General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16501
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:56 am

Rundblad threatening to leave Phoenix and go to the KHL.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by NEELY on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:09 am

tim1_2 wrote:Rundblad threatening to leave Phoenix and go to the KHL.

CALLED IT... but I thought it would be SEL.

Best move Murray has ever made, getting rid of that joke of an NHLer for Turris.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:34 am

I'll admit, he's pretty much a bust at this point. Really surprised he couldn't put it all together.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:36 am

SpezDispenser wrote:

I'll admit, he's pretty much a bust at this point. Really surprised he couldn't put it all together.

Shouldn't be. It was obvious the way he played the game.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:12 pm

NEELY wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

Toolbox was in question, but I thought he could have been developed. I think he could have been developed here under Richardson/MacLean, but great trade in retrospect.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:20 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

Toolbox was in question, but I thought he could have been developed. I think he could have been developed here under Richardson/MacLean, but great trade in retrospect.

MacLean can't develop a Polaroid snapshot. Look what he did to JOB.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:23 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

MacLean can't develop a Polaroid snapshot. Look what he did to JOB.

Ha. I sometimes wonder what JOB's deficiency is in his eyes. He can't really skate very technically, I wonder if that's it. Or maybe he's a joker kind of guy and Mac doesn't like that. Not sure.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:35 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Ha. I sometimes wonder what JOB's deficiency is in his eyes. He can't really skate very technically, I wonder if that's it. Or maybe he's a joker kind of guy and Mac doesn't like that. Not sure.

There were always questions about his work ethic.

I don't think he stands out in any way, a guy like Pageau came in and blew him away.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Hoags wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Ha. I sometimes wonder what JOB's deficiency is in his eyes. He can't really skate very technically, I wonder if that's it. Or maybe he's a joker kind of guy and Mac doesn't like that. Not sure.

There were always questions about his work ethic.

I don't think he stands out in any way, a guy like Pageau came in and blew him away.

He blew a lot of players away. He could legitimately be a contender for a top 6 role - if he could play wing I guess.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Who was in on line 4 that took JOB's job? I can't recall lol
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:15 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Who was in on line 4 that took JOB's job? I can't recall lol

Regin played the 4th line C a lot, Grant played a few games and then then Pageau.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Hoags wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Who was in on line 4 that took JOB's job? I can't recall lol

Regin played the 4th line C a lot, Grant played a few games and then then Pageau.

Oh yeah, Pageau took Z.Smith's 3rd line and Smith moved down I think.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:28 pm

not that I doubt you, but, source?
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Hoags wrote:

Who? That's a guy that won't be playing in Ottawa going forward. He's a good candidate for a job in the SEL or KHL.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:33 pm

spader wrote:
    Hoags wrote:

Who? That's a guy that won't be playing in Ottawa going forward. He's a good candidate for a job in the SEL or KHL.

Yeah...still has talent though. Someone in the NHL might sign him to a 1 year, 600K contract and try to utilize him as a 3rd liner. Someone whose depth sucks.

Frankly, I wasn't impressed with Grant really, and I really expected to. But I think he played under 10 minutes, so it's hard to form an opinion. I was much more impressed with DD until he made a fool of himself - and even then, he was very effective up until that and he showed he'd take on anyone - even if it was a terrible choice.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Michallica wrote:

not that I doubt you, but, source?

Igor Eronko (@IgorEronko) tweeted at 8:13 AM on Thu, Jun 13, 2013:
    #Coyotes pending RFA D David Rundblad may leave #NHL for #KHL per his agent via @EkExpressen
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16501
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Meh..Rundblad is a RFA anyway...this might be more negotiation tactic than anything, but he would have more success AND perhaps get paid more overseas anyway.

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 3187
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

Post by sandysensfan on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:24 pm

tim1_2 wrote:The Pens need to give Letang and Orpik, in addition to figuring out what they can do about their goaltending. Depth will be an issue, for sure. I really think they'd be better off without one of Crosby or Malkin, and spreading the money around the rest of their team.

They have a lot of young D nearing NHL readiness.. and with the Cap going up after next season.. it probably won't be an issue signing Letang...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:12 pm