GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Share

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by Ev on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 am

    Hoags wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    Fluke loss, forget about it. It's not like they will be playing this team any time soon.

    So how many more times do we need to lose to them before it stops becoming a fluke ?

    They dominated them tonight.

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote: Puking2

    Not much else has to be said when the Leafs clinch a playoff spot off a win vs. the Sens at SBP.

    What a fiasco! Time to blow this Dung up!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47676
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by wprager on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:49 am

    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:That waived-off goal should have been a penalty. Few seconds earlier he skated right into Anderson and made absolutely no attempt to avoid him. Neil got called for his, but not this one.

    And in that fight McLaren grabbed Kassian's hair -- way after the got his helmet off -- and also head-butted him a bit (Kassian said he felt something hit his nose and it wasn't a fist -- said he hoped it was not intentional).

    Even you can surely see the difference between what Neil did and what Komarov did. It was debatable whether that even should have been waived off.

    Thanks for the input Evan. I was at the game so I did not have the benefit of a replay. I saw a guy in a blue jersey shoot the puck (which I believe went wide) then skate right into the crease, bumping into Anderson, then not making any (serious) attempt to leave the crease. The initial contact constitutes running the goalie and should have been a penalty, just like Neil's was. Yes, I can see the difference between what Neil and the other guy did, but both were penalties.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47676
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by wprager on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:04 am

    Ev wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:
    Ev wrote:nothing wrong with Turris. In a role he isn't supposed to be in and has performed adequately with a 40 year old linemate who looks way past his prime and a revolving door on the other wing.

    Fluke loss, forget about it. It's not like they will be playing this team any time soon.

    Are you saying it's Alfie's fault if Turris is playing like crap? 'Cause that is ... Not smart ...

    What? No. I'm saying Alfredsson is old and is not great some nights, like tonight. Not his fault, he's old. Turris isn't playing like crap, fans just need their whipping boy. Guy is on a 50 point pace playing top minutes with average linemates. He would be far, far better behind Jason Spezza.

    On far too many occasions Turris did a "fly by" without finishing his checks, or just barely touching the guy. Why skate all that way (from his center position to the boards, usually) and then do absolutely nothing when he got there? I'd rather he stayed in the center and tried to block the passing lanes.

    You're absolutely right, he *would* do better behind Spezza (notice how I didn't use "be" like you did). Problem is we don't have Spezza now. Guys like Conacher and Pageau are smaller and they do more with the ice time they're given.

    Then let's not forget the embellishment penalty he drew. As soon as he went down I knew he was getting it. JVR's stick was parallel to the ice, from behind, hooking him (don't get why it was called a trip) but it was Turris' legs that went flying out from under him. Stupid move on his part. Sure, Peel may not have called the hook on JVR but now Turris is on the list and won't get the benefit of the doubt from *any* ref, not just Peel/O'Rourke types.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 65
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by sandysensfan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:52 am

    SpezDispenser wrote:I don't even really care about this loss, I just want to make the playoffs.

    That won't be easy. Sens need 4 pts out of remaining 4 games and 2 of them will be losses to Pitts & Bost..

    Isles, Rangers, Jets have easy schedules left.. well Jets have Wash & Mtl but the Jets have been playing really good.. Pavelec has been awesome.

    Jets have a total of 6 possible pts remaining.. and are 3 behind the Sens.. So if they win all 3 they have 55 pts.. Sens have 52 -- so need 4 to beat them. Jets hold the tiebreaker as they have more ROWs. Sens could really be in trouble. Now if the Jets lose 1 of the remaining games.. against either Wash or Mtl.. (I think their other game is against Buff) then the most they can get is 53 pts... so the Sens would only need 2 pts in their last 4 games... So in the end.. it will be Winn or Ottawa out.. Isles & Rangers schedule is just to easy for them to fall out...


    Last edited by sandysensfan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 65
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by sandysensfan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:56 am

    Would be interesting to see how many of the Sens players are playing injured. We know that Neil is.. and probably Gonchar...but who else?
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by Ev on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:04 pm

    There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

    Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by Ev on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 pm

    wprager wrote:

    You're absolutely right, he *would* do better behind Spezza (notice how I didn't use "be" like you did). Problem is we don't have Spezza now. Guys like Conacher and Pageau are smaller and they do more with the ice time they're given.
    ]

    Pageau does not do more with the ice time he's given. That's just insanity. He is faster and doesn't have to play 1st line minutes like Turris, so he will look fresher.

