NHL 2013 Draft

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: NHL 2013 Draft

Post by Ev on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:31 pm

yeah I'm kicking myself for not predicting this. Seems like the perfect player that Murray and them love. Love Gauthier too but Lazar looks legit.

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm not gonna lie, before the draft I saw right handed shot and under PPG so I skipped Laugh1 
    Then I learnt after the pick that he scored 30 goals in the last 45 games Vertigo

EDIT: He said in his interview that he wasn't the go to guy offensively and next year he expects to express himself more on offence Ahhhhh! 
    Radio dude in Edmonton also said Samuelsson didn't pass the puck enough so that's why his line didn't score more.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:57 pm

LeKing wrote:All the interviews about Lazar in the Team 1200 are making me very pumped the Diddle up

People say amazing things about him and also about Harpur and Lindberg.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by LeCaptain on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:03 pm

He was not in the top 11 though. More like top 15 according to Dorion. But that's fine.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:07 pm

BO Cussing Horvat for Corey Schneider. Bo Cussing Horvat. Diddle you for giving New Jersey a goalie for free
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Ev wrote:BO Cussing Horvat for Corey Schneider. Bo Cussing Horvat. Diddle you for giving New Jersey a goalie for free

Ridiculous.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Alain Vigneault got shafted for this moron
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:20 pm

He does look like Neiler, A LOT.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Vincent Dunn describes himself as a Brad Marchand player. Will play for Gatineau next season
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:35 am

Youngest player in the draft? Born Sep 14

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:39 am

M_Christopher wrote:Big boy, looks bigger then his profile lists, apparently.

Can never have too many Swedish Goalies.

My favorite pick in this draft by the Sens. This is a guy that's going to have all the time in the world to develop and fine tune his game. The amount of depth in goal is unreal in Ottawa, between this kid, Drieger, and Brassard. They will pull at least 1 NHLer from these guys and that's all you need. Bingo and Ottawa are set.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 am

As for Lazar... just a solid pick, sure fire NHLer and a Canadian kid. Noesen and Lazar could be the toughest line in the NHL to play against one day playing the type of game they do. Could very well be Noesen/Zibanejad/Lazar in a year. That would be a tough line to stop each night.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:31 am

This is also the same old story for the Sens draft day. Draft the kid they like best. Check. Make sure goaltender depth is a strength. Check. Make sure you take local kid. Check. Draft NCAA guys in the late rounds so they play their full 4 years. Check. Draft a random Swede. Check.

This formula is working so why change it up? Fact is this is what they are doing, they draft kids from Jr, NCAA, and the SEL or jr SEL. This allows for the Sens to develop 2 or 3 times more guys than the regular franchises who have their bread and butter in certain places. You have your jr guys and NCAA grads developing in Bingo and learning the team system, you have NCAA guys that are no where near ready developing for 3, 4 years without taking up a contract or roster spot down in Bingo. Then you have some other kids in Sweden who get a couple years to settle in and learn the game and about the franchise at home without the pressure of coming over.

At this point you are just hoping guys can become depth players and fill into the organization when needed. Good draft for the Sens, pretty safe picks for the most part but a lot of projects aside from Lazar.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 am

The depth is insane. I don't think we're gonna sign any UFA bottom 6 players for the next decade.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47671
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:56 am

So, as most of us knew/thought/feared/predicted Murray didn't make any moves. It took Schneider to get #9 and, speaking objectively, Schneider has to be worth more than Lehner at this stage in their respective careers. Lehner is still seen as a bit of a hot-head and has not been proven nearly as much as Schneider.

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:59 am

NEELY wrote:As for Lazar... just a solid pick, sure fire NHLer and a Canadian kid.  Noesen and Lazar could be the toughest line in the NHL to play against one day playing the type of game they do.  Could very well be Noesen/Zibanejad/Lazar in a year.  That would be a tough line to stop each night.

Playoff line right there. Great skaters, physical and lethal shots.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:03 am

LeKing wrote:The depth is insane. I don't think we're gonna sign any UFA bottom 6 players for the next decade.

Will any of them develop into that top-six left winger that we need right now, or that 1LC that we will need in 3-4 years? We're not going to get that from the UFA market as we just aren't a draw and Melnyk is not going to overpay (unless it's an aging Russian 1LC). And we certainly aren't going to get a top-line player in a "value for volume" trade.

Sooner or later we have to take chances on high-skillset players that aren't "just a solid pick, sure fire NHLer and a Canadian kid". Would need a bunch of them in the system because most will bust.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:03 am

LeKing wrote:
    NEELY wrote:As for Lazar... just a solid pick, sure fire NHLer and a Canadian kid.  Noesen and Lazar could be the toughest line in the NHL to play against one day playing the type of game they do.  Could very well be Noesen/Zibanejad/Lazar in a year.  That would be a tough line to stop each night.

Playoff line right there. Great skaters, physical and lethal shots.

You could say he has a lazar of a shot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:38 am