General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:19 pm

@Sportsnet 15m
    NHL Trade Rumours Roundup: #Oilers reportedly in talks to acquire Miller & Vanek from #Sabres:
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8465
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:26 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:@Sportsnet 15m
    NHL Trade Rumours Roundup: #Oilers reportedly in talks to acquire Miller & Vanek from #Sabres:
    Except Pierre Lebrun reported that Miller has Edmonton on his no-trade list. Wamp-wamp :boot:
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Michallica wrote:
    Except Pierre Lebrun reported that Miller has Edmonton on his no-trade list. Wamp-wamp :boot:
    Those things change though. We'll see how Miller feels when the chips are down. Edmonton might be a hole to live in, but if Miller plays up to his potential, he might get there right in time to make some noise.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Michallica wrote:
    ya and unless they or at least one of them comes with an extention you do not do that trade... plus there would have to be a quite a lot of salary go to buffalo to see that trade happen. sounds like Dung to me
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24789
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Is this official?
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:06 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Is this official?
    What do you mean? No, not really I guess because it's from Sportsnet.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2686
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:34 pm

No trade clause for both players - well, at least Miller who has placed Edmonton on his do not trade list. That being said, is Edmonton any worse than Buffalo city wise?

Is Vanek destined to go to Edmonton after all?

If it's Miller and Vanek you have to imagine one of the kids and Hemsky are going the other way.

Miller, Vanek for Yakupov, Hemsky? Miller, Hemsky, Vanek all UFA's after this season. I believe Miller's wife/girlfriend lives in LA so I can't imagine him wanting to play in Edmonton long term.

I think the Oilers are better off going for Halak or Elliott out of St. Louis to make room for Jake Allen. Both also UFA's at year end.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:19 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:No trade clause for both players - well, at least Miller who has placed Edmonton on his do not trade list. That being said, is Edmonton any worse than Buffalo city wise?

Is Vanek destined to go to Edmonton after all?

If it's Miller and Vanek you have to imagine one of the kids and Hemsky are going the other way.

Miller, Vanek for Yakupov, Hemsky? Miller, Hemsky, Vanek all UFA's after this season. I believe Miller's wife/girlfriend lives in LA so I can't imagine him wanting to play in Edmonton long term.

I think the Oilers are better off going for Halak or Elliott out of St. Louis to make room for Jake Allen. Both also UFA's at year end.
    I don't think it's known what Miller's no-trade list includes, other than he jokingly said "The seven Canadian teams and pick another one". Very likely the Oilers are on that list, but not 100% guaranteed.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Edmonton loses to NYI. going for that 1st overall again... the Edmonton way.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:52 pm

shabbs wrote:Leafs face Carolina, Chicago and Anaheim in their next three games. Those will be tougher tests for them. 3 game losing streak? Heh heh.
    1 in a row...

And that was an epic way to lose. Epic.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am

Flo The Action wrote:Edmonton loses to NYI. going for that 1st overall again... the Edmonton way.
    Hall scored 2 goals in 8 seconds, breaking Gretzky's record. That's the only thing that matters in Edmonton Smile
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24789
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:09 am

LeKing wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Edmonton loses to NYI. going for that 1st overall again... the Edmonton way.
    Hall scored 2 goals in 8 seconds, breaking Gretzky's record. That's the only thing that matters in Edmonton Smile
    Gretzky probably doesn't even know because there's not much hockey coverage in his beloved USA.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Bishop's looking good... 5-0-0, 1.57 GAA, .943 SV%.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:51 pm

shabbs wrote:Bishop's looking good... 5-0-0, 1.57 GAA, .943 SV%.
    Holy cow. Didn't realize his numbers were that good.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9236
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Alfie has 1G 8A in 8 games too.

SpezDispenser wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Bishop's looking good... 5-0-0, 1.57 GAA, .943 SV%.
    Holy cow. Didn't realize his numbers were that good.
    Hmm I hope Tampa doesn't do well, 1 less playoff spot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:58 pm