General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Briere with another concussion.  Not that he was doing much for them, anyway.

That hit (forgot who) on Gorges, I'm surprised he wasn't concussed, too.  Shoulder to the head.  Primary point of contact.  Wonder if there will be a review.

Edit: It was Gabriel Bourque with the hit on Gorges.  Here's the video. He starts between the two faceoff circle and takes 6 quick strides as Gorges comes around behind the net, then levels him with shoulder to head into the boards. Didn't stop skating until he was pretty much at the goal line.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 am; edited 2 times in total

xzel
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2013-09-19

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by xzel on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:38 am

EDIT: also, Hoobie Doobie do? Facepalm  Laughing3 

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:55 am

That was a beauty goal. I'd been flipping back and forth between the Leafs and Habs games but had some stuff to do around the third, so I didn't see this until much later. The way he was celebrating I thought it was an OT winner, so I was "Crap, they still get a loser point".
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:23 am

Mike Smith joins the list (11 goalies credited with a goal); it's a much shorter list (3?) of those who actually scored on their own shot, though:

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:38 am

Wow, that's awesome!!!!
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20775
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:48 am

wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:That's just ignorance and Dung. Didn't say Fleury was their MVP but he was money when it counted. Game 7 against the Caps, he was brilliant. Made a great stop on Ovechkin on a breakaway at the beginning of the game that set the tone.

and that's fuckin stupid to say it would have been over in 5 if Datsyuk and Hossa did something. Do you see how stupid that sounds? Anyways, regardless of how dumb that statement is, Crosby was also hurt in the Final for most of it.

If you weren't using SSF's avatar I would've deleted your post.  But I'll warn you, nevertheless.  Keep it civil; if you can't do it on your own, we'll do it for you.

And Datsyuk and Hossa did not have a good series, on the scoresheet, and when the team loses the last two games scoring only one goal you do look at the players you expect to be scoring.  

And Fleury did not steal a single game in the Finals.  The Pens tightened up defensively (from giving up nearly 40 SOG to giving up something like 75 over the last three games.
    Warn me all you want, not my fault you're ignorant on a variety of topics.

Your second point is Cussing stupid.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:That's just ignorance and Dung. Didn't say Fleury was their MVP but he was money when it counted. Game 7 against the Caps, he was brilliant. Made a great stop on Ovechkin on a breakaway at the beginning of the game that set the tone.

and that's fuckin stupid to say it would have been over in 5 if Datsyuk and Hossa did something. Do you see how stupid that sounds? Anyways, regardless of how dumb that statement is, Crosby was also hurt in the Final for most of it.

If you weren't using SSF's avatar I would've deleted your post.  But I'll warn you, nevertheless.  Keep it civil; if you can't do it on your own, we'll do it for you.

And Datsyuk and Hossa did not have a good series, on the scoresheet, and when the team loses the last two games scoring only one goal you do look at the players you expect to be scoring.  

And Fleury did not steal a single game in the Finals.  The Pens tightened up defensively (from giving up nearly 40 SOG to giving up something like 75 over the last three games.
    Warn me all you want, not my fault you're ignorant on a variety of topics.

Your second point is Cussing stupid.
    Maybe it's your definition of the term, instrumental. I don't see anyone else jumping in saying he was instrumental to them winning. Sid and Geno (IMO) were instrumental; the way the team tightened their play in the defensive zone and held the Mighty Detroit Redwings to 25 (or so) shots in the last three games -- be that coaching or whatever was instrumental. Fleury benefited from that.

Whatever, at least I can make a point without resorting to name calling.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20775
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Didn't call you a name even once. Ignorant is not a name.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Oh, my, that is quite the typo. Too bad we don't have a double facepalm icon Facepalm 

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Ev wrote:Didn't call you a name even once. Ignorant is not a name.
    "Ignorant" is an adjective, true, but the term "name calling" is not restricted to nouns or actual names.

Edit:
    - idiot (implied when you said "Idiots who keep calling him a bad goalie...")
    - ignorance and Dung
    - fuckin stupid
    - stupid
    - dumb

REDACTED was on fire!

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Biron announced his retirement:
    Martin Biron ‏@martybiron43

Après plusieurs jours de réflexion, j'ai décidé de prendre ma retraite et passer à un autre chapitre. Merci à tous pour votre support.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:27 pm

wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:Didn't call you a name even once. Ignorant is not a name.
    "Ignorant" is an adjective, true, but the term "name calling" is not restricted to nouns or actual names.

Edit:
    - idiot (implied when you said "Idiots who keep calling him a bad goalie...")
    - ignorance and Dung
    - fuckin stupid
    - stupid
    - dumb

REDACTED was on fire!
    OMG, lol, I totally forgot about that!

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:18 am

Saw the hit on Penner. Looked clean to me. So he'll probably get 15 game.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 am

Here's the hit. Definitely not charging as he stopped taking strides pretty much as he got into the frame. Looked like he definitely was going shoulder-to-shoulder or to chest, elbows down, not targeting the head, not jumping into the hit. The more I look at it the more I think this was a good, clean hit. Penner just had his head down. But it's an in-person hearing, so go figure.

Meanwhile Bourque on Gorges doesn't even get a review because the guy got up right away; yet that one was clearly a charge with shoulder to head and then the head bouncing off the glass. Gorges is just one of those guys who don't get concussed as easily (good brain/skull fit?) but since there was no punishment Bourque will do it again, and the next time the consequences could be a lot more severe.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:06 pm

I hate those kind of hits personally. I agree though, Penner should not have cut across the ice like that, but those are the hits that can do permanent damage and could probably be avoided.

Not sure what to say on that one.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:08 pm

The more I see it, the fact that he jumped will likely result in 10 games. You KNOW the NHL is looking for an excuse to suspend the guy for that kind of hit. Plus...he went at him with excessive speed unless I'm missing something. Not great.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:50 pm

The Hammer hangs 'em up.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=687814
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:25 pm

5 Games for "Too Loud" McLeod and 2 games for Mike "Grabby" Grabner.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=687828&navid=nhl:topheads

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=687827&navid=nhl:topheads

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:11 am