General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Share

    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by spader on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:53 pm

    Bobby Mac says the Oil are after Miller. Are they reinserting Yak to showcase him?

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Ev on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:01 pm

    Makes some sense as Yakupov and Grigorenko are very familiarwith eeach other

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Ev on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:02 pm

    Goalies are allowed yo be headcases
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:08 pm

    Leafs have 2 goals on 3 shots vs the Wild in the 1st. Minny has 19 shots. Leafs up 2-1. Crazy. Kuemper in net for Minny.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:53 pm

    Lapierre gonna be sitting for a few games after this tonight... hope Boyle is ok.

    http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/10/15/4843002/dan-boyle-taken-off-on-stretcher-after-hit-from-maxim-lapierre
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Ev on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:14 pm

    Crosby already at 12 points in 6 games...could be set for a career year
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48301
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:25 am

    Just two undefeated teams remain after San Jose rolled over the Blues 6-2. The Sharks and the Avalanche are 6-0 to start the season. The only other team without a regulation loss -- the Calgary Flames. Weird season.

    Sens in a playoff spot (barely, on the strength of having 2 ROWs vs. only 1 for the Islanders) after a 6 game road trip to open the season; I'll take it but definitely have to build from here.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16493
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:39 am

    So the Leafs are off to a 6-1 start...just like their hot start from a couple years ago. So, who have they beaten?

    The Habs, Flyers, Sens (shootout), Nashville, Oilers (OT), and the Wild. Not exactly Grade A competition, considering how the Sens have been playing. Just like a couple years ago...their schedule was soft to start the year. And y'know what? We might be hearing about the Leafs for a while yet...their schedule doesn't get tough until December.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:45 am

    Leafs face Carolina, Chicago and Anaheim in their next three games. Those will be tougher tests for them. 3 game losing streak? Heh heh.
    avatar
    ddt
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 452
    Age : 49
    Location : Aylmer
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by ddt on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:46 am

    wprager wrote:Just two undefeated teams remain after San Jose rolled over the Blues 6-2. The Sharks and the Avalanche are 6-0 to start the season. The only other team without a regulation loss -- the Calgary Flames. Weird season.

    Sens in a playoff spot (barely, on the strength of having 2 ROWs vs. only 1 for the Islanders) after a 6 game road trip to open the season; I'll take it but definitely have to build from here.
    The divisional standings no longer have anything to do with the playoffs. As of right now, the Sens are out...

    http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=WC#&navid=nav-stn-conf
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:50 am

    Yep. Gotta watch the wild card. Top 3 from each Div then the next two based on points etc...
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13346
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 am

    shabbs wrote:Yep. Gotta watch the wild card. Top 3 from each Div then the next two based on points etc...
    such Dung.... especially in the east. they should just do the top 8 of each conference.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48301
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:05 am

    ddt wrote:
    wprager wrote:Just two undefeated teams remain after San Jose rolled over the Blues 6-2. The Sharks and the Avalanche are 6-0 to start the season. The only other team without a regulation loss -- the Calgary Flames. Weird season.

    Sens in a playoff spot (barely, on the strength of having 2 ROWs vs. only 1 for the Islanders) after a 6 game road trip to open the season; I'll take it but definitely have to build from here.
    The divisional standings no longer have anything to do with the playoffs. As of right now, the Sens are out...

    http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=WC#&navid=nav-stn-conf
    I was looking at the Conference standings (http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=con) which show the Sens in 8th place. The Conference standings always showed the playoff seeding. I guess that's no-longer the case. Stoopid NHL. Moronic division names and now this. What use is the Conference standings if it doesn't show the playoff seeding?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48301
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:08 am

    Flo The Action wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Yep. Gotta watch the wild card. Top 3 from each Div then the next two based on points etc...
    such Dung.... especially in the east. they should just do the top 8 of each conference.
    Conference standings should show the playoff seeding because what they have now is useless. Last year the Conference Standings showed the three division leaders at the top even though they may not have been the top three in the Conference. The rules have changed slightly (instead of the top 1 in each of three divisions it is now the top 3 in each of 2 divisions) but that page never showed the 1 to 16 in the Conference, so why change now?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9235
    Age : 40
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Hoags on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:09 am

    I'm hoping for a spectacular Leafs collapse later this year Beer
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:49 pm

    Hoags wrote:I'm hoping for a spectacular Leafs collapse later this year Beer
    I'm on board for some of that action.

    Nod
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48301
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:34 pm

    shabbs wrote:
    Hoags wrote:I'm hoping for a spectacular Leafs collapse later this year Beer
    I'm on board for some of that action.

    Nod
    Real and spectacular?

    [img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/35583354.jpg[img]


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by spader on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:52 pm

    Beer
    wprager wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    Hoags wrote:I'm hoping for a spectacular Leafs collapse later this year Beer
    I'm on board for some of that action.

    Nod
    Real and spectacular?


    Sponsored content

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:34 pm