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 65
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by sandysensfan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:17 pm

    Ev wrote:There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

    Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.

    Well Boston lost to that undermanned Pens team last night... when they should have waxed them considering they had their full lineup (minus Lucic).

    Yes they won 4 in a row... but they have the toughest schedule of all the teams fighting to get in. The Isles & Rangers will probably win all their last games. I want them to get in real bad... but my fear is 8th place going against the loaded Pens team without our #1 centre..
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by Ev on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:22 pm

    sandysensfan wrote:
    Ev wrote:There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

    Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.

    Well Boston lost to that undermanned Pens team last night... when they should have waxed them considering they had their full lineup (minus Lucic).

    Yes they won 4 in a row... but they have the toughest schedule of all the teams fighting to get in. The Isles & Rangers will probably win all their last games. I want them to get in real bad... but my fear is 8th place going against the loaded Pens team without our #1 centre..

    No, they don't. EVERY game is tough this time of year. Players are playing for jobs. The game tomorrow will mean NOTHING to Pittsburgh (they were playing to clinch the East yesterday, they did it) and the game against Washington will probably mean NOTHING as well.

    There is no toughest/easiest schedule. Every team in the league can win, and a lot of teams will be resting their stars.

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 65
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by sandysensfan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 pm

    Ev wrote:
    sandysensfan wrote:
    Ev wrote:There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

    Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.

    Well Boston lost to that undermanned Pens team last night... when they should have waxed them considering they had their full lineup (minus Lucic).

    Yes they won 4 in a row... but they have the toughest schedule of all the teams fighting to get in. The Isles & Rangers will probably win all their last games. I want them to get in real bad... but my fear is 8th place going against the loaded Pens team without our #1 centre..

    No, they don't. EVERY game is tough this time of year. Players are playing for jobs. The game tomorrow will mean NOTHING to Pittsburgh (they were playing to clinch the East yesterday, they did it) and the game against Washington will probably mean NOTHING as well.

    There is no toughest/easiest schedule. Every team in the league can win, and a lot of teams will be resting their stars.

    Boston game they will be fighting to keep ahead of the Habs. Wash will be fighting to keep ahead of the Jets.. Philly is playing for pride.. Pens are just tough and deep.. It will be harder for the Sens to beat Boston & Pitt than it will be for Isles & Rangers to beat up on Flor, Caro, or Buff.. But if the Sens get in.. it may be 8th place... then play the powerhouse Pens..
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by LeCaptain on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:14 pm

    sandysensfan wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    sandysensfan wrote:
    Ev wrote:There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

    Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.

    Well Boston lost to that undermanned Pens team last night... when they should have waxed them considering they had their full lineup (minus Lucic).

    Yes they won 4 in a row... but they have the toughest schedule of all the teams fighting to get in. The Isles & Rangers will probably win all their last games. I want them to get in real bad... but my fear is 8th place going against the loaded Pens team without our #1 centre..

    No, they don't. EVERY game is tough this time of year. Players are playing for jobs. The game tomorrow will mean NOTHING to Pittsburgh (they were playing to clinch the East yesterday, they did it) and the game against Washington will probably mean NOTHING as well.

    There is no toughest/easiest schedule. Every team in the league can win, and a lot of teams will be resting their stars.

    Boston game they will be fighting to keep ahead of the Habs. Wash will be fighting to keep ahead of the Jets.. Philly is playing for pride.. Pens are just tough and deep.. It will be harder for the Sens to beat Boston & Pitt than it will be for Isles & Rangers to beat up on Flor, Caro, or Buff.. But if the Sens get in.. it may be 8th place... then play the powerhouse Pens..

    CHeck who we beat and who we lost to in the last 10 games.
    We're in and we will finish 6th or 5th, not 8th
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54245
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:36 pm

    LeKing wrote:
    sandysensfan wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    sandysensfan wrote:
    Ev wrote:There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

    Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.

