General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21498
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Ev on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:17 am

Lets hope Anderson keeps it up and gets traded in the off-season

not kidding

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9236
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Hoags on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:23 am

Ev wrote:Lets hope Anderson keeps it up and gets traded in the off-season

Yes let's go with Lehner + Lawson/Hammond.

That's great depth if/when Lehner gets hurt or Dung the bed for a while(not really).

Why does everyone want to get rid of Anderson ? Do we need cap space ? Prejudiced against bald people ?

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21498
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:26 am

Hoags wrote:
    Ev wrote:Lets hope Anderson keeps it up and gets traded in the off-season

Yes let's go with Lehner + Lawson/Hammond.

That's great depth if/when Lehner gets hurt or Dung the bed for a while(not really).

Why does everyone want to get rid of Anderson ? Do we need cap space ? Prejudiced against bald people ?

Because I think Lehner is a #1 goalie and if Anderson brought back pieces to fill the rest of the roster, the team would be loaded.

It's not like I want to get rid of him.

Also why are your question marks like that?????

If they actually traded Anderson, they would obviously bring in some other vet to backup. Don't be naive.
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2730
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by TheAvatar on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:45 am

I think a full season as a backup with say 20 ~ 25 games would be a good thing for Lehner. Trade Anderson the following season.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9236
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 am

TheAvatar wrote:I think a full season as a backup with say 20 ~ 25 games would be a good thing for Lehner. Trade Anderson the following season.

Yep. If he outplays Anderson next year than give him more games as well.

Don't just hand the #1 starter's job over.

Not to mention the last time Murray brought a veteran backup goalie in we got Alex Auld Puking2
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:53 am

i'm not even sure we need to ever trade andersson. lehner will back up next year and maybe takes over the following one. who knows how Andersson's play will be by then. maybe it will decline. the one thing is we'd have two vey cpable netminders. that's not a bad thing when you're chasing lord stanley.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:00 am

did anyone catch that ownership in Calgary has put it forward that they expect Feaster to build a team over the summer that its goal is to make the playoffs?

ok, who the hell has lost it's marbles over there? feaster at this point looks like a god damn sock puppet. just someone else doing the talking, no brain to speak of.

soon the fans will be clamoring for new ownership, maybe they should.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17128
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:06 am

I know Feaster isn't the best GM, but I also think he gets a bit of a bad rap. The Iggy thing was pretty much out of his hands, and it's clear ownership there is bat Dung insane. It's a shame too...if they had blown this thing up a couple years ago when they should've, they'd be in such a better position by now. The return for Iggy would've been better, and they actually would've been able to trade Kipper.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250

Post by wprager on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 am

Hoags wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Only thing I really dislike about the trade is Bishop coming back to bite the Sens potentially in their own division.

Yep that's what I am thinking.

We got Lehner though so we still didn't make the team any worse, at worst we gave a division rival a real goalie but let's see how he does the rest of the way.

wprager wrote:45 save shut out and 1st star honors. That's a tall order for Conacher to fill. Needs a Gordie Howe hat-trick, I'd say.

I think he needs to score a real hat trick Laughing3

Oh, did I forget to mention the fight would be against Scott? Come on, for a guy that's 5'8" (he wishes) that is a hell of a lot more impressive than an extra couple goals.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:49 am

shabbs wrote:Lupul out with an "upper body injury" that looked like it could be a concussion... no luck with that guy.

And our chances of finishing 5th just improved....Nooooooooooo!
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:03 am

Leafs lose 5th and Lupul. He got cranked pretty good by Hall and Rosehill :

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 am

He took it right on the jaw it looks like. He was wobbly as heck heading back to the bench.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8465
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:05 am

shabbs wrote:He took it right on the jaw it looks like. He was wobbly as heck heading back to the bench.

POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 am

Oh fark, thanks now I have the "POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER" line stuck in my brain.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:43 am

shabbs wrote:He took it right on the jaw it looks like. He was wobbly as heck heading back to the bench.

Someone tweeted: Lupul comes out of the locker room, eyes pointing in two different directions, weird stain from where Carlyle rubbed dirt on his head.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Not for the faint of heart, Zach Redmond shows the scar from the skate cut he got:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MitchPeacock1/status/320218261344108545/photo/1
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:00 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Not for the faint of heart, Zach Redmond shows the scar from the skate cut he got:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MitchPeacock1/status/320218261344108545/photo/1
    Holy Dung. He lost a LOT of blood, now I see why. Damn....
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24789
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:24 pm

spader wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Bishop close now...

5-0 final. I'm happy for Ben. I hope he has a good career. He helped this team a lot.

That's about the size of it, right there. Reality is that he's a legit #1 goalie but Lehner is a star goalie in the making.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:04 pm