the hell out of me. don't know if this s sponsored add but it's a painful one.

12what the hell is this pop-up! Empty Re: what the hell is this pop-up! on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
I've seen this, but only on my iPhone. There have been times when I put the phone down and just waited and, sure enough, the redirect kicked in and sent me to either the app store or another site.

It hasn't happened in a few days though, so I'm hoping it's done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum