You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
@Sportsnet 15m
NHL Trade Rumours Roundup: #Oilers reportedly in talks to acquire Miller & Vanek from #Sabres:

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:@Sportsnet 15m
NHL Trade Rumours Roundup: #Oilers reportedly in talks to acquire Miller & Vanek from #Sabres:
Except Pierre Lebrun reported that Miller has Edmonton on his no-trade list.  Wamp-wamp :boot:

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Michallica wrote:
Except Pierre Lebrun reported that Miller has Edmonton on his no-trade list.  Wamp-wamp :boot:
Those things change though. We'll see how Miller feels when the chips are down. Edmonton might be a hole to live in, but if Miller plays up to his potential, he might get there right in time to make some noise.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:
ya and unless they or at least one of them comes with an extention you do not do that trade... plus there would have to be a quite a lot of salary go to buffalo to see that trade happen. sounds like Dung to me

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Is this official?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Is this official?
What do you mean? No, not really I guess because it's from Sportsnet.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
No trade clause for both players - well, at least Miller who has placed Edmonton on his do not trade list. That being said, is Edmonton any worse than Buffalo city wise?

Is Vanek destined to go to Edmonton after all?

If it's Miller and Vanek you have to imagine one of the kids and Hemsky are going the other way.

Miller, Vanek for Yakupov, Hemsky? Miller, Hemsky, Vanek all UFA's after this season. I believe Miller's wife/girlfriend lives in LA so I can't imagine him wanting to play in Edmonton long term.

I think the Oilers are better off going for Halak or Elliott out of St. Louis to make room for Jake Allen. Both also UFA's at year end.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:No trade clause for both players - well, at least Miller who has placed Edmonton on his do not trade list. That being said, is Edmonton any worse than Buffalo city wise?

Is Vanek destined to go to Edmonton after all?

If it's Miller and Vanek you have to imagine one of the kids and Hemsky are going the other way.

Miller, Vanek for Yakupov, Hemsky? Miller, Hemsky, Vanek all UFA's after this season. I believe Miller's wife/girlfriend lives in LA so I can't imagine him wanting to play in Edmonton long term.

I think the Oilers are better off going for Halak or Elliott out of St. Louis to make room for Jake Allen. Both also UFA's at year end.
I don't think it's known what Miller's no-trade list includes, other than he jokingly said "The seven Canadian teams and pick another one". Very likely the Oilers are on that list, but not 100% guaranteed.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Edmonton loses to NYI. going for that 1st overall again... the Edmonton way.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
shabbs wrote:Leafs face Carolina, Chicago and Anaheim in their next three games. Those will be tougher tests for them. 3 game losing streak? Heh heh.
1 in a row...

And that was an epic way to lose. Epic.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:Edmonton loses to NYI. going for that 1st overall again... the Edmonton way.
Hall scored 2 goals in 8 seconds, breaking Gretzky's record. That's the only thing that matters in Edmonton Smile 

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeKing wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Edmonton loses to NYI. going for that 1st overall again... the Edmonton way.
Hall scored 2 goals in 8 seconds, breaking Gretzky's record. That's the only thing that matters in Edmonton Smile 
Gretzky probably doesn't even know because there's not much hockey coverage in his beloved USA.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bishop's looking good... 5-0-0, 1.57 GAA, .943 SV%.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Bishop's looking good... 5-0-0, 1.57 GAA, .943 SV%.
Holy cow. Didn't realize his numbers were that good.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
Alfie has 1G 8A in 8 games too.

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Bishop's looking good... 5-0-0, 1.57 GAA, .943 SV%.
Holy cow.  Didn't realize his numbers were that good.
Hmm I hope Tampa doesn't do well, 1 less playoff spot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum