General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Ev on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:54 am

This year's UFA crop on D is pretty good. Would love the Sens to go after Girardi or Orpik. Well, my top add would be Phaneuf, but I doubt he'd come here.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 am

Edmonton gave up a 4th to get Brown from the Leafs, and now get a 4th rounder back. Brown's gotta be happy going from Edmonton to San Jose though!

Edmonton sits last in their division, and is pretty much already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Every other team in their division has a winning record.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:03 am

Ev wrote:This year's UFA crop on D is pretty good. Would love the Sens to go after Girardi or Orpik. Well, my top add would be Phaneuf, but I doubt he'd come here.
    Orpik is a good defensive d-man, but I'm not sure he'll hit the market as he has a good thing going in Pittsburgh. Also, he's reaching a point where injuries might start to be a concern.

Another free agent defenceman worth a look at a good price is Brian Lee.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 am

I doubt Girardi goes anywhere, but he's one of the best in the game. So underrated, blocks tons of shots, shoots the puck, hits, just a winner.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:19 am

I couldn't watch the SJ/Detroit game. Cussing terrible.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24758
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:26 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Edmonton gave up a 4th to get Brown from the Leafs, and now get a 4th rounder back. Brown's gotta be happy going from Edmonton to San Jose though!

Edmonton sits last in their division, and is pretty much already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Every other team in their division has a winning record.
    Good move for Brownie. Nice add for the Sharks.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Ev wrote:I doubt Girardi goes anywhere, but he's one of the best in the game. So underrated, blocks tons of shots, shoots the puck, hits, just a winner.
    He's a great player. Would love to have him here.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47674
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:19 pm

So @joelmchale ("Jeff" on NBC's "Community") follows @SSouray.

Joel McHale ‏@joelmchale

.@SSouray, the next time you see me you have my full permission to hit me w/an illegal body-check for not responding to your direct message

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:47 pm

That's kind of neat.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:12 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:That's kind of neat.
    My reply to them was that if McHale got injured Souray would get "Six games and an in-person" from Shanahan.

Couldn't think of anything more clever than "and an in-person" Facepalm

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:24 pm

wprager wrote:
    My reply to them was that if McHale got injured Souray would get "Six games and an in-person" from Shanahan.

These days if you fart on someone you get an in person hearing. Someone who follows hockey closely mighty be (mildly) amused by that.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:49 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    wprager wrote:

These days if you fart on someone you get an in person hearing. Someone who follows hockey closely mighty be (mildly) amused by that.
    I guess you don't watch Community?

http://mattmoorewrites.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/sixseasonsandamovie/

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Leafs get outplayed in the 1st, trail 2-0, then Kessel-Pahenuf quickly tie it up, and Kessel adds to more for a hat trick and a win against the Ducks.

Meanwhile the Habs get up on the Hall-less Oilers 2-0 but have since given up 4 straight and trail 4-2 and as I'm typing this I see it's 4-3 and now the game is over. Habs lose to the Oilers; Leafs beat the Ducks. Strange league.

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 pm

RNH is amaaaazing
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:58 am

That was a pretty good effort by Toronto last night, especially after getting down 2-0. I eagerly anticipate the annual mid-season blue team collapse.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:19 am

tim1_2 wrote:That was a pretty good effort by Toronto last night, especially after getting down 2-0. I eagerly anticipate the annual mid-season blue team collapse.
    A come from behind win by the Leafs and a come from in-front loss by the Habs.

Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:29 am

tim1_2 wrote:That was a pretty good effort by Toronto last night, especially after getting down 2-0. I eagerly anticipate the annual mid-season blue team collapse.
    They beat a pretty damn good team in anaheim. Beware the laffs?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:05 am

Michallica wrote:
    They beat a pretty damn good team in anaheim. Beware the laffs?
    A couple years ago, they were the top team in the East come October, and then slowly drifted away, as leaves will do. I expect more of the same, except this year, the drift will commence in December, when their schedule STIFFENS UP considerably.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:25 am