General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:08 pm

The more I see it, the fact that he jumped will likely result in 10 games. You KNOW the NHL is looking for an excuse to suspend the guy for that kind of hit. Plus...he went at him with excessive speed unless I'm missing something. Not great.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:50 pm

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:25 pm

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Let's go San Jose!
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:23 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:The more I see it, the fact that he jumped will likely result in 10 games. You KNOW the NHL is looking for an excuse to suspend the guy for that kind of hit. Plus...he went at him with excessive speed unless I'm missing something. Not great.
    Funny, I didn't even think he jumped, but after reading your post went back for another look and yeah. I guess you get so used to everyone driving up through the hit that it becomes just the norm.

But seriously, the one on Gorges was worse because it was a shoulder targeting the head and it was not on open ice. But Gorges got back up and Penner was knocked out. The NHL will never get rid of hits like this if they continue to *only* target the ones that result in injury. Some NHLers take a hit better than others, there's no getting around that, and if you don't suspend a guy just because he happened to hit a guy with a better fitting skull he will continue to deliver the same type of hit and eventually hit someone like Lindros (whose brain was so small that it rattle inside that brain bucket of his).

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Cole Harbour Showdown and JS Giguere steals the show. SOG were 34-14 in favor of Sid's Penguins, but Giggy pitches a shutout and the Avalanche win yet again.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:45 pm

The two top Western teams just beat the top two Eastern teams 1-0, on the road. Mind you, only one game was close.

Alfredsson had the most ice time of all Wings forwards tonight. What's up in Detroit? Can he last 82 games like that?

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21017
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Detroit isn't a top team. They are going down Wednesday.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 am

That Detroit game was absolutely one of the worst games I have seen in a long time. Boring start to finish.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16501
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:05 am

The football game last night was horrid too. Just a bad night for pro sports I guess.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:33 am

Detroit is just a one line team right now. Their depth is Dung and nobody else is scoring. Their D is bad, especially with Kronwall out. Can't believe Gustavsson got 1st star last week.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 am

No one mentioned the big Mike Brown trade?! wtf?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:47 am

Detroit wants to trade Tootoo to get cap space to call up Gustav Nyquist. He's..you guessed it..Swedish.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13360
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:50 am

NEELY wrote:No one mentioned the big Mike Brown trade?! wtf?
    I meant to mention it, Mactavish making his mark on the oil yet again... with a 4rth rounder.
    talk about not addressing their needs

Sarcasm

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:53 am

Well he did clear a contract from the organization so. Either way, if that's his big move he failed large.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:54 am

This year's UFA crop on D is pretty good. Would love the Sens to go after Girardi or Orpik. Well, my top add would be Phaneuf, but I doubt he'd come here.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 am

Edmonton gave up a 4th to get Brown from the Leafs, and now get a 4th rounder back. Brown's gotta be happy going from Edmonton to San Jose though!

Edmonton sits last in their division, and is pretty much already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Every other team in their division has a winning record.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:03 am

Ev wrote:This year's UFA crop on D is pretty good. Would love the Sens to go after Girardi or Orpik. Well, my top add would be Phaneuf, but I doubt he'd come here.
    Orpik is a good defensive d-man, but I'm not sure he'll hit the market as he has a good thing going in Pittsburgh. Also, he's reaching a point where injuries might start to be a concern.

Another free agent defenceman worth a look at a good price is Brian Lee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 pm