You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Rant 'n' Rave » EA Sports NHL 2014

EA Sports NHL 2014

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty EA Sports NHL 2014 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The first details emerge:
----------

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130415005508/en/NHL-14-Features-Greatest-Showcase-Speed-Skill

NHL 14 Features

NHL® Collision Physics – Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFA’s critically-acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler and more rewarding than ever.

Enforcer Engine – Powered by the same technology used in the critically acclaimed Fight Night franchise, NHL 14 will bring a brand new third-person presentation to showcase the anatomy of a fight. All players on the ice (human or CPU) remain live from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. This new technology delivers, for the first time in the EA SPORTS NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.

True Performance Skating – Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and over 1,000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.

One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled only with the left stick and one-button. From beginner to advanced gamers, the system allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.

Live the Life – The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.

HUT & EASHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.
--------------

Seriously..."Live the Life"??? Take part in media interviews? What?

I guess they are running out of things to add!

2EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:24 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Should be able to do coke off a hookers tit in the 2015 version

3EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I hope the whole BAG mode is more in depth. I love 13, but there are things that are either ludicrously hard like making a trade - and there should be better contract extension structures as well.

4EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:Should be able to do coke off a hookers tit in the 2015 version

Laugh1 +1.

5EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:37 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wouldn't mind if they made editing your lines/roster a little easier and quicker too...something that would take two seconds with a mouse takes a lot longer with a controller.

6EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:27 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The game is out. I bought it on Tuesday, but haven't been able to play it yet. I played the demo a little bit...seemed like they fixed up the gameplay a bit. Hitting was no longer impossible, fighting is better (for those who care), and skating in general seemed a little more responsive. Other than that, things we quite similar to NHL 13.

Anyone put any time into this yet? I'm just wondering if they made any changes to the "Be a GM" mode?

7EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:00 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Should be able to do coke off a hookers tit in the 2015 version
Emery/McGrattan mini-game?

8EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:40 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Snort out.

9EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
You can retain salary in trades now. Can't remember what else Mel said as she's playing it right now.

10EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:You can retain salary in trades now. Can't remember what else Mel said as she's playing it right now.
That's a great addition. Ask her how the player ratings are. Guys like Z-Bad, Pageau, etc...I assume they are still all messed up.

Apparently this year EA Sports will offer Dynamic Rating Updates...so if a guy is on a hot streak during the season in real-life, his rating will change in the game to reflect that (and the same with cold streaks).

11EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:23 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
There are a few tweaks to the Edit Lines screen which are minor, but go a long way. It will tell you how many players you have dressed. Also if there is an incomplete spot, they will highlight it in red. And if you attempt to leave the Edit lines screen with incomplete lines, it will actually tell you what lines are incomplete, directing you there if you wish, or letting you opt for the best lines instead.

There is an option to let the Assistant coach manage only your goalie, so if you sim large number of games like me, they will put in your back up every so often.

You can control how difficult it is to make trades. Only three options, but still something.

Off the top of my head, that's all I can think of.

12EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:36 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, and in terms of the roster, sens have a lot of players missing. Marcus Hoberg is in the SEL, but there is no Wideman, Claesson, Blood, maybe one or two others. You'd expect those too be in the game since they played pro all year last year.

Usually you expect the guys who played College last year not to be there like Sdao, L Karlsson, Buddy Robinson and the like, but the others who spent the whole year in Elmira/Bingo should be there.

13EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:You can retain salary in trades now.  Can't remember what else Mel said as she's playing it right now.
That's a great addition.  Ask her how the player ratings are.  Guys like Z-Bad, Pageau, etc...I assume they are still all messed up.

Apparently this year EA Sports will offer Dynamic Rating Updates...so if a guy is on a hot streak during the season in real-life, his rating will change in the game to reflect that (and the same with cold streaks).  
Lazar wanted to know what his rating was. Tell Mel to look it up and tweet it to him.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

14EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:47 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Silfer Server wrote:There are a few tweaks to the Edit Lines screen which are minor, but go a long way. It will tell you how many players you have dressed. Also if there is an incomplete spot, they will highlight it in red. And if you attempt to leave the Edit lines screen with incomplete lines, it will actually tell you what lines are incomplete, directing you there if you wish, or letting you opt for the best lines instead.

There is an option to let the Assistant coach manage only your goalie, so if you sim large number of games like me, they will put in your back up every so often.

You can control how difficult it is to make trades. Only three options, but still something.

Off the top of my head, that's all I can think of.
Those are good additions, particularly the edit lines alert and the assistant coach subbing in your backup goalie when simming over the long-term. Both are little touches, but smart.

15EA Sports NHL 2014 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:You can retain salary in trades now.  Can't remember what else Mel said as she's playing it right now.
That's a great addition.  Ask her how the player ratings are.  Guys like Z-Bad, Pageau, etc...I assume they are still all messed up.

Apparently this year EA Sports will offer Dynamic Rating Updates...so if a guy is on a hot streak during the season in real-life, his rating will change in the game to reflect that (and the same with cold streaks).  
Lazar wanted to know what his rating was.  Tell Mel to look it up and tweet it to him.
By the time she does tonight, it'll be too late for sure. I wonder if she traded Alfie right away. I bet she did.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum