General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by NEELY on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:33 am

Uhhh, yah not sure I like that statement from Yakupov either... kind of shocking. May have just changed my tune about Anderson being traded for him or even the thought of it. The Russian factor still holds true.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by NEELY on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:03 am

I would try and make a trade that involves Gagne for Anderson though... may need some insurance going forward for Spezza and even though Gagne isn't ideal and probably won't produce like Spezza did up until last season he's a solid player and would make the team better now and in the future.

Having a 1, 2, 3 of Turris, Gagne, and Zibanejad is pretty solid depth down the middle. Pageau fits in there as well but he's probably going to be more of a utility player.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54125
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:I've never seen a worse run team in my life.  Holy Dung, what were you thinking falling back on Labarbera?  Are you really that stupid that you didn't get a goalie?  You felt Nurse was better than getting Schneider or Bernier?  Soooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.
    in all honestly it was said that somehow VAN accepted a deal that was lesser than some other teams had offered. they didn't want to send him to EDM apparently but they had offered more.
    Yeah, true. The price was much higher for Edmonton.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:28 am

Hobiesens wrote:Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
    Ducks prospect Stefan Noesen has a torn ACL and MCL and is out for the season. Noesen was acquired from Ottawa this summer.
    Wow, that's a bad injury combo. Unfortunate for Noesen for sure.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24741
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:49 am

NEELY wrote:I would try and make a trade that involves Gagne for Anderson though... may need some insurance going forward for Spezza and even though Gagne isn't ideal and probably won't produce like Spezza did up until last season he's a solid player and would make the team better now and in the future.

Having a 1, 2, 3 of Turris, Gagne, and Zibanejad is pretty solid depth down the middle.  Pageau fits in there as well but he's probably going to be more of a utility player.
    I wonder if ROR still basically wants out of Colorado and would Ottawa be able to make that move?

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:52 am

They aren't touching that Colorado team... if things go into the tank a little maybe they move O'Reily but new coach, new GM, new everything. Whatever happened the last few years there is completely forgotten at this point.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:54 am

NEELY wrote:They aren't touching that Colorado team... if things go into the tank a little maybe they move O'Reily but new coach, new GM, new everything.  Whatever happened the last few years there is completely forgotten at this point.  
    That's what I thought too. Patty Roy for real?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47513
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    NEELY wrote:They aren't touching that Colorado team... if things go into the tank a little maybe they move O'Reily but new coach, new GM, new everything.  Whatever happened the last few years there is completely forgotten at this point.  
    That's what I thought too. Patty Roy for real?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 
    Another ex-Hab started 6-0 in his coaching career (which St. Patrick can match tonight). But then he left his #1 in for 9 goals against and the rest, as they say, is history.

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 3187
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

Post by sandysensfan on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:38 pm

shabbs wrote:Leafs are 5-1?!?!?!?!?

WTF!
    But look at their opponents compared to who the Sens have played and you will have your answer.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Laughing3 Apparently Bryzgalov is in talks with Edmonton, NY Rangers and Minnesota. I can't help but laugh.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:23 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Laughing3 Apparently Bryzgalov is in talks with Edmonton, NY Rangers and Minnesota.  I can't help but laugh.
    Laugh at what? Like I said before this guy was scapegoated because he's eccentric. How are the Flyers doing since he left? He's showing a lot of pride by staying in North America to prove himself.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:37 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Laughing3 Apparently Bryzgalov is in talks with Edmonton, NY Rangers and Minnesota.  I can't help but laugh.
    Laugh at what? Like I said before this guy was scapegoated because he's eccentric. How are the Flyers doing since he left? He's showing a lot of pride by staying in North America to prove himself.
    I agree. Also, as I said somewhere before, I expect to see him in Edmonton within the next week or two.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8457
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:39 pm

I was in detroit this weekend and caught the philly/wings game. Saw alfie record 3A and play in a red wings jersey in person....it was surreal. He was 3rd star of the game. I cried a little.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:47 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    He's a headcase. I guess he'd be fine in Edmonton - who cares really. If anyone doesn't think he's a headcase...probably should download 24/7 for a brief taste.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Not sure if Bryz would do well under Eakins, but he'd certainly be an upgrade over Dubnyk. Heh.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Bobby Mac says the Oil are after Miller. Are they reinserting Yak to showcase him?
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20693
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Makes some sense as Yakupov and Grigorenko are very familiarwith eeach other
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20693
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Goalies are allowed yo be headcases

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:54 am