General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54125
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:26 am

So the reality is Fletcher will have to create some cap flexibility. Not everybody can come back. There will be trades, potential buyouts, etc. As I reported in todays newspaper, Dany Heatley cant be bought out because he is as of now deemed an injured player. He is doing well in his rehab and expected to be ready by training camp Quote: Fletcher says hes been talking to anyone and everyone. It really wouldnt shock me if Clutterbuck were to be traded. Hes got value and has an expiring contract. I hear the Wilds been actively looking to trade Zenon Konopka. I also think if you do the math, if Tom Gilbert isnt traded, my gut says he will be a compliance buyout just because its an easy way to get $4 million in flexibility. wrote:

Per Michael Russo
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:26 am

lol at Heatley not being able to be bought out. And Clutterbuck will be very popular.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 am

Carolina open to trading the 5th overall as well as 'former untouchable' players. Hmmm...

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:35 am

When was the last time a top 5 pick was traded for any short term fix? Would have to take a serious offer.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:35 am

I would assume so, yeah.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16159
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Couture's contract extension is 5 yrs, $6M per. Comes into effect after next season.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:08 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Couture's contract extension is 5 yrs, $6M per. Comes into effect after next season.

For that kind of loot, I thought there'd be more term, but still nice to have a young stud like that locked up.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:32 pm

6 years, 4.167 per year for Voynov in LA. Very nice deal for both parties.

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 3187
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

Post by sandysensfan on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:55 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

Per Michael Russo

========================

I read somewhere else.. that there is also a short buyout window around arbitration. But that means one of the Wild's RFA's with arbitration rights has to file for it or the team does... to get the buyout option for Heatley... they think he will be healthy by then.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47513
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Sandy, please stop doing what you're doing. Just use the non-wysiwyg editing option until this is fixed. I keep going around fixing all those posts (not just yours) but it's really simple to keep this from happening. Just click on the "Switch Editor Mode" icon (the last one, you see its name if you hover over it) and then you can put your text *after* the closing quote tag.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Or you can use the non-wysiwyg mode to start your reply, then switch back (when there's already text after the closing quote tag it lets you cursor to it.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13565

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:00 pm

wprager wrote:Or you can use the non-wysiwyg mode to start your reply, then switch back (when there's already text after the closing quote tag it lets you cursor to it.

Neat.

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:28 am

Apparently Bryzgalov's agent said that Holmgren told him he wasn't being bought out after the Cup Final. I believe compliance buyouts are available next year, too. So they're taking a wait-and-see attitude, see who is available.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:33 am

And then Holmgren goes: I didn't assure Ritch Winter of anything. We will do whatever is best for our team.

Bobby got to him.

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 am

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/sources-flyers-interested-deal-ducks-ryan

I'll just leave this here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:59 am