General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47513
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:02 pm

sandysensfan wrote:This will bring a smile to the faces of Sens fans after and up and down summer of who left.. and BR coming in...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH/Kadri-Fires-Back/6/53532
    I was actually about to discuss this -- didn't see the HockeyBuzz blog but I saw the re-tweet from someone I follow.  According to Alter they asked for $6Mx6 but are willing to settle for $5Mx6 to help the club out of a tight spot.  Awww, how nice of them.  I realize it's not his fault that Nonis can't add, but the Leafs have about $5M for Kadri and Franson, and Kadri just showed that after a short season he had little left in the tank for the playoffs (if he contributed maybe they beat the Bruins, hmm?)  So to give Kadri $5M (which he doesn't deserve on a long term) they have to demote Gardiner, move/waive one of Orr/Frazer and possibly make another move.  And the reason that the Leafs feel they need Frazer *and* Orr is because of player *like* Kadri.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by rooneypoo on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:42 pm

wprager wrote:
    sandysensfan wrote:This will bring a smile to the faces of Sens fans after and up and down summer of who left.. and BR coming in...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH/Kadri-Fires-Back/6/53532
    I was actually about to discuss this -- didn't see the HockeyBuzz blog but I saw the re-tweet from someone I follow.  According to Alter they asked for $6Mx6 but are willing to settle for $5Mx6 to help the club out of a tight spot.  Awww, how nice of them.  I realize it's not his fault that Nonis can't add, but the Leafs have about $5M for Kadri and Frattin, and Kadri just showed that after a short season he had little left in the tank for the playoffs (if he contributed maybe they beat the Bruins, hmm?)  So to give Kadri $5M (which he doesn't deserve on a long term) they have to demote Gardiner, move/waive one of Orr/Frazer and possibly make another move.  And the reason that the Leafs feel they need Frazer *and* Orr is because of player *like* Kadri.

TOR has to pay Frattin to play for LAK? What a brutal arrangement.

Sarcasm 

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 pm

It's Franson not Frattin
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:55 pm

LeKing wrote:It's Franson not Frattin
    Yes, it is. Sarcasm 

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 pm

wprager wrote:
    LeKing wrote:It's Franson not Frattin
    Yes, it is. Sarcasm 
    And you wonder why you get minused Sarcasm
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:45 am

wprager wrote:Perhaps he was talking UFA only, so all of the above don't count.
    Oh, that makes more sense. My vote for best off-season acquisition is MacArthur. Sarcasm
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:40 am

spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:Perhaps he was talking UFA only, so all of the above don't count.
    Oh, that makes more sense. My vote for best off-season acquisition is MacArthur. Sarcasm
    Bang for the buck, perhaps, who knows. Michalek gets injured in camp and CMac ends up with Spezza and Rayn then goes on to a career season.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 am

spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    spader wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    wprager wrote:Grabovski to the Caps; $3M (plus whatever he's making on the buy out -- he made $5.5M last year).
    More than I thought he'd get and a solid pick up for Washington. He'll put up 40 and he'll be one of the best off-season acquisitions IMO
    In six NHL seasons he's scored a total of 94 goals. The chances of improving on his best season by 11 is pretty silly (he had 29 in 10/11). My guess is that he plays well and scores 20+ goals and 50ish points, since he's demonstrated that he's basically a 25/25/50 player.
    Don't think he meant 40 goals, just 40 points.
    If he's one of the best off-season acquisitions with 40 points, then this off-season was a bust.
    I did mean UFA signing. MacArthur is up there as well, obviously. Grabo has the ability to be a dynamic player, especially if he's on the PP with Ovi, etc
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:37 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    I did mean UFA signing. MacArthur is up there as well, obviously. Grabo has the ability to be a dynamic player, especially if he's on the PP with Ovi, etc
    Heh-heh, where do you place one Daniel Alfredsson, then?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54125
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Kadri asking for 5 x 6 is the definition of a Cussing joke. How about no? Prove you can do it for more than a half season first. Bridge contract, take it or sit out punk.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:05 pm

wprager wrote:Anyone listen to the Luongo interview on TSN yet (they are airing it in parts, not all together).  Apparently when the trade fell through he cried in front of Gillis.  Then he went to the PA contemplating walking away from the $40M he has left on that contract.  

So why doesn't he just renegotiate the contract?  Lots of cases where contracts were negotiated upward, to the players' benefit; why not renegotiate it lower, again, to the player's benefit?
    This Luongo story is getting old fast. He cried? Shut up and play goal. Damn...
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Henrique signed a 6 year, 24 million deal. Someone ptobably mentioned it o. Here, but I didn't see it.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Henrique contract -- $4M per year for 6 years. Nazem Kadri wanted $6M x 6 and is willing to settle for $5M x 6.

Henrique NHL Totals:
    117 games, 27/40/67, 23 PIM
    Playoffs: 24 games, 5/8/12

Nazem Kadri NHL Totals:
    99 games, 26/37/63, 39 PIM
    Playoffs: 7 games, 1/3/4

Kadri's PPG is better but let's not forget this is the New Jersey Devils. He'd have more points on a different team.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:10 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Henrique signed a 6 year, 24 million deal.  Someone ptobably mentioned it o. Here, but I didn't see it.  
    I think you and I saw it at about the same time. Don't think it's been mentioned yet. I'm trolling @43_Kadri over his expectations. I wonder if he'll bite.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24741
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:00 pm

wprager wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Henrique signed a 6 year, 24 million deal.  Someone ptobably mentioned it o. Here, but I didn't see it.  
    I think you and I saw it at about the same time.  Don't think it's been mentioned yet.  I'm trolling @43_Kadri over his expectations.  I wonder if he'll bite.
    Any updates?
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:36 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Kadri asking for 5 x 6 is the definition of a Cussing joke.    How about no?  Prove you can do it for more than a half season first.  Bridge contract, take it or sit out punk.  
    A delicious joke. I hope he holds out and causes a season long distraction. Eat it, Laffs.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:49 pm

It will be like the Subban situation, he will sit out, realize he isn't getting paid or playing, and sign a 1 year or 2 year deal and see how things go after that. Clock work.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24741
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:55 pm

NEELY wrote:It will be like the Subban situation, he will sit out, realize he isn't getting paid or playing, and sign a 1 year or 2 year deal and see how things go after that.  Clock work.
    Like P.K. Cowen?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:01 am