General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by shabbs on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Leafs are 5-1?!?!?!?!?

WTF!

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12926
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Hoags wrote:Oilers aren't giving up Yak for a pending UFA with 1 good knee, and a constantly injured slow prospect and Andy.

Maybe if he reaches Filatov levels of fail years from now
    ya but what's the market out there..? Reimer? with the defence in edmonton he's going to look like Dubnyk. overpay for Miller only for him to hit the FA market in the summer??? I doubt Halak gets traded now, they want to keep him, elliott isn't what they need and they're not giving Jake allen away either so St-louis is out... so yeah Andersson would have a significant value to them. maybe they throw a bit of money at Bryz and hope the Dung sticks to the wall... true edmonton fashion...
    they should of gone the tim thomas way.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10038
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:21 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    Hoags wrote:Oilers aren't giving up Yak for a pending UFA with 1 good knee, and a constantly injured slow prospect and Andy.

ya but what's the market out there..? Reimer? with the defence in edmonton he's going to look like Dubnyk. overpay for Miller only for him to hit the FA market in the summer??? I doubt Halak gets traded now, they want to keep him, elliott isn't what they need and they're not giving Jake allen away either so St-louis is out... so yeah Andersson would have a significant value to them. maybe they throw a bit of money at Bryz and hope the Dung sticks to the wall... true edmonton fashion...
    I think Bryz will be there within the next couple of weeks.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:31 am

Flo The Action wrote:

I doubt Thomas would sign there.

They'll go for a low risk option like Elliott or Bryz.

It would be Cowen and Andy if were involved and I also doubt they'd want another Russian although Eugene's wallet would love that trade.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47674
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 am

NEELY wrote:Well you wouldn't give Anderson away either, why would you?  Lehner is clearly ready to be an NHL goaltender and a starting 1 at that, the guy is probably the best goaltender in Ottawa right now and that's not a knock on Anderson, that's a compliment to Lehner.

In a little over a week when Dubnyk and Labarbra, after they let in a baker's dozen in 2 games they are probably going to be willing to do anything to get a goaltender who can be a #1.  If you could give up Michalek, Stone, and Anderson for Yakupov you do it.  I'm not a fan of Russian's for the most part but that's a move you make every day especially if it's for 2 guys who don't have a long term future in Ottawa.  
    Have you seen the latest quote from him after being benched?

“I really don’t like skating all the time & forechecking & hitting somebody every shift.”
    Sorry, unless you ave a 3-way trade of some sort lined up, you don't trade for this guy.

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 am

Yakupov doing nothing to dispel the stereotype.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:57 am

wprager wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Well you wouldn't give Anderson away either, why would you?  Lehner is clearly ready to be an NHL goaltender and a starting 1 at that, the guy is probably the best goaltender in Ottawa right now and that's not a knock on Anderson, that's a compliment to Lehner.

In a little over a week when Dubnyk and Labarbra, after they let in a baker's dozen in 2 games they are probably going to be willing to do anything to get a goaltender who can be a #1.  If you could give up Michalek, Stone, and Anderson for Yakupov you do it.  I'm not a fan of Russian's for the most part but that's a move you make every day especially if it's for 2 guys who don't have a long term future in Ottawa.  

“I really don’t like skating all the time & forechecking & hitting somebody every shift.”
    Sorry, unless you ave a 3-way trade of some sort lined up, you don't trade for this guy.
    Did he say that in context. Because if he did...
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Did he say that in context.  Because if he did...
    ouch! he just hurt his trade value. so it be yak and their 1st for andy?Sarcasm 

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:29 pm

There is no way Edmonton doesn't give up a kings ransom for a goalie...
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:33 pm

I've never seen a worse run team in my life. Holy Dung, what were you thinking falling back on Labarbera? Are you really that stupid that you didn't get a goalie? You felt Nurse was better than getting Schneider or Bernier? Soooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.
    Hobiesens
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2008-11-06

Post by Hobiesens on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
    Ducks prospect Stefan Noesen has a torn ACL and MCL and is out for the season. Noesen was acquired from Ottawa this summer.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:21 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I've never seen a worse run team in my life.  Holy Dung, what were you thinking falling back on Labarbera?  Are you really that stupid that you didn't get a goalie?  You felt Nurse was better than getting Schneider or Bernier?  Soooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.
    in all honestly it was said that somehow VAN accepted a deal that was lesser than some other teams had offered. they didn't want to send him to EDM apparently but they had offered more.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Hobiesens wrote:Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
    Ducks prospect Stefan Noesen has a torn ACL and MCL and is out for the season. Noesen was acquired from Ottawa this summer.
    ouch! what was the other injury that sidelined him before?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47674
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:27 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Did he say that in context.  Because if he did...
    There is *NO CONTEXT* in which that statement is OK, except if the quote starts with "One time, at hockey camp, I heard this guy say: "

xzel
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 45
    Favorite Team : Calgary
    Registration date : 2013-09-19

Post by xzel on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:56 pm

I saw some of the retro graphics for that retro game. I'm sure most of you guys won't mind if NHL teams went back to those Razz.

Also spader, the Flames haven't won at Ducks home in like 6 years lol. I should know I've be able to attend most of those Facepalm 

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:33 am

Uhhh, yah not sure I like that statement from Yakupov either... kind of shocking. May have just changed my tune about Anderson being traded for him or even the thought of it. The Russian factor still holds true.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:03 am

I would try and make a trade that involves Gagne for Anderson though... may need some insurance going forward for Spezza and even though Gagne isn't ideal and probably won't produce like Spezza did up until last season he's a solid player and would make the team better now and in the future.

Having a 1, 2, 3 of Turris, Gagne, and Zibanejad is pretty solid depth down the middle. Pageau fits in there as well but he's probably going to be more of a utility player.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:I've never seen a worse run team in my life.  Holy Dung, what were you thinking falling back on Labarbera?  Are you really that stupid that you didn't get a goalie?  You felt Nurse was better than getting Schneider or Bernier?  Soooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.
    in all honestly it was said that somehow VAN accepted a deal that was lesser than some other teams had offered. they didn't want to send him to EDM apparently but they had offered more.
    Yeah, true. The price was much higher for Edmonton.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:21 am