You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Campbell please.  
I love that you think we'd take on his $7.1M cap hit/salary for this season and the next two.
Michalek solves that instantly. Don't forget that he makes 6 million dollars this year. Next year? You've just added a massive piece to your blue line. That said, you might have to make Florida retain some salary. I'm not the biggest Campbell fan, but there's no argument that he'd help us a lot.

Fleishmann's a solid veteran as well.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
I love that you think we'd take on his $7.1M cap hit/salary for this season and the next two.
Michalek solves that instantly. Don't forget that he makes 6 million dollars this year. Next year? You've just added a massive piece to your blue line. That said, you might have to make Florida retain some salary. I'm not the biggest Campbell fan, but there's no argument that he'd help us a lot.

If they can get Florida to retain a bunch of salary, it is more of a possibility. Don't forget we have a bunch of guys coming up for new contracts, too.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Michalek solves that instantly.  Don't forget that he makes 6 million dollars this year.  Next year?  You've just added a massive piece to your blue line.  That said, you might have to make Florida retain some salary.  I'm not the biggest Campbell fan, but there's no argument that he'd help us a lot.

If they can get Florida to retain a bunch of salary, it is more of a possibility.  Don't forget we have a bunch of guys coming up for new contracts, too.  
If we keep Spezza, his $$ won't go up by much - if at all. Ryan's will go up 2 million give or take. Methot will go up a million - mind you all three of these kick in after next year. Lehner will go up by a lot, so that's a pretty big one, Phillips will either go down or not at all, Zibanejad will go up by 1 million or 2.

I dunno...you're taking Michalek's 6 million out, taking on a 7 million D-man this year, so it's a wash, but I admit, next year that's a fair bit to add.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Michalek solves that instantly.  Don't forget that he makes 6 million dollars this year.  Next year?  You've just added a massive piece to your blue line.  That said, you might have to make Florida retain some salary.  I'm not the biggest Campbell fan, but there's no argument that he'd help us a lot.

If they can get Florida to retain a bunch of salary, it is more of a possibility.  Don't forget we have a bunch of guys coming up for new contracts, too.  
If we keep Spezza, his $$ won't go up by much - if at all. Ryan's will go up 2 million give or take. Methot will go up a million - mind you all three of these kick in after next year. Lehner will go up by a lot, so that's a pretty big one, Phillips will either go down or not at all, Zibanejad will go up by 1 million or 2.

I dunno...you're taking Michalek's 6 million out, taking on a 7 million D-man this year, so it's a wash, but I admit, next year that's a fair bit to add.
If you think Ryan isn't getting the Kessel 8 x 8 you are crazy.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
I think that's a pretty accurate statement. Ryan will get the 8 * 8 for sure, if not just a bit south of that at 7.5.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

If we keep Spezza, his $$ won't go up by much - if at all.  Ryan's will go up 2 million give or take.  Methot will go up a million - mind you all three of these kick in after next year.  Lehner will go up by a lot, so that's a pretty big one, Phillips will either go down or not at all, Zibanejad will go up by 1 million or 2.  

If you think Ryan isn't getting the Kessel 8 x 8 you are crazy.
Meh, maybe. Even if that's the case, that's only an extra 700K than what I guessed for him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He was clearly buried in Anaheim - or didn't like Carlyle which I think is probably more accurate, because he's a top line player without any question whatsoever.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:That's big.
Pat Lafontaine GM. Ted Nolan Interim coach. What the?!?!?
Lafontaine is the head of hockey ops...he will hire the next GM.  Apparently Ted Nolan will still coach the Latvian national team at the Olympics...what the.
My sources tell me Neil Smith is the front runner.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Lafontaine is the head of hockey ops...he will hire the next GM.  Apparently Ted Nolan will still coach the Latvian national team at the Olympics...what the.
Apparently LaF refused the GM post. Said he doesn't have the experience, but said he can help build the ops side of things.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Apparently LaF refused the GM post. Said he doesn't have the experience, but said he can help build the ops side of things.
do they try and poach anyone from the sens org? Tim Murray? Dorion(like when the habs interviewed him) or do they go towards Nashville or SJS, maybe LA? i find it quite a bit interesting. I hope they don't go for their sake with someone lacking experience in the front office. the owner's got deep pockets, he can pay to poach someone from another team.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Glad to see Patty and Nolan back in the NHL. Awesome. Good for the Sabres for sure.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Listening to that Smid interview on Edmonton TSN radio, he did not want to say it but you can pretty much deduce that some of the kids don't want to give the necessary effort to adjust their game to become more complete players.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Edmonton loses again, lol.  Oh man, what a joke. I mean they are 14 points out of a playoff spot, that team's season is over, lol. They can't even panic at this point because there is no point, the ship sank.

Murray... get on the horn and steal Eberle.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Edmonton loses again, lol.  Oh man, what a joke. I mean they are 14 points out of a playoff spot, that team's season is over, lol. They can't even panic at this point because there is no point, the ship sank.

Murray... get on the horn and steal Eberle.
It's one thing to lose, but they got shutout. The one thing the Oilers should not be doing is getting shutout...that's the one thing they are supposed to be capable of - scoring goals.

Edmonton sits 2nd last in the entire NHL, having given up the most goals, and it's not even close. Edmonton has given up 78 goals in 20 games (that's almost 4 per game). Next closest is Florida (3rd last) having given up 66 goals. Assuming Edmonton continues this way, they'll wind up with ANOTHER first overall pick, which is ridiculous.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Yup but as well all know it doesn't matter if they pick first overall, the culture there is toxic and they screwed their rebuild up completely, like there's no going back from here on out. They will choose Ekblad I'm sure and they will find a way to ruin him.

Either way, they need to ship out someone and it looks more and more like it will be Eberle... a guy who the Sens can actually really use.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Edmonton has a lot of holes and FAs don't want to go there even under better circumstances. Not sure what they can do at this point.

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod
No FA in their right mind will go to Edmonton, a team lead by children. If teams win, are good organizations to play for, players will go there. Players love to win, the city itself has very little to do with it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Edmonton has a lot of holes and FAs don't want to go there even under better circumstances. Not sure what they can do at this point.
The one thing the can do, should do, and should've done way sooner, is make a trade for a d-man and goalie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum