General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 3187
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by sandysensfan on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Flo The Action wrote:so I got free tickets to the habs yotes game tonight in mtl... my budy is a yotes fan, think it's wrong if i just go with my Sens jersey on? wish i could get my hands on a vermette jersey... Sarcasm 

Habs and Leafs fans go to games with their jerseys on even when their team is not playing. Wear your Sens jersey with pride and cheer for Phoenix.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47523
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:18 pm

sandysensfan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:so I got free tickets to the habs yotes game tonight in mtl... my budy is a yotes fan, think it's wrong if i just go with my Sens jersey on? wish i could get my hands on a vermette jersey... Sarcasm 

Habs and Leafs fans go to games with their jerseys on even when their team is not playing.  Wear your Sens jersey with pride and cheer for Phoenix.

And when they do, we all say how wrong it is. Now, if he had a Vermette jersey then, at least, there's some connection. But without that it's a jersey foul.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Panthers/Leafs tonight... no 3 point game please.

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by sandysensfan on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Now it's still early in games tonight BUT Tor is losing, Mtl is losing, Det is losing, Tam is losing.. the only team above the Sens that is currently winnng is Boston.

Now I've been channel flipping the various games and missed what happened in Detroit. Alfie gets 10 min and a game misconduct?
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Kyle Quincey got the 10 min misconduct from what I can tell...

sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by sandysensfan on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:53 pm

shabbs wrote:Kyle Quincey got the 10 min misconduct from what I can tell...

You are right. I was checking the scores and details on TSN and they showed Alfie out with the game misconduct. Turned the Det game on and there Alfie was playing... Someone at TSN needs to get their facts straight...
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:24 pm

THis Toronto Collapse is beautiful. Playoff spot by thursday bithces!!!
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:33 pm

#delicious

Time to head on over to HFB for some awesomeness...
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:52 pm

LeKing wrote:THis Toronto Collapse is beautiful. Playoff spot by thursday bithces!!!
    Dare to dream...

Certainly do-able.

Jersey and Florida.

Make it so.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Listening to the post game show is actually better.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12773
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:40 pm

it's really too bad the habs won. mike smith was something else that game. the third was an empty net.
    the yotes came out ok but kept giving it away with some terrible passes. a lot slower then the habs also. by mid 2nd you could tell the haabs were gonna take it over.

the yotes game is def winnable on the 21st.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:30 am

LeKing wrote:THis Toronto Collapse is beautiful. Playoff spot by thursday bithces!!!

3 points back with a game in hand.  Too bad the Flyers are also 3 back with *two* games in hand.  Leafs are done, just don't know it yet.  Did I hear it correctly where they have something like 1 regulation win in the last 19?  I must have mis-heard.  But if true, their goaltending can't continue to salvage them loser points and SO wins.  Or can it?

Anyhow, Philly may have a game in hand on us but they will pass Carolina before they pass the Leafs (so vault into 6th instead of 8th).  Carolina is 1 point ahead of us with a game in hand so, even if they win that game in hand, they'd be in the same boat as the Leafs.

Edit: Philly plays Columbus back-to-back tomorrow and Saturday.  Carolina plays Washington and Tampa on Friday/Saturday -- guaranteed loss on Saturday after a Divisional matchup?  Maybe even two losses, given how Ovie is flying.

I still don't see how we could be in a playoff spot by Thursday.

Edit 2: Oh, I see, we play tonight *and* tomorrow.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:17 am

Leafs have 3 regulation wins in their last 22 games. 1 in their last 15. I think we knew that their goal tending was covering up a lot of issues in their play, and they had a softer schedule to start the season. Now that Reimer and Bernier are coming back down to earth, they are being exposed.

#delicious
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:19 am

shabbs wrote:Leafs have 3 regulation wins in their last 22 games. 1 in their last 15. I think we knew that their goal tending was covering up a lot of issues in their play, and they had a softer schedule to start the season. Now that Reimer and Bernier are coming back down to earth, they are being exposed.

#delicious

Yep, their Corsi and Fenwick numbers were bad even early on. I can't believe I just said that.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:20 am

Oh, and talk was how, now that Burke is in charge in Calgary, that Phaneuf could negotiate any kind of deal he wants, with Calgary pushing the cap. They said the way he's played he would easily get $7 x 7 from any other team. But isn't he the anchor on their D?

Plus I don't think Elisha would welcome a move to Cowgary.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:26 am

Leafs are gonna have to pay the piper with Phaneuf. Like him or not, he is a big part of their D and logs a ton of minutes.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:49 am

Leafs are a mess and that Clarkson deal looks REALLY bad haha. I love Toronto.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:51 am

Heh. Yeah, that Clarkson deal looks horra-awful right now. Hopefully that continues.

#delicious

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:23 pm