    Well Boston lost to that undermanned Pens team last night... when they should have waxed them considering they had their full lineup (minus Lucic).

    Yes they won 4 in a row... but they have the toughest schedule of all the teams fighting to get in. The Isles & Rangers will probably win all their last games. I want them to get in real bad... but my fear is 8th place going against the loaded Pens team without our #1 centre..

    No, they don't. EVERY game is tough this time of year. Players are playing for jobs. The game tomorrow will mean NOTHING to Pittsburgh (they were playing to clinch the East yesterday, they did it) and the game against Washington will probably mean NOTHING as well.

    There is no toughest/easiest schedule. Every team in the league can win, and a lot of teams will be resting their stars.

    Boston game they will be fighting to keep ahead of the Habs. Wash will be fighting to keep ahead of the Jets.. Philly is playing for pride.. Pens are just tough and deep.. It will be harder for the Sens to beat Boston & Pitt than it will be for Isles & Rangers to beat up on Flor, Caro, or Buff.. But if the Sens get in.. it may be 8th place... then play the powerhouse Pens..

    CHeck who we beat and who we lost to in the last 10 games.
    We're in and we will finish 6th or 5th, not 8th

    Yes, this makes me feel better about it.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by Ev on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:04 pm

    Yeah if they finish 7th and Boston finished 2nd then it's a quick first round exit.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by shabbs on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:18 pm

    Bah. That sucked. It sucks losing. It sucks even more losing to the Leafs. It sucks even more losing to the Leafs in your own house. It sucks the MOST losing to the Leafs in your own house and having them clinch a playoff spot because of it.

    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by shabbs on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:56 pm

    Clearly the issue was that this thread was started in the General section...
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47676
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by wprager on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:37 pm

    sandysensfan wrote:
    Ev wrote:There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

    Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.

    Well Boston lost to that undermanned Pens team last night... when they should have waxed them considering they had their full lineup (minus Lucic).

    Yes they won 4 in a row... but they have the toughest schedule of all the teams fighting to get in. The Isles & Rangers will probably win all their last games. I want them to get in real bad... but my fear is 8th place going against the loaded Pens team without our #1 centre..

    Exactly! So that whole argument you had about guaranteed losses to the Pens and Bruins just doesn't hold water. Boston is a struggling team right now.


    Last edited by wprager on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47676
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by wprager on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:41 pm

    sandysensfan wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    sandysensfan wrote:
    Ev wrote:There is no chance they miss the playoffs. Jesus. The Pittsburgh game tomorrow has no stars in the lineup at all except Iginla and they have NOTHING to play for.

    Holy Dung Sens fans need to get it together. They just won 4 in a row and lost last night. Big whoopty doo.

    Well Boston lost to that undermanned Pens team last night... when they should have waxed them considering they had their full lineup (minus Lucic).

    Yes they won 4 in a row... but they have the toughest schedule of all the teams fighting to get in. The Isles & Rangers will probably win all their last games. I want them to get in real bad... but my fear is 8th place going against the loaded Pens team without our #1 centre..

    No, they don't. EVERY game is tough this time of year. Players are playing for jobs. The game tomorrow will mean NOTHING to Pittsburgh (they were playing to clinch the East yesterday, they did it) and the game against Washington will probably mean NOTHING as well.

    There is no toughest/easiest schedule. Every team in the league can win, and a lot of teams will be resting their stars.

    Boston game they will be fighting to keep ahead of the Habs. Wash will be fighting to keep ahead of the Jets.. Philly is playing for pride.. Pens are just tough and deep.. It will be harder for the Sens to beat Boston & Pitt than it will be for Isles & Rangers to beat up on Flor, Caro, or Buff.. But if the Sens get in.. it may be 8th place... then play the powerhouse Pens..

    Flyers playing for pride? A goalie who says he doesn't care if he is bought out and a coach who probably lost the room a while back.

    Remember that, even though we lost, we put up 50 shots on the Leafs, thoroughly outplaying them (shots, hits, takeaways) in the process. Sucks to lose, of course, but combine that we two really strong games at the tail end of the losing streak and the Sens have been playing pretty good hockey of later.

    And a certain #65 just might make his appearance soon. I think he'll play tomorrow.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 20th, 2013

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 am