Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Share

    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by LeCaptain on Sun May 12, 2013 12:27 pm


    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47957
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by wprager on Sun May 12, 2013 1:19 pm

    LeKing wrote:

    Very appropriate for our, ahem, dwarf line of Conacher-Pageau-Condra (although Condra is 6'0" -- can the "Hoff" play right?)

    Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1680
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by Number Twenty Nine on Sun May 12, 2013 1:24 pm

    Hoags wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Hoags wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

    Except PIT are a dirty team with the Cooker and Letang leading the way.

    That's my biggest concern. They're a dirty team and they get away with it. Letang even crosschecked a linesman and nothing.

    There will be injuries.

    The excuses have already started Laugh1

    What excuses ? How many players of ours have they taken out over the years?



    They've taken out Alfie, Michalek and Karlsson to my recollection over the years.
    avatar
    Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1680
    Age : 95
    Location : Forth Worth, Texas
    Favorite Team : Dallas
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by Number Twenty Nine on Sun May 12, 2013 1:26 pm

    But the Expert did did smoke Leopold as well....so there's that....
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47957
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by wprager on Sun May 12, 2013 1:27 pm

    So, Spezza was practicing with the team. He wasn't part of any of the 4 lines, but it was a full practice. I'm telling you right now, if the series starts Wednesday he could be in the lineup, but more likely it will be the first home game (to get more favorable match-ups).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47957
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by wprager on Sun May 12, 2013 1:28 pm

    Number Twenty Nine wrote:
    Hoags wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Hoags wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

    Except PIT are a dirty team with the Cooker and Letang leading the way.

    That's my biggest concern. They're a dirty team and they get away with it. Letang even crosschecked a linesman and nothing.

    There will be injuries.

    The excuses have already started Laugh1

    What excuses ? How many players of ours have they taken out over the years?



    They've taken out Alfie, Michalek and Karlsson to my recollection over the years.

    Letang on Spezza -- he missed something like 18 games.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47957
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by wprager on Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm

    Number Twenty Nine wrote:But the Expert did did smoke Leopold as well....so there's that....



    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by shabbs on Sun May 12, 2013 1:37 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Number Twenty Nine wrote:But the Expert did did smoke Leopold as well....so there's that....

    Now that's a deep sleep there brah.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20865
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by Ev on Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 pm

    Hoags wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Hoags wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

    Except PIT are a dirty team with the Cooker and Letang leading the way.

    That's my biggest concern. They're a dirty team and they get away with it. Letang even crosschecked a linesman and nothing.

    There will be injuries.

    The excuses have already started Laugh1

    What excuses ? How many players of ours have they taken out over the years?

    And that makes them dirty? Cowen just took out Pacioretty.

    Classic Hoags.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20865
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by Ev on Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 pm

    Apparently the only edge we have is in goal. LOOOL

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by NEELY on Sun May 12, 2013 2:50 pm

    Ev wrote:Apparently the only edge we have is in goal. LOOOL

    D and goal, anyone saying Pitt has the better D group is kidding themselves.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by rooneypoo on Sun May 12, 2013 2:57 pm

    Ev wrote:Apparently the only edge we have is in goal. LOOOL

    If we're being honest about this...

    Goal: OTT > PIT
    D: OTT > PIT
    Fs: OTT < PIT
    Toughness: OTT = PIT (maybe OTT > PIT?)
    Speed: OTT > PIT
    PP: OTT < PIT
    PK: OTT > PIT
    F/O: OTT < PIT
    Defensive play: OTT > PIT
    Goal production: OTT < PIT
    Experience: OTT < PIT

    OTT: 5
    PIT: 5
    Ties: 1

    On paper, it looks like this should be a close matchup. Gonna be a 6 or 7 game series either way, I'd say.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47957
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by wprager on Sun May 12, 2013 3:14 pm

    NEELY wrote:
    Ev wrote:Apparently the only edge we have is in goal. LOOOL

    D and goal, anyone saying Pitt has the better D group is kidding themselves.

    Last time the two met up in the playoffs the Sens were (IMO) outcoached. They won 2 of 3 games on the road but lost all three at home. After the split in the opening two games, they came back home and Clouston put Spezza out against Crosby -- I don't know why he did that, but it cost them the series.

    This time around I don't think they will be outcoached. They also won't be out-dueled in goal, and they've been fantastic at home, so I doubt they lose 3 like that again.

    They'll need to stay out of the penalty box while maintaining the physical edge. Not a simple task, since the refs appear to be extra sensitive after the Eller incident.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    sens4win
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1498
    Age : 24
    Location : London
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-01-03

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by sens4win on Sun May 12, 2013 3:23 pm

    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13614
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sun May 12, 2013 3:51 pm

    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:Further to that, Hoffman hasn't played in quite a while. I'd rather Spezza, in that case.

    Obviously, but my post was under the assumption that Spezza isn't ready for Game 1. Kassian isn't needed against Pittsburgh IMO, but hatever they do I will be on board with.

    Kassian has played well and filled his role well as a 4th liner. No reason to take him out for a guy with no NHL playoff experience until we lose a game or Kassian gives a reason to take him out IMO.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20865
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by Ev on Sun May 12, 2013 3:53 pm

    rooneypoo wrote:
    Ev wrote:Apparently the only edge we have is in goal. LOOOL

    If we're being honest about this...

    Goal: OTT > PIT
    D: OTT > PIT
    Fs: OTT < PIT
    Toughness: OTT = PIT (maybe OTT > PIT?)
    Speed: OTT > PIT
    PP: OTT < PIT
    PK: OTT > PIT
    F/O: OTT < PIT
    Defensive play: OTT > PIT
    Goal production: OTT < PIT
    Experience: OTT < PIT

    OTT: 5
    PIT: 5
    Ties: 1

    On paper, it looks like this should be a close matchup. Gonna be a 6 or 7 game series either way, I'd say.

    Post this on Dobber because apparently I am a moron for saying the same thing.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by rooneypoo on Sun May 12, 2013 3:56 pm

    Ev wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    Ev wrote:Apparently the only edge we have is in goal. LOOOL

    If we're being honest about this...

    Goal: OTT > PIT
    D: OTT > PIT
    Fs: OTT < PIT
    Toughness: OTT = PIT (maybe OTT > PIT?)
    Speed: OTT > PIT
    PP: OTT < PIT
    PK: OTT > PIT
    F/O: OTT < PIT
    Defensive play: OTT > PIT
    Goal production: OTT < PIT
    Experience: OTT < PIT

    OTT: 5
    PIT: 5
    Ties: 1

    On paper, it looks like this should be a close matchup. Gonna be a 6 or 7 game series either way, I'd say.

    Post this on Dobber because apparently I am a moron for saying the same thing.

    The new guy who did the Rambles this morning called for an OTT victory, too. Smile
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun May 12, 2013 4:34 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Number Twenty Nine wrote:
    Hoags wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Hoags wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

    Except PIT are a dirty team with the Cooker and Letang leading the way.

    That's my biggest concern. They're a dirty team and they get away with it. Letang even crosschecked a linesman and nothing.

    There will be injuries.

    The excuses have already started Laugh1

    What excuses ? How many players of ours have they taken out over the years?



    They've taken out Alfie, Michalek and Karlsson to my recollection over the years.

    Letang on Spezza -- he missed something like 18 games.

    Dirty. Just like I said.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:42 pm