You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Leafs are 5-1?!?!?!?!?

WTF!

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:Oilers aren't giving up Yak for a pending UFA with 1 good knee, and a constantly injured slow prospect and Andy.

Maybe if he reaches Filatov levels of fail years from now
ya but what's the market out there..? Reimer? with the defence in edmonton he's going to look like Dubnyk. overpay for Miller only for him to hit the FA market in the summer??? I doubt Halak gets traded now, they want to keep him, elliott isn't what they need and they're not giving Jake allen away either so St-louis is out... so yeah Andersson would have a significant value to them. maybe they throw a bit of money at Bryz and hope the Dung sticks to the wall... true edmonton fashion...
they should of gone the tim thomas way.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:Oilers aren't giving up Yak for a pending UFA with 1 good knee, and a constantly injured slow prospect and Andy.

ya but what's the market out there..? Reimer? with the defence in edmonton he's going to look like Dubnyk. overpay for Miller only for him to hit the FA market in the summer??? I doubt Halak gets traded now, they want to keep him, elliott isn't what they need and they're not giving Jake allen away either so St-louis is out... so yeah Andersson would have a significant value to them. maybe they throw a bit of money at Bryz and hope the Dung sticks to the wall... true edmonton fashion...
I think Bryz will be there within the next couple of weeks.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:

I doubt Thomas would sign there.

They'll go for a low risk option like Elliott or Bryz.

It would be Cowen and Andy if were involved and I also doubt they'd want another Russian although Eugene's wallet would love that trade.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:Well you wouldn't give Anderson away either, why would you?  Lehner is clearly ready to be an NHL goaltender and a starting 1 at that, the guy is probably the best goaltender in Ottawa right now and that's not a knock on Anderson, that's a compliment to Lehner.

In a little over a week when Dubnyk and Labarbra, after they let in a baker's dozen in 2 games they are probably going to be willing to do anything to get a goaltender who can be a #1.  If you could give up Michalek, Stone, and Anderson for Yakupov you do it.  I'm not a fan of Russian's for the most part but that's a move you make every day especially if it's for 2 guys who don't have a long term future in Ottawa.  
Have you seen the latest quote from him after being benched?

“I really don’t like skating all the time & forechecking & hitting somebody every shift.”
Sorry, unless you ave a 3-way trade of some sort lined up, you don't trade for this guy.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Yakupov doing nothing to dispel the stereotype.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Well you wouldn't give Anderson away either, why would you?  Lehner is clearly ready to be an NHL goaltender and a starting 1 at that, the guy is probably the best goaltender in Ottawa right now and that's not a knock on Anderson, that's a compliment to Lehner.

In a little over a week when Dubnyk and Labarbra, after they let in a baker's dozen in 2 games they are probably going to be willing to do anything to get a goaltender who can be a #1.  If you could give up Michalek, Stone, and Anderson for Yakupov you do it.  I'm not a fan of Russian's for the most part but that's a move you make every day especially if it's for 2 guys who don't have a long term future in Ottawa.  

“I really don’t like skating all the time & forechecking & hitting somebody every shift.”
Sorry, unless you ave a 3-way trade of some sort lined up, you don't trade for this guy.
Did he say that in context. Because if he did...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Did he say that in context.  Because if he did...
ouch! he just hurt his trade value. so it be yak and their 1st for andy?Sarcasm 

NEELY

Mod
Mod
There is no way Edmonton doesn't give up a kings ransom for a goalie...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I've never seen a worse run team in my life. Holy Dung, what were you thinking falling back on Labarbera? Are you really that stupid that you didn't get a goalie? You felt Nurse was better than getting Schneider or Bernier? Soooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
Ducks prospect Stefan Noesen has a torn ACL and MCL and is out for the season. Noesen was acquired from Ottawa this summer.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:I've never seen a worse run team in my life.  Holy Dung, what were you thinking falling back on Labarbera?  Are you really that stupid that you didn't get a goalie?  You felt Nurse was better than getting Schneider or Bernier?  Soooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.
in all honestly it was said that somehow VAN accepted a deal that was lesser than some other teams had offered. they didn't want to send him to EDM apparently but they had offered more.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Hobiesens wrote:Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
Ducks prospect Stefan Noesen has a torn ACL and MCL and is out for the season. Noesen was acquired from Ottawa this summer.
ouch! what was the other injury that sidelined him before?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Did he say that in context.  Because if he did...
There is *NO CONTEXT* in which that statement is OK, except if the quote starts with "One time, at hockey camp, I heard this guy say: "

xzel

Prospect
Prospect
I saw some of the retro graphics for that retro game. I'm sure most of you guys won't mind if NHL teams went back to those Razz.

Also spader, the Flames haven't won at Ducks home in like 6 years lol. I should know I've be able to attend most of those Facepalm 

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Uhhh, yah not sure I like that statement from Yakupov either... kind of shocking. May have just changed my tune about Anderson being traded for him or even the thought of it. The Russian factor still holds true.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
I would try and make a trade that involves Gagne for Anderson though... may need some insurance going forward for Spezza and even though Gagne isn't ideal and probably won't produce like Spezza did up until last season he's a solid player and would make the team better now and in the future.

Having a 1, 2, 3 of Turris, Gagne, and Zibanejad is pretty solid depth down the middle. Pageau fits in there as well but he's probably going to be more of a utility player.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I've never seen a worse run team in my life.  Holy Dung, what were you thinking falling back on Labarbera?  Are you really that stupid that you didn't get a goalie?  You felt Nurse was better than getting Schneider or Bernier?  Soooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.
in all honestly it was said that somehow VAN accepted a deal that was lesser than some other teams had offered. they didn't want to send him to EDM apparently but they had offered more.
Yeah, true. The price was much higher for Edmonton.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum