Organ Donation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Organ Donation Empty Organ Donation on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
This is kind of out-of-the-blue, but I just read this story:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/tragedy+Emerson+death+glimmer+hope/8958171/story.html

It's about 20-year-old Emmerson Curran, a University of Ottawa student, who was killed in Yellowknife in August. Emmerson is an organ donor, and his parents took great comfort in knowing that his death, while senseless, was not meaningless.

I am a firm believer in organ donation. In Ontario, it's simple to register: https://beadonor.ca/

2Organ Donation Empty Re: Organ Donation on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I just can't not think about me being cut up and my organs being taken away. Stupid reasoning I know

3Organ Donation Empty Re: Organ Donation on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:53 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:I just can't not think about me being cut up and my organs being taken away. Stupid reasoning I know
Yeah, I know. It's a sensitive subject. People have wildly varying thoughts on what happens to us when we die, and how our bodies play into that. For me, I didn't give it a second thought. If I'm dead and gone, and my leftovers can help someone out, that beats being chucked into the incinerator.

4Organ Donation Empty Re: Organ Donation on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:56 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
cut away, cut away! but you might want to auction my testies to the highest bidder.

5Organ Donation Empty Re: Organ Donation on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:07 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Already am.

6Organ Donation Empty Re: Organ Donation on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:I just can't not think about me being cut up and my organs being taken away. Stupid reasoning I know
Usually the donor has no idea what is being done to him/her.

7Organ Donation Empty Re: Organ Donation on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
I used to be and then retracted. They charge the recipient big bucks for my parts and give zero to my widow.

8Organ Donation Empty Re: Organ Donation on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:00 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
I'm a donor; signed the card. Unfortunately, I hope to use them all up by the time I'm gone. I'm doing a particularly good job on my liver Smile

9Organ Donation Empty Re: Organ Donation on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
TheAvatar wrote:I'm a donor; signed the card.  Unfortunately, I hope to use them all up by the time I'm gone.  I'm doing a particularly good job on my liver Smile
yeah no doubt! by then it will be like "we've got a left eye and a functional lower unit! who want's a func...." the rest will probably recycled into perfectly square green food rations to be distributed evenly amongst the population... Laugh1 